NEWS

Petnomancers – A guide for 5th Edition Technomancers as a pet class

• 64 Replies

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #45 on: <03-20-15/0207:28> »
Also, Technomancers do have "Programs" they can use. Only we call the Drugs.

Nitro +2 Will/Fire wall, High Pain Tolerance 6
Novacoke +1 Cha/Attack HPT 1
Psyche +1 Intution/Sleeze +1logic/data process +1 Mental Limit
Zen +1 Will/Fire wall

If more drugs come that will help, you can "repogram" your brain deck with drugs :3
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Danny Montanny

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <03-20-15/0722:28> »
Nitro is a Technomancer's best friend on a hard hack. 2 more dice to resist Fade, as well as no negatives until you take 9 boxes on your monitor?  Yes please!

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #47 on: <03-20-15/1455:00> »
Nitro is a Technomancer's best friend on a hard hack. 2 more dice to resist Fade, as well as no negatives until you take 9 boxes on your monitor?  Yes please!

Um... after 10x1d6 minutes you take 9 boxes of stun damage and you are at -2 to all limits for the same 10x1d6 minutes.  Taking 9 unresisted points of damage is *rough*  hope you've got a medkit handy for that, and someone else doing it as you'll have a -2 limit (and the -3 to your die roll from the damage).
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Nartaki Post

• Newb
« Reply #48 on: <03-22-15/2108:46> »
Triskavanski brings up an interesting point on teamwork with the surgery example.  While the main surgeon is working, assistants are passing tool, clamping veins and arteries, and providing suction so the surgeon can see what they are doing.  In fact, many surgeons would say their work is impossible with out the assistants of good nurses.  However, instead of claiming team work, another way to look at this is it's the minimum requirement to avoiding penalties.  The surgeon isn't getting a team work bonus from assistants, they are avoiding poor condition penalties because a properly staffed surgery theatre is part of what the rules consider adequate tools for the job.  A street doc may have all the best equipment, but still suffer a penalty because they don't have trained staff to help them out.

Another example of people doing different tasks to achieve the same goal, would be a group of mechanics working together to restore a car.  One person could be working the engine block, a second working on the suspension and breaks, while a third works on the chassis.  If just one person is working alone, they don't have a penalty, they just take more time (more hits needed for the extended test).  Even then I don't like the idea of this being team work, three people should get the job done three times faster, not a bit faster.  In this scenario, I would probably just let all the mechanics roll, and total all the hits towards the extended action.

As for giving TM's a sly boost so they compare to deckers, I disagree, TM's need a rules rewrite so they don't need sly boost to be even.

Nartaki posting on the forums

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #49 on: <03-22-15/2315:34> »
Perhaps the same could be said of All teamwork checks then?

If doing a masterful surgery with the lead surgeon requires people just to avoid penalties rather than being a teamwork test to put the patient together, Or a bunch of people working on a car is just separate work tests, Perhaps then there isn't ever anything that is truely a teamwork test, but rather everything is just a race to the finish or avoiding penalties?

Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #50 on: <03-23-15/0902:06> »
interesting Thread .
If I'm ever gonna play a TM I'll use some Ideas from here :)

HokaHey
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #51 on: <03-23-15/1430:10> »

As for giving TM's a sly boost so they compare to deckers, I disagree, TM's need a rules rewrite so they don't need sly boost to be even.

Not likely going to see a complete re-write.  And I don't know about "sly boost".  This is simply maximizing and managing a common RAI interpretation.  Nothing sneaking going on, its going to be real obvious what a TM is doing here.

I suspect most GMs wouldn't bat an eye at Sprites using the teamwork rules.  Some GMs will react to a Technomancer taking half an hour every play session to micro manage down time, and suddenly rolling several times to resolve each test, ect, ect.  It's why I recommended talking it over with the GM first.

szvitch

• Newb
« Reply #52 on: <03-25-15/1305:15> »

Qualities: 

Focused Concentration of level 1.  Just take it, you'll need it later.  Consider it required.
Trust Fund.  You've got E Resources, but still want to live indoors?  Trust Fund if it fits your concept. 

Lots of other positive qualities are tempting but likely your Karma is better spent elsewhere, especially if you're a Metahuman. 

Negative qualities:  In Debt of 2 to 4 levels is fine.  Gets you that Runner Starting kit, and you're not doing much with your cash after.  Its better than burning starting Karma on cash.  Codeblock Set Databomb is an easy one.  Hide is funny (you'll see why later).  Its pretty easy points if you're struggling to come up with something. 

Is Trust Fund, In Dept, and Hide only in 4th edition?

I can't seem to find them in the 5th edition rulebook.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #53 on: <03-25-15/1342:34> »
Hide is a Matrix action from the core book (p. 240).  The other two are qualities from Run Faster.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

PauloAM

• Chummer
« Reply #54 on: <07-07-15/1652:19> »
Excuse me,

Is there evidence on the book that supports the fact I can put a Sprite on "autopilot" to "Use Diagnostics on me whenever this or that happens" ? I understood that it would be a pain in the ass to spend a Simple Action to make it use the power. As I see it, it would be like the Sprite "delays" an Action with that specific trigger. The Sprite would use up a Task whenever the triggger occurred. I'm a newb GM and want to know if most GMs accept that.
Also, the text on Diagnostics states that "the bonus lasts until the sprite drops it or does something else" so...what is the maximum amount of time that this "buff" can be maintained?

Sorry if this was already answered  :P

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #55 on: <07-07-15/2105:20> »
Depends on the GM.  There isn't a specific ruling that says you can order a Sprite to delay.  Sprites are intelligent critters so they'd understand the command.

Machine Sprites use Diagnostics until you give them another order.  RAW, forever, so up to the GM.

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #56 on: <07-08-15/1335:40> »
Depends on the GM.  There isn't a specific ruling that says you can order a Sprite to delay.  Sprites are intelligent critters so they'd understand the command.

Machine Sprites use Diagnostics until you give them another order.  RAW, forever, so up to the GM.

This is contradicted by Core Rulebook (Second Printing) p. 254:

Sprites are a lot like agents, obedient and semi-autonomous but not very bright.
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

Whiskeyjack

• Prime Runner
« Reply #57 on: <07-08-15/1940:26> »
Sprites are most compatible to Spirits. You certainly can issue a general or conditional order to a spirit.

All your quote means is that the Sprite is not super imaginative.
Playability > verisimilitude.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #58 on: <07-08-15/2114:30> »

This is contradicted by Core Rulebook (Second Printing) p. 254:

Sprites are a lot like agents, obedient and semi-autonomous but not very bright.

This is mostly to minimize some of the micromanaging of the Sprites.  If the GM wants to hear the magic words each and every time, you say the magic words each and every time.  If time is tight then you're going to have some action economy issues if the GM wants you to burn an action for every Sprite assistance check.  Check with your GM how they want to handle it so you're not surprised. 

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #59 on: <07-09-15/0113:57> »
Given that it would be laughably simple to write a script to do this I can't imagine sprites would have any issue doing it.
« Last Edit: <07-09-15/0118:47> by Marcus »
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking