NEWS

Scariest Gun Contest!

• 78 Replies

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #45 on: <09-25-10/1012:58> »
I had a weird idea.  A smartgun, Pilot upgraded, Taurus Light Guass Cannon with the flying upgrade.  Just a weird one.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #46 on: <09-25-10/1829:24> »
I had a weird idea.  A smartgun, Pilot upgraded, Taurus Light Guass Cannon with the flying upgrade.  Just a weird one.
Can you mod vehicle weapons and if you can wouldn't still need to be attached to a vehicle to work?
"An it harm none, do what you will"

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #47 on: <09-26-10/0925:06> »
Like I said, weird idea.

Nothing says a vehicle weapon can't be modded.  And the Pilot Upgrade and Flying mod makes it a drone...with an insanely large gun.
There is no overkill.

Mach

• Newb
« Reply #48 on: <09-26-10/2105:01> »
well if you got it to fly, I'm not certain it would be functional past one shot (no weight to counter recoil). It would fire and end up smashing against any nearby wall. I would however simply put the gun on a four legged walker with gecko pods, but I think that's against the rules of this competition.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #49 on: <09-27-10/0538:02> »
Nothing says a vehicle weapon can't be modded.  And the Pilot Upgrade and Flying mod makes it a drone...with an insanely large gun.
That might make it an drone itself, but i dont' see how that gets you around the fact that vehicle weapons need to be installed into a vehicle.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #50 on: <09-27-10/0814:49> »
And assault rifles need to be held to be fired.  We've already gotten around that with smartlink+Pilot upgrade+mobility.  Just build a sheet metal casing around it if it bothers you so much.
There is no overkill.

Raventrickster

• Newb
« Reply #51 on: <10-11-10/2203:20> »
Where the heck would it get enough power to fire?  Even the Taurus needs a ton of power, the vehicle mounting it usually provides it, on it's own there's just no way it would have the power requirements.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #52 on: <10-12-10/0722:08> »
They have their own power supply provided if they are not hooked up to a power plant for continuous charging.  The number of power points is listed with the weapons for just such an occurance.
There is no overkill.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #53 on: <02-23-11/0056:06> »
A stock Ares Predator I, first production run.  Serial number in the early hundreds (Before it was lasered off).  Held in the hands of someone who bought it the first day it was released to the public, and has used it as a Shadowrunner ever since.

OK, it might not be the pistol that's scary, more the person holding it, but still...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #54 on: <02-23-11/0059:52> »
A stock Ares Predator I, first production run.  Serial number in the early hundreds (Before it was lasered off).  Held in the hands of someone who bought it the first day it was released to the public, and has used it as a Shadowrunner ever since.

OK, it might not be the pistol that's scary, more the person holding it, but still...

Nice
But I didn't know he was a DRAGON!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #55 on: <02-23-11/0106:57> »
The rule I've always gone by:  It's never the equipment, it's the heart behind it that matters.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #56 on: <02-23-11/0344:08> »
2 Panther XXL's duct taped together with the triggers wired together.

(Redneck Troll Modification #45) ;)
That sounds very similar to the Remington 1740...

Morg

« Reply #57 on: <02-23-11/0803:35> »
Ares S-III Super Squirt with Smartlink a chemical cocktail of Nova Scorpion Venom Inside of Carcerand-plus , Shrikes 6 cutter nanites, Surtr 6 nanites, Gremlin 6 Nanites, Taggant RFID Markers 6 & Armor Debonder 12
and because it is all nanos you can set the order of effect with your comlink
I used it on my PCs once...
« Last Edit: <02-23-11/0827:08> by Morg »

Henker

• Newb
  • Mystic Adept
« Reply #58 on: <02-23-11/1033:40> »
IMO the ITS Gonryu full automatic grenade launcher, with smartlink and  mounted on gyrstobilisator, and loaded with gecko grenade is really scary if you make a Hit with the burst....

I imagine you poor target, with 6 to 10 grenades stick on him.... the fun is that changing the kind of grenade you use allow you to discover new fatality on each adventures. :)
Eighth and final rule: if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #59 on: <02-23-11/1832:28> »
IMO the ITS Gonryu full automatic grenade launcher, with smartlink and  mounted on gyrstobilisator, and loaded with gecko grenade is really scary if you make a Hit with the burst....

I imagine you poor target, with 6 to 10 grenades stick on him.... the fun is that changing the kind of grenade you use allow you to discover new fatality on each adventures. :)
Add in the MRSI system and stack two short bursts in a single Combat phase :)
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law