NEWS

[5E] Basic Rigger

• 20 Replies

Shrazkil

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <10-11-14/1903:43> »
Ι thought that at chargen the maximum rating of drone  autosofts is 3 ?
Pretty sure u are thinking of skillsofts.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #16 on: <10-11-14/1909:24> »
Check the errata.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

8-bit

« Reply #17 on: <10-11-14/1947:32> »
Oh ok, thanks.
It's not that I don't trust your word  but can you give me the page in the corebook?

The Core Book unintentionally left out Autosofts, so the Official Errata covers it. Here's the link to the Errata - http://cdn.shadowruntabletop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/E-CAT2700E_SR5-Errata.pdf

Since Autosofts have an Availability of Rating x 2, then Rating 6 is the max you can acquire at standard character generation. Page 4 gives you the stat block.

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <10-13-14/0607:53> »
Thanks!

Sorry for the off-topic but I don't think a new topic is needed :

If a rotordrone has a targeting autosoft rating 6 (which is pretty good right) would you say that it needs a pilot check in order to follow a command to use suppresive fire?I mean, it's mechanical  brain is measured by it's pilot rating but higher targeting rating means greater firing capabilities
My rigger gave the command to her drone and I wasn't sure if I should consider it a complex one

8-bit

« Reply #19 on: <10-13-14/1125:08> »
Suppressive fire is not an incredibly complex concept. It's point a FA gun at someone, hold the trigger, and keep it relatively steady so that it shoots in an area. It doesn't even really require aiming. So, I would say no. The pilot is built on a drone to understand combat to some extent, and although the reasons for suppressive fire are complicated, the actual act of doing it is not. The pilot doesn't really need the reasons, so I would say it's perfectly capable of doing the action.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #20 on: <10-19-14/0600:09> »
a complex instruction would be something like, "follow that guy and alert me if he gets into a car or meets anyone"
that is a combination of things to do and requires object identification and reasoning. you'd need to roll for that.
"suppress that area" or "attack that person" are simple commands and wouldn't need a roll imho
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor