Shadowrun General > Gear

Hurray! Cheated death!

(1/2) > >>

gruegirl:
It's the little things in life that let you survive as a runner. I managed to weasel out of getting hit by a landmine via genetic electrosense and judicious use of edge.

And now I get to live another day. Huzzah.

Angelone:
Congradulations  ;D was it one of those you were about to step on it and sensed it at the last second things?

FastJack:
I always call that an Indy move.

"A penitent man kneels before god."

gruegirl:
At first he said "Oh you step on a landmine."

Then I pointed out perception rolls, and he said "But of course to spot it visually you'd need to roll crazy high."

So I look over my sheet and I have SURGED for electrosense, so I asked if I could use that, he let me at -4 because my observe in detail was on something else at that round. I rolled for it, spent an edge, and ended up with 6 hits.

Mongoose:
Do mines have any electrical currents (or even components) in them?  I can see the batteries going dead rather easily if they did.  Or does your electrosense also trigger every time you walk over a buried pop can?
(Either way, I think 6 successes with an even vaugely applicable sensne would twig you- olfactory enhancers would let you smell the buried explosives, for example.) 

Which reminds me- smell is a frequently neglected sensory cue that can certainly save your life... and is easy to augment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version