NEWS

Maritime runs

• 6 Replies

Alrician

• Newb
« on: <03-17-22/0653:06> »
Anyone know of some well-crafted maritime runs or adventures? So pirate stuff, hijackings, oil platforms, undersea laboratories etc.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #1 on: <03-17-22/1448:42> »
If you are looking for ideas, the 3e book Cyberpirates might be a good start. Lots of naval stuff, info on the Carib League...
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-17-22/1517:55> »
Reaver ninja'd me while I was writing this.

I think Cyberpirates was technically a 2E product because it came out in 1997 under FASA. 3E launched in 1998 under WizKids.

Aside from that technicality, Cyberpirates has a ton of information about pirate campaigns. It focuses on the Caribbean, the Philippines, and the Ivory Coast. It has gear and watercraft relevant to campaigns in those settings. I used it when I had my runners hop through Jamaica on their way to Aztlan.

That said, it does not have a pre-built adventure. It has lots of plot hooks, but not actual runs. Still, it's where I would start for things related to maritime activity.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-18-22/0258:00> »
The series Black Lagoon could perhaps serve as inspiration.

Alrician

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <03-21-22/1320:11> »
Thanks for the information. I'm more looking for material that has been developed furhter, i.e. floor plans and such.

Is there a floor plan or layout for an Arkoblock in this source? So a maritime arcology? And/or an underwater laboratory?

Robert

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <03-26-22/1106:29> »
Try the free "Quick and Dirty" adventure "Trident".
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/265128/Shadowrun5-SchnellDreckig--Trident

Its German, but you may be able to use the floor plan and a Google Translate of the text.

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <03-28-22/1415:39> »
You might take a look at SR:Missions:Free Taiwan

It's from 20th Anniversary Edition -- revolves around a container ship - and it has a map!  ;)

And I think it's free....  8)