Shadowrun General > Gear

Pacifist

<< < (3/6) > >>

Imveros:

--- Quote from: ZeConster on ---
--- Quote from: Imveros on ---you can also use capsule rounds + DMSO + Narcoject and turn any gun you want into a non lethal weapon. You can avoid costly exotic weapon proficiency that way if you don't mind the light pistol ranges on capsule rounds
--- End quote ---
The problem with capsule rounds is toxins are relatively slow - more often than not, the enemy will still be able to shoot at you for 1-2 IPs.
(On a side-note: I co-GM'd a session where the players had to recapture a bunch of paracritters. The group sniper went first when they encountered a big elephant-like critter, got lucky on the shot, and ended up knocking it out with the Stun damage from the round itself.)

--- End quote ---

yup thats why i said to use narcoject. It has an effect of instant and quite a large amount of stun damage

SR Core 410

--- Quote ---Narcoject
Vector: Injection
Speed: Immediate
Penetration: 0
Power: 15
Effect: Stun Damage
A common tranquilizer, narcoject is typically used
with dart guns. It has no side effects.
--- End quote ---

you just need the DMSO to make it a contact poison and you're off to the races

ZeConster:

--- Quote from: Imveros on ---
--- Quote from: ZeConster on ---
--- Quote from: Imveros on ---you can also use capsule rounds + DMSO + Narcoject and turn any gun you want into a non lethal weapon. You can avoid costly exotic weapon proficiency that way if you don't mind the light pistol ranges on capsule rounds
--- End quote ---
The problem with capsule rounds is toxins are relatively slow - more often than not, the enemy will still be able to shoot at you for 1-2 IPs.
(On a side-note: I co-GM'd a session where the players had to recapture a bunch of paracritters. The group sniper went first when they encountered a big elephant-like critter, got lucky on the shot, and ended up knocking it out with the Stun damage from the round itself.)

--- End quote ---
yup thats why i said to use narcoject. It has an effect of instant and quite a large amount of stun damage
--- End quote ---
"Immediate" for a toxin is still "at the end of the Combat Turn in which you're exposed to it", though:

--- Quote from: SR5 Core, Page 408 ---Speed: This determines how quickly the victim suffers the toxin’s Effect. These effects are always applied at the end of a Combat Turn.
Immediate means the Effect is applied at the end of the same Combat Turn in which the victim is exposed.
A Speed of 1 Combat Turn means the Effect is applied at the end of the next Combat Turn, and so on.
--- End quote ---

Michael Chandra:
Should I add that to Easily Missed Rules?

JackVII:
Yup, it's definitely not immediately obvious. :D

Imveros:

--- Quote from: Michael Chandra on ---Should I add that to Easily Missed Rules?

--- End quote ---

yup you should. I've never noticed that rule before ~_~

My decker has been getting away with Super Narcoject for months now  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version