NEWS

The current situation with Dragons

• 275 Replies

Stry

• Chummer
« Reply #30 on: <01-31-12/1234:53> »
Do not forget about Schwartzkopf too he has been pretty quiet sense crash2.0.

Alamais is also still around and is proof that orbital weapons can not one shot a great dragon.

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <01-31-12/1402:49> »
I would hardly call Aden a 'Good Guy' but more of a Big and Cranky Great who awoke and saw some damnfool Jihadist calling for the slaughter of All Thinks Awakened. He proceeded to Flame Tehran into the ground out of Pique, etstablishing the food Chain in a Way that none of the locals loons could ignore, explain away as something else, or BS their way out of.

Aden: Will Anyone Else Attempt to Fill Their Shoes?
Survivors: ummm....no?
Aden: Good. Now Get Of My Lawn.

Aden Also does not return phone calls, so its kinda hard to see it as anything else
Tech dreams of organic toys
And I'm runnin' out on the edge
Soft screams of the rockerboys
Echoing through my head

--Miracle Of Sound, City Of Night

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #32 on: <01-31-12/1449:25> »
Didnt read Artifacts Unbound yet, since we play the artifacts campaign and this will become actual maybe in half a year or so, well if Aden appears there, it seems as a good reeason to give it a quick view...

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #33 on: <01-31-12/1515:26> »
Aden seems quiet since his big show, many years ago.

But dragons generally operate in the shadows. So who knows how runners have jobs which actually supported his agenda (even if said agenda was 'get off my lawn').  Even the public dragons have plays in the shadows that we may never know about ( unless we get mor fiction. Hint hint)

You know, I really did like dragons of the sixth age and survival of the fittest.  Good books those.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #34 on: <01-31-12/1556:15> »
I also love those two.
Aden seems to have his tete a tete with Lofwyrs interrests in the Middle east territory, well he didnt even act when Ibn Eisa appeared on the scene if I remember correctly... he seems quite careless about the outside world

Black

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <01-31-12/1645:38> »
Maybe, for the most part, we just don't interest them enough to attract their attention.  A number of dragons don't seem to operate in a way that demostrates much more concern over the mundan events beyond 'get off my lawn'.  No that they arn't doing something, it just doesn't cross into our 'world' so to speak. I sometimes think GhostWalker would fit this category if the mortals hadn't dumped a city on his home.

And then you have Dragons which run corporations....
Perception molds reality

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #36 on: <01-31-12/1648:56> »
If he really wanted humans off his lawn in Denver, don't you think he'd have been able to do it anyhow?

Maybe he likes having his own kingdom that's actually a bunch of different countries?  Gets to wear a different crown (Or draconic equivalent) depending on his mood.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Black

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <01-31-12/1657:23> »
If he really wanted humans off his lawn in Denver, don't you think he'd have been able to do it anyhow?

Maybe he likes having his own kingdom that's actually a bunch of different countries?  Gets to wear a different crown (Or draconic equivalent) depending on his mood.

LOL! Ghostwalker in a 10 galleon hat!

http://asherthedragon.deviantart.com/art/Cowboy-Dragon-227507153
Perception molds reality

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #38 on: <01-31-12/1729:19> »

LOL! Ghostwalker in a 10 galleon hat!

http://asherthedragon.deviantart.com/art/Cowboy-Dragon-227507153
Crown of the CAS!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Malathis

• Chummer
« Reply #39 on: <02-03-12/1242:09> »

Wouldn't being the ruler of each of the sectors in Denver give him each a new seperate title, and don't titles grant power (Earthdawn magic if memory serves).

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #40 on: <02-03-12/1322:52> »
Even if they don't anymore, he may not know that. Or maybe he's just so used to that being how it was that he knows better but still accumulates titles out of habit?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #41 on: <02-03-12/1556:47> »
Even if they don't anymore, he may not know that. Or maybe he's just so used to that being how it was that he knows better but still accumulates titles out of habit?
Bragging rights alone.  He's never stuck with the bar tab at the very least.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <02-03-12/1621:26> »
I was curious about that "Power comes from Titles" thing. It was mentioned in a passing voice both about President Juan and President Dunk, but never really touched on. As I never dipped a toe into Earthdawn, I never could quite grab onto it.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #43 on: <02-03-12/1626:42> »
It is in the same kind of field as true names of spirits. Names have power. Names in the form of titles have more power the more important the title is. So saying you're President of the water cooler on four square would have power. but being President of the UCAS has a great deal more power. The more people that acknowledge that title, the greater the power that title has.

It is the symbolism of it.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <02-04-12/0348:21> »
Kind of makes you wonder what would be if the United States hadn't been broken up.