NEWS

The current situation with Dragons

• 275 Replies

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #135 on: <04-27-12/2118:51> »
I suppose not.  But effectively the shotgun is next to the rocking chair . . .  ::)
Wouldn't a dragon-sized shotgun be a Punt Gun?

With an underbarrel punt gun.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #136 on: <04-27-12/2316:30> »
I suppose not.  But effectively the shotgun is next to the rocking chair . . .  ::)

Great Dragon-sized shotgun would be an M65 Atomic Cannon... Hehehe.
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #137 on: <04-28-12/0436:03> »

Nah. Great Dragon-sized/scaled (!) shotgun would be metaphorical.

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #138 on: <04-28-12/1655:04> »

Metaphorical... Is that a new brand of gun made with metatypes in mind?
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #139 on: <04-29-12/0543:35> »

Metaphorical... Is that a new brand of gun made with metatypes in mind?

Only if you ask Sirrurg  :P  ::)

Cranstonvm

• Chummer
  • Dragons everywhere!!!
« Reply #140 on: <04-30-12/1624:34> »
I am wondering about Lowfry, is he up something else from the novels? I did not read them. I know about the possible dragon war but not sure about other things.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

International Dieselpunk day November 12th http://www.dieselpunks.org/ for more information!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #141 on: <04-30-12/1808:44> »
Lofwyr's up to his scaly golden snout in other things.  Certainly he's got his talons in the war, but he's setting the pieces up so that no matter the outcome, he wins.

Might be a small win compared to the best case scenario, but it'll be a win for him nonetheless.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #142 on: <05-01-12/0216:56> »
Don't forget that dragons take a long, looooong view. A dragon war might play out over centuries.

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #143 on: <05-01-12/0334:59> »
Don't forget that dragons take a long, looooong view. A dragon war might play out over centuries.

Makes you wonder if this is just a stage in war that began a long time ago. Like all long wars, there are peaks and troughs in activity.  Maybe they are just getting a bit more active in ther long cold war.

Also makes you wonder what such evolved creatures are really at war over (or if they really war at all, but I guess they do because Lowfyr killed a rival early in this age.)  Territory? Material Power?  Metaphyscial Power?  Status? Survival?
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Stry

• Chummer
« Reply #144 on: <05-01-12/0925:50> »

With we know about dragons and their rites and rituals, it way just look like big game of chess to us.  I will serious doubt they literally fight each other head,  seen and commotion it will cause would be the last thing dragons would want. I have a feeling any war between dragons would be done via proxy kind like in Survival of the Fittest.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #145 on: <05-01-12/0943:24> »
I won't comment on its veracity, but my favorite description of the state of the conflict so far is from a fan who describes it as a courtship ritual between Hestaby and Lofwyr.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #146 on: <05-01-12/0959:56> »
If it is courtship I find it amusing that dragons have the same courtship rituals as kindergartners, hairpulling and namecalling.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #147 on: <05-01-12/1201:50> »
With we know about dragons and their rites and rituals, it way just look like big game of chess to us.
"Silly little things, thinking it's only chess.  It's far, far more complicated than that.  Actually, it's similar to some of their earlier role playing games.  I like those, they work the brain nicely."
I won't comment on its veracity, but my favorite description of the state of the conflict so far is from a fan who describes it as a courtship ritual between Hestaby and Lofwyr.
Great, baby dragons...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Cranstonvm

• Chummer
  • Dragons everywhere!!!
« Reply #148 on: <05-01-12/1443:07> »

It would make sense if it was a courtship, proving each others worth...
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

International Dieselpunk day November 12th http://www.dieselpunks.org/ for more information!

Cranstonvm

• Chummer
  • Dragons everywhere!!!
« Reply #149 on: <05-01-12/1444:55> »
If it is courtship I find it amusing that dragons have the same courtship rituals as kindergartners, hairpulling and namecalling.

Kids are rather smart for certain things.