Catalyst Game Labs > Catalyst's Shadowrun Products

Street Wyld Available

<< < (2/8) > >>

Shinobi Killfist:
Random question do they add touch indirect attack spells into the game and if so how do they work, I don't think that has ever been answered in any of the previous editions. 2 defense tests one for touching one for the spell or is the spell the only test.

Edit to add.

Spell creation could you make something like a stronger levitate 100kg per hit, can you make a levitate that does not bizarrely require you look at it all the time?

Sir Ludwig:
Shinobi,

I ordered a dead tree version from Catalyst the day it came out.  I do not believe it has shipped because on a FB group J.Hardy commented they wouldn't ship until Early March.

I tried to find the exact post but couldn't.  SSDR I think is on the same group so maybe he can confirm/disprove what I said.

Regards,
SL

Lormyr:

--- Quote from: Shinobi Killfist on ---Random question do they add touch indirect attack spells into the game and if so how do they work, I don't think that has ever been answered in any of the previous editions. 2 defense tests one for touching one for the spell or is the spell the only test.
--- End quote ---

I have not thoroughly read the book yet, so it's possible I missed something important. That said, you can design indirect touch attack spells, which appear to follow the normal rules for indirect spell attack/defense pools.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:
Street Wyrd doesn't give new rules for delivering touch attacks.

In this edition, it looks like Touch range spells involve two rolls (pg. 131).  First roll to establish the "touch" and 2nd roll for the spellcasting test itself.

Lormyr:
SSDR you may want to get your folks to look at the "affect specific type of test" ingredient too. Since according to CRB page 35, any dice pool roll is a "test", that ingredient alone is a complete balance obliterater.

Unlimited defense dice pool test and unlimited drain resistance test immediately come to mind since neither are affected by the skill augment cap, may also effect soak but I haven't verified wordings there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version