NEWS

My most favoritest gun

• 79 Replies

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #45 on: <01-24-19/0854:28> »
So given that we now have 2 qualities that can be used to enhance your favorite firearm, what's your best resulting gun?  What else do you put on it? Do you want your gun to talk to you, like the old intelligent weapons of D&D? Maybe you just want accuracy 12 so you can take advantage of that pistol pool of 36 with spending edge? Maybe its just MAD immune everyone old favorite the plastic glock? Maybe its that pistol with the blade build in b/c ff10 will forever dictate your destiny?
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <01-24-19/1124:31> »
Hands down: auto assault shotgun with native ap -5
Bulls Eye Burst and apds to take down things with hardened armor and switch with a free action to flechette for a super suppression fire.

Accept no substitutes
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #47 on: <01-24-19/1928:30> »
...for myself it is the aforementioned Auto Assault 16 with the 32 round drum and base 16DV and AP -3 (Handload EXEX), Internal Smartlink and personalised grip to give an ACC of 8 (+1 for an Adept power).  She has effectively done the "chunky salsa" effect on bad guys with a full auto burst.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #48 on: <01-24-19/2105:15> »
I will see your shotguns, and raise you a Desert Strike. Internal Smartlink, Silencer, and Bipod, and the de rigeur APDS, plus personalized grip, for a base 13P with -8AP, Accuracy of 10, and that's before the bull's eye burst. I have removed heads through armored glass.
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #49 on: <01-24-19/2107:33> »
Hammerli Gemini.  Legal with license, concealable enough for any Gunbunny, affordable to boot.  11P (with a Complex Action) -3 AP +1 Concealability, Acc up to 8 w/ Personalized Grip and Smartlink.  1500 Nuyen with Smartlink and Grip, plus whatever you spend on Recoil comp and other bells and whistles. 

Or the HK Urban Combat.  No License, but MAD Proof so who cares.  Mind you "Can't accept further Modifications" and "Special Modifications" are kinda contra indicated   :P  RAW it theoretically works as Special Modifications is a quality but YMMV.

I wouldn't go with an unconcealable and Illegal weapon for my Special Modification quality.  One or the other I can work with.

TeOdio

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #50 on: <01-24-19/2305:13> »
Since 4th Ed, I love the Praetor. 50 round mag, bull pup design, built in recoil comp, all three fire modes. Hot, Hot, Hot!

adzling

« Reply #51 on: <01-24-19/2329:56> »
Fichetti Executive Action.

“Manage your danger with Executive Action!”

Light pistol that can Burst Fire and a default ammo capacity of 18 makes it a highly concealable auto-fire weapon that uses the pistol skill.

Base Accuracy of 6, 9 with smartlink and custom grip.

Base 7p damage is better than most machine pistols.

Cheap (only costs $1800 nuyen for rating 6 ceramic components to make it madproof).

Legal.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #52 on: <01-25-19/0014:36> »
..."legal"? 

Pardner, stayin' legal in the CZ is a good way to get yerself geeked or be pressed into joinin' a hive.  When those buggers start a crawlin' outta their holes, you need to throw a powerful bunch o' hurt their way to kill them dead before they kill you, or worse.  Shoot, I've even even seen this lil' gal going about in that there fancy military armour with a flamethrower slung over one shoulder a Raiden over the other - loaded with extra extra extra explodin' rounds in it like use in my shotgun -, and totin' a double barrel rocket launcher to boot.  Now that's how you deal with the threats we have here.
« Last Edit: <01-25-19/0337:18> by kyoto kid »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #53 on: <01-25-19/0115:25> »
Fichetti Executive Action:  “Manage your danger with Executive Action!”
I'm quite proud of that tagline.  Thank you.   ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #54 on: <01-25-19/0335:25> »
...cool.

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #55 on: <01-25-19/1207:33> »
So given that we now have 2 qualities that can be used to enhance your favorite firearm, what's your best resulting gun?
Wait, we do now?
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #56 on: <01-25-19/1236:00> »
Better than Bad p.161
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adzling

« Reply #57 on: <01-25-19/1432:48> »
No THANK YOU!

I love the Fichetti E.A.

It's my social infiltrator's weapon of choice and modded to hell and back.

He wears two in dual forearm slides.

Picture or it didn't happen!:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kphx2melmw4fylw/tog_loadout.jpg?dl=0

Fichetti Executive Action:  “Manage your danger with Executive Action!”
I'm quite proud of that tagline.  Thank you.   ;D

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #58 on: <01-25-19/1716:38> »
Better than Bad p.161
...don't have that yet.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #59 on: <01-25-19/1751:19> »
He’s referring to Special Modifications and Prototype Materials which allows you to change any weapon statistic, including damage type twice, actually three times if you have both qualities.
Each quality costs 5 karma at creation so for a total of 15 karma you can add up 3 damage, 6 accuracy, 400% ammo, 6 reach, -6 concealability etc.

Not sure if that’s worth it or even the 30 karma it would cost later
« Last Edit: <01-25-19/1759:32> by PiXeL01 »
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?