NEWS

Here's what i'm doing, dammit! [PbP PvP 5ed] recruiting closed.

• 366 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #45 on: <09-27-14/0039:30> »
It seems we only have 6 interested players or the 8 you were looking for. That's also assuming that everyone who posted is interested in playing. Any ideas on how to fill the remaining spots?

Time and persistence.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #46 on: <09-27-14/0044:04> »
Fair enough. Could we change the title of the thread to include 6/8 or something to that effect so that people don't assume its all full up because we've been planning for awhile?
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

8-bit

« Reply #47 on: <09-27-14/0056:05> »
Been a while since we've seen too many people. I understand people are busy, but it would be nice to hear from everyone who is (currently) wanting to participate in this game. It's up to us to create teams, get common contacts sorted out, etc. I think we've decided it's in the CZ though, so take that into consideration.

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #48 on: <09-27-14/0144:02> »
that's true too. Who's to say we still have 6 players? If we do, perhaps we will get more interest if they see wheels moving!
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #49 on: <09-27-14/0211:41> »
that's true too. Who's to say we still have 6 players? If we do, perhaps we will get more interest if they see wheels moving!

Do you folks have any idea who's on which team yet?

It should be noted that even though this is titled PvP, it doesn't mean deathmatch. You'll simply sometimes be working at cross purposes is all. Some of you may even be friends despite being on different "teams".
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #50 on: <09-27-14/0230:52> »

Do you folks have any idea who's on which team yet?

It should be noted that even though this is titled PvP, it doesn't mean deathmatch. You'll simply sometimes be working at cross purposes is all. Some of you may even be friends despite being on different "teams".

I'm all for me and Imveros being on a team. Does that sound good to you Imveros?

I would probably like at least one matrix guy and one more combat guy. Multiple faces on a team just sort of... well, makes it difficult to decide who is actually going to talk. Although the contacts that come with it are pretty amazing. I figure firepower is more prevalent in street level games anyways. Matrix is really going to be the hard part, but I think someone posted a technomancer, so that's something.

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #51 on: <09-27-14/1104:40> »
Sure I'm down to run with Silk! It seems like he has a very interesting and well thought out history. I also think it could lead to interesting conversations during down time trying to convert each other over to our ways of thinking. Ravensoracle was the one bringing the techno to the table. We would love to have you Ravensoracle if your still down for this game. Rednblack is the only other person to post a concept, and he is a combat type.

8 bit, I assume you're fine with being the face and mage? Seems like what you're going for anyway. Then depending on where  Ravensoracle goes with Rip, he could be a back up face if you wanted one. Johnny also has a few social skills as well. As for combat thugs probably wont expect a techno, I will have plenty of CC, and Baby Hardcore can bring the Daka,

Sound good to the three of you? If so, lets start coordinating contacts and see which of us knows each other before the first run!

8-bit

« Reply #52 on: <09-27-14/1133:54> »
As I've thought about contacts, I've gotten more and more ideas about his history, but they're mostly stuff to roleplay him better. Not really stuff that is important for this thread. Yes, I can imagine it will get very interesting, but that's good!

I'm fine with being the face and mage, that's kind of the only way I can think to run a face at Street Level. I can't exactly get a bunch of augmentations, so I have to contribute somehow other than just talking. Just be aware that I do not have counterspelling. It's hard fitting face and mage skills in Priority C skills. The rest of the stuff you mentioned sounds fine to me.

I'm all ready to start coordinating. I'm considering sending them a PM, but I don't want to be rude or get in their faces. Life sometimes just makes peoples busy.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #53 on: <09-27-14/1554:13> »
initial post updated
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #54 on: <09-29-14/1025:13> »
Baby Hardcore would be happy to bring the daka and run with you fellas.  As written BH is a little more southern sounding to me, so I'll be updating the concept and hope to get contacts figured out shortly.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #55 on: <09-30-14/1200:03> »
Baby Hardcore would be happy to bring the daka and run with you fellas.  As written BH is a little more southern sounding to me, so I'll be updating the concept and hope to get contacts figured out shortly.

Sounds good to me. When you get contacts and stuff figured out we can figure out how we all know each other in game.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #56 on: <09-30-14/1313:56> »
As for shared connections, Sarah Silverleaf definitely moves in different circles than Baby Hardcore, but Egrand Alexij may work.  From the Missions dossiers, I'd say that Quantum Princess, Matt Wrath, and Becky 99 are likely candidates.  Anybody want to bite?

Otherwise, the majority of BH's contacts will be fellow anarchist types.  I was thinking of having "dad" as a contact, but loyalty 6 is fraggin' expensive, and I don't think I'll have the points to spend on it.

@Poindexter, for my freebie interest points, I'm considering the following.  Most are not at all related to game play, so let me know if you think I'm handicapping myself.

20th Century Anarchist Punk Music (American Oi) 4
20th Century Films (Criterion Collection) 3
Anarchist Philosophy (Neo-Anarchist) (Anarcho-Syndicalism) 4
Voodoo 1

I currently have 4 more points to play with.  Is it kosher to use area knowledge, or squatter lifestyle or something like that?

Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #57 on: <09-30-14/1325:54> »
Yeah... Sarah is a little well connected for a Street level runner. Definitely fits Silk's goal to rise up through society to be a major player.

As for other shared connections; Egrand Alexij is something I'm fine with. I don't see Silk working with Quantum Princess or Matt Wrath (although you can still take if you want), but I could see Becky 99. Even if her goals are fairly altruistic, which is against Silk's style, Silk can agree with the goal of getting rid of insect spirits and fixing up Chicago a bit. After all, as a mage himself, it's fairly hellish trying to do anything Astrally in the CZ.

I could also see Silk working with some anarchist people simply as a business relationship. They probably have a decently wide network and certainly have conspiracy theorists and the like about current corporate movements. Silk works for himself, so if the anarchists want payment for their information, Silk would probably be willing to help them out a little. Even if it just means using his contacts to pull some resources their way. Or using his social skills to organize or coordinate something; perhaps even an exchange of information. It's up to you what the anarchist group you are in is like; I can't really dictate how I would interact with them yet.
« Last Edit: <09-30-14/1328:24> by 8-bit »

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #58 on: <09-30-14/1335:29> »
@8-bit, if you're interested in one of the anarchist types and need a street doc as a connection the ABC is a natural fit, and that wouldn't affect Silk's aversion to altruism in the slightest, since they work with folks from all walks of life.  Just something to consider.  I'm fine with the ork ganger as well.  BH isn't a terribly altruistic person, but he is "political" to the extreme.

@Poindexter, would you allow a weapon to be outfitted with both a suppressor and a gas vent system, so long as only one of those was enabled at any given time?  The way I see this functioning is, a suppressor is outfitted to be attached below the gas vent system, nullifying its recoil benefit but allowing the weapon to be used stealthily.  Thoughts?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #59 on: <09-30-14/1455:38> »
@8-bit, if you're interested in one of the anarchist types and need a street doc as a connection the ABC is a natural fit, and that wouldn't affect Silk's aversion to altruism in the slightest, since they work with folks from all walks of life.  Just something to consider.  I'm fine with the ork ganger as well.  BH isn't a terribly altruistic person, but he is "political" to the extreme.

@Poindexter, would you allow a weapon to be outfitted with both a suppressor and a gas vent system, so long as only one of those was enabled at any given time?  The way I see this functioning is, a suppressor is outfitted to be attached below the gas vent system, nullifying its recoil benefit but allowing the weapon to be used stealthily.  Thoughts?

I actually am lacking a street doc. How convenient. Sounds like a good match.