NEWS

Change blindness gathering thread

• 114 Replies

PatrolDeer

• Newb
« Reply #90 on: <09-17-19/1327:37> »
Might be, though Simple -> Minor makes a lot of sense too for non-attack actions. It's tricky.
It is tricky indeed, as the drone is making the action.
From the drones point of view. The processing power of understanding and executing the command is drones work not riggers. The command is executed in drones initiative round, via its number of actions . So why there would be difference in non-combat and combat command coming from a rigger. It is essentially a command.

From the riggers point of view. He/she has multiple bonuses for initiative dice, thus the number of actions, via VR cold/hot. So if a command is a major action, the expensive and high rating RCC is losing its value. Having 8 drones slaved will be quite hard to use in one encounter. That is 4 rounds of two major actions per round to get them in place.
Command drone as a Minor action makes more sense in this perspective as the rigger has multiple minor actions thanks to VR and can command more drones via his expensive, high rating RCC. Rigging in cold sim, +2d6 initiative dice, so 3 minor actions in total (base of 1 major and one minor + 2 minor for the number of initiative dice) the rigger can move 3 drones to area and he himself can take a major action. Than the drones come up one by one in the initiative round, spending their first action executing the command given by a rigger.

Could a command be move and shoot ? So the drone moves to a position of favourable range and than shoots the target ? Could we use a rule of thumb that a command should be similar to "send message" regarding complexity ?

We though about using a similar mechanic as multiple attacks Minor action, in this case multiple commands. But that is very much on the spot invention

Giabralter

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #91 on: <09-17-19/2223:50> »
Just Checking if I missed something. RAW, I can't shoot a single shot from a Pistol anymore (Light Pistol, Heavy Pistol). I can only fire two shots (SA) or 4 shots (BF).

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #92 on: <09-17-19/2335:21> »
You're absolutely right. Working theory is the stat writers missed the fact sa mode now doesn't allow a single round.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #93 on: <09-18-19/1238:58> »
Isn't there a caveat somewhere that all guns can shoot SS?  Sure I saw that somewhere...maybe the QSR??
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #94 on: <09-18-19/1251:52> »
Maybe. It doesn't seem present in CRB.

Giabralter

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #95 on: <09-18-19/1501:25> »
you'd have a weird issue adding SS firemode where it would then cost you a minor action to change between shooting 1 bullet and 2 bullets (Change Device Mode action).

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #96 on: <09-18-19/1622:17> »
Yup. So I vote 'allow 1 bullet'.

skalchemist

• Omae
« Reply #97 on: <09-19-19/1146:59> »
you'd have a weird issue adding SS firemode where it would then cost you a minor action to change between shooting 1 bullet and 2 bullets (Change Device Mode action).
You know, this had never really sunk in for me until you put it this way, Giabralter.  When put this way, it seems obvious to me that SA HAS to include the option for SS without a change in mode.  Like why the heck should it take ANY action to decide to just pull the trigger once instead of pulling the trigger twice? 

Assuming that is the case, the only weapons in the game that would need to be listed as SS would be guns that have very slow rates of fire (e.g. pump action shotgun?  Single action revolver?, bolt-action rifle, grenade launchers) or weapons that only have one "round" (single-shot missile launchers).  Everything else should be listed as SA (with the assumption it includes SS without the need of a mode change). 

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #98 on: <09-20-19/1024:33> »
Isn't there a caveat somewhere that all guns can shoot SS?  Sure I saw that somewhere...maybe the QSR??

Yes that caveat appeared in the QSR, can confirm! 

Giabralter

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #99 on: <09-22-19/1847:25> »
I'm missing the perception threshold table as mentioned in the perception skill. I assume it has drone sizes since the Optic X2 has 1 threshold higher than normal.

Quicksilver

• Newb
« Reply #100 on: <09-28-19/1400:21> »
I didn't found how reduce your OS. Just log out or something else?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #101 on: <09-28-19/1406:24> »
Good one! Added to the list. Jacking out or rebooting definitely would wipe away the debt and also all access you had at that point, but it's not made explicit as far as I can gather.

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #102 on: <10-01-19/2049:55> »
I think this would count as an example of Change Blindness:
Assumption: Racial Qualities do not cost Karma and do not count towards your quality cap of 6 total qualities.

However, it is not explicitly stated anywhere. You are assuming this because, well, the abilities of Elf's, Orks, Trolls, and Dwarves never cost any Karma or build points before.

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #103 on: <10-02-19/0050:59> »
Another case of Change Blindness:
Previous editions, there were specific tables telling the information about what the levels of a Contact's Connection and Loyalty meant.  Assumption is that these are the same as previous editions, as there is no set of tables or any sort of guidance in the SR6 Core book

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #104 on: <10-02-19/0305:57> »
While my opinion on racial qualities is clear, the amount of disagreement against it (even using balance statements while ignoring the unbalance of trolls otherwise) make it hard for me to present it here as a likely-fact. Wouldn't be a fair debate way. Wrong! Details in follow-up post!

In SR5, Loyalty only went to 6 iirc. Note that for Connection there's actually a rough indicator in the rules on p51, though it should indeed also be in the book later on. On the other hands, p211 explicitly mentions p51. The stats themselves are also used in rolls. You're right that they don't mention 'at loyalty X, will be willing to go this far for you'.

"Someone who is new in
town and just getting to know people would have
a 1; a gang leader might have a 4 or so; a mayor
or state politician might have a 6 or 7; a mid-level
exec in a multi-national corp might have a 9; famous
people who regularly show up in the news
sit at 11 and 12."
« Last Edit: <10-02-19/0312:36> by Michael Chandra »