NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #45 on: <09-06-14/1556:28> »
The only external flesh on her is from under the breasts on up.

Well, I'm glad we got that sorted out!

No, seriously, thanks for the specifics - I spend way too much time making movies of these runs in my head, and the more detail the better!

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <09-06-14/1612:42> »
I totally understand.
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

8-bit

« Reply #47 on: <09-06-14/2118:10> »
I don't mean to interrupt anything, but just a question.  I see this has started, and I'm not 100% sure who is in and who isn't. The list on the first page lists only 4 people, but I notice that Luz is in the IC thread. Does this mean I am in too? If not, that's fine, I will leave this thread alone, but I was just slightly confused. I am currently on vacation and posting this from my phone. I may have missed something due to not having access to a computer.

Sorry to intrude, I hope I'm not messing anything up.

Carathas

• Newb
« Reply #48 on: <09-07-14/1249:51> »
Hi there,

I'd like to submit a character for the Circus Tricks thread if thats cool. I've been a away from SR for a long time and I've been looking for a friendly game to get back into things. I'll work on a character (probably something quite straightforward in rules terms) and see how I go.

Thanks

Cara

risoknop

• Newb
« Reply #49 on: <09-07-14/1657:03> »
Hi, I would like to submit a character for Circus Tricks. I'm still working on the details but here is a short summary of the background I got so far.

Name: Max Messerschmitt

Max is quite an experienced shadowrunner born in Allied German States (probably neo-anarchist part of Berlin). he spent several years of his life working for Saeder-Krupp as one of their deniable assets. Lots of dangerous runs and close calls but he considers those years the best part of his life.

Then, everything went to hell. After a botched run (possibly double-crossed by Mr Johnson), a corp exec who hired the runners decided to pull the plug on the team. There was a bounty on their heads so they ran for their lives. Most of the team was hunted down and killed.

In order to survive, Max had to leave the country. Currently he's living in Seattle under a false identity and trying to keep a low profile. He still needs to eat though, so he's back in the shadows (trying to stay clear of anything related to S-K just to be on the safe side).

I'm still working on more details. Tell me what you think. I will decide what archetype to use.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #50 on: <09-08-14/0757:43> »
Are we going to use this as the OOC thread for the Circus game?

If so, have payments and expectations already been negotiated or are we just showing up?
Yes, please use this for OoC.  Might want to prefix things with @CT: for when we eventually get another IC thread going :)

I tend to gloss over payment due to the nature of 'reward' in my games being for the amount you post rather than a predetermined figure...so assume that's dealt with...I imagine you wouldn't have boarded the zeppelin without some promise of cash or even upfront funds...
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #51 on: <09-08-14/0800:46> »
I don't mean to interrupt anything, but just a question.  I see this has started, and I'm not 100% sure who is in and who isn't. The list on the first page lists only 4 people, but I notice that Luz is in the IC thread. Does this mean I am in too? If not, that's fine, I will leave this thread alone, but I was just slightly confused. I am currently on vacation and posting this from my phone. I may have missed something due to not having access to a computer.

I don't turn anyone away :D  If I've missed people of the links at the beginning then apologies, will try and sort that ASAP so that we all know who's in the party!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #52 on: <09-08-14/0806:40> »
@ Carathas & Risoknop:  feel free to jump on board, as I said to 8-bit, nobody gets turned away who wants in!  Post up your characters and feel free to get involved in the IC straight away!

Carathas

• Newb
« Reply #53 on: <09-08-14/1004:57> »
@ Carathas & Risoknop:  feel free to jump on board, as I said to 8-bit, nobody gets turned away who wants in!  Post up your characters and feel free to get involved in the IC straight away!

Ok, I am finalising the character now but he is an older Bear Shaman with a bit of a history. He has a criminal record following some activism against Shiawase. Essentially an older semi-tribal sort with a chip on his shoulder about megacorporate pollution and environmental exploitation. Likes to take long walks in the countryside, talking to the spirits.  ;D

He makes a living off shadowruns while helping out around the community as a healer. Not really a combat type but typical of Bears, you don't want to be around him when he's angry about something.

8-bit

« Reply #54 on: <09-08-14/1144:28> »

I don't turn anyone away :D  If I've missed people of the links at the beginning then apologies, will try and sort that ASAP so that we all know who's in the party!

All right, thanks for the response. I'll see what I can do about making sure everything with my character is ready and maybe get an IC post up. Might take a few more days, as I get back to a normal computer on Thursday; currently using a library computer.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #55 on: <09-08-14/1438:22> »
@CT: I'm gonna try and sweet talk my way into the nicest accomodations I can.  I realize that it's a circus, and 'nice' is going to be simply comparitive, but Bittorrent likes to live the nicest life he can :)
Nicer doss (con1 + cha 5 + argentum coat 1 + berwick suit 1 + first impressions 2 = 10): 10d6t5 4

EDIT: forgot my starting cash:
Starting Cash: 1d6*20+380 480
« Last Edit: <09-08-14/1739:09> by Zweiblumen »
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Carathas

• Newb
« Reply #56 on: <09-08-14/1442:46> »
So, I'm not sure of the best way to present the character, for now I will just link to a CHUM5 file in my Dropbox. If you would prefer it in some other format please let me know. And obviously if you find any issues, please holler.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33635/Leaflock.chum5

For the record, Leaflock, usually known just by Leaf is a middle-aged human Bear Shaman with a chequered past of slightly radical environmentalist behaviour. He's not a full on tree-hugger but he loves the wilderness and fell afoul of Shiwase a number of years ago when he got mixed up with some serious eco-terrorist types.

He's a friendly, helpful sort of guy who will lend his healing talents to anyone in need. He's no pacifist but doesn't routinely carry a gun and won't be the guy leaping into the fray, unless someone needs to be dragged out of said fray.

I'll catch up on the IC post and get started.

8-bit

« Reply #57 on: <09-08-14/1509:25> »
I'm assuming that knowing where I'm going I can quickly buy a respirator? 0 Availability seems like it would be readily available to me. If so, I will buy a rating 6 one before we get on the zeppelin for 300 nuyen. That puts me at -20 nuyen before rolling for starting money, so I might as well roll for it.

Starting Money: 3d6*60 720 + my 280 = 900 - 300 = 600 nuyen remaining.

Forgot that I had a Middle Lifestyle, not Low. My actual money would be:

Starting Money (the real one): 4d6*100 1300 + my 280 = 1580 - 300 = 1280 nuyen remaining.

I'll take a look-see around visually and listen to the sound of the convoy to hear anything out of the ordinary. Not sure if you want me to roll something other than perception, but here are my two checks.

Visual:
Checking out the convoy: 16d6t5 5

Listening check:
Checking out the convoy: 14d6t5 2

Well, that listening roll was unfortunate.

Here's my character sheet that I will update as the game goes on. Added a little information about contacts and such.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CLcVuw6LXk-UvCL7NZfvaGOdUsO1wQYv-KHsvAM-kKk/edit?usp=sharing

I'll write up an IC post either later today or tomorrow.
« Last Edit: <09-08-14/1936:28> by 8-bit »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #58 on: <09-09-14/0754:05> »
So, I'm not sure of the best way to present the character, for now I will just link to a CHUM5 file in my Dropbox. If you would prefer it in some other format please let me know. And obviously if you find any issues, please holler.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33635/Leaflock.chum5
Holler!  :P 

I can't read chummer files, any chance you could copy and paste it here, or do a google doc or something?  Sorry to be a pain  :o

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #59 on: <09-09-14/0759:49> »
@CT:  Please could everyone make a ‘rolls’ post with at least 5 rolls of each of initiative, typical attack, ranged defence, melee defence, perception and surprise.  Plus any others you think might be really useful to have done ahead of time!  Please note the assumptions in calculating dice totals eg:

Initiative: Rea(9) + Int(4) + 2d6
13+2d6 → [13,1,5] = (19)

Surprise: Rea(9) + Int(4) [threshold 3]
13d6.hits(5) → [3,5,1,5,3,2,2,6,2,4,6,4,1] = (4)

Please list them in this format too if using Invisible Castle, that way I can add / take away D by wrapping the rolls around...

Can you then link the ‘rolls’ post with your character sheet for future reference so we don’t have to hunt for them again?

Thanks!