Shadowrun General > Gear

List of useful substances in a chemical gland?

(1/3) > >>

DigitalZombie:
If one were to create a poison-based character, what good poison could I put in a chemical gland?
I know gamma scopolamine is a neat utility and partly combat poison.
But what else are there? Any good spider venoms? And in what book are they listed.

Mirikon:
Remember that a chemical gland has to have a single natural, non-synthetic compound. Gamma-scopolamine is a synthetic created by combining two naturally occurring compounds, IIRC. (Something like gamma-vinyl-GABA and scopolamine. You get into unpronounceable chemical names FAST when you go into biochem.) This is part of the reason I've never cared much for them, as all the really good poisons or drugs are synthetics. However, if the chemical reservoir cyberware is still around, you could get that, and have it set to coat a cyberweapon when it first extends. That cyberware holds whatever you want, but you have to refill it. Which means you could dose your handrazors with Laes or Slab if you liked, which is a good way to end a fight quickly.

DigitalZombie:
Thanks. Yeah it seems that going synthetic is definetily the easiest way to go.
But arent there any prices and avaliability on snake venoms and the like?
Alternatively I'll see if I can ditch up with some acceptable houserules for them. I know snake venom is listed in howling shadows- but no price or availability.  :-\

Jack_Spade:
Fighting with poisons is not really a good idea - unless you are an assassin.

That said, Hard Targets (p.193) gives you a pretty good one: Tetrodotoxin
Injection, Ingestion
10 minutes with Ingestion, otherwise 1 Combat Turn.
7 Physical Damage
Paralysis (Special)

The damage isn't particularly high, but the paralysis can end a fight pretty effectively.

firebug:
Tetrodotoxin in a chemical gland is such a strong choice, it's actually the basis of one of my recurring enemy factions.  A gang called the Fangs, lead by Snake, who's an adept with that biotech installed.  Through him, he's able to arm some of the important warriors in his gang with a paralysis toxin, making his gang a much bigger threat than their numbers would allow, even in comparison to wiz gangs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version