Catalyst Game Labs > Errata

{SR6] No Future

<< < (2/6) > >>

markelphoenix:
wait...so stolen gear:
1) Gives you karma
2) allows you to spend upto 15 karma to get 150k worth of gear
3) Taking all 20 points of karma nets you 150k Nguyen gear + 5karma to spend?

Is that correct?

What does that do to normal karma to nuyen conversion after that 15? is it 1 to 2k or 1 to 5k?

God that quality is a mess...

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:

--- Quote from: markelphoenix on ---wait...so stolen gear:
1) Gives you karma
2) allows you to spend upto 15 karma to get 150k worth of gear
3) Taking all 20 points of karma nets you 150k Nguyen gear + 5karma to spend?

Is that correct?
--- End quote ---

By my understanding, yes.  As explained above, my understanding is hardly the only way to interpret the rules as-is.  It's still an imperfect interpretation, because under that reading, it's impossible to spend 16-20 karma and qualify for the last category of bounty hunting victimhood.  So clearly something is off.

--- Quote ---What does that do to normal karma to nuyen conversion after that 15? is it 1 to 2k or 1 to 5k?
--- End quote ---

By my understanding, the existence of the cap means there is no more karma to nuyen conversion after 150,000.

--- Quote ---God that quality is a mess...

--- End quote ---

Agreed.  It needs something to fix it, whether you read it my way or any other way.  Balance-wise, I have my hopes that the karma imbalance between this and In Debt (which gives 0 karma...) can also be addressed.

Sir Ludwig:

Short Term:
I get the math and how it looks broke.  However, if you use Markelphoenix post that SSDR just referenced. 

Long Term:
Every other game the player would have a Hunted Event.  I don't know about you, but I would assume for 100k (Typical bounty per Stolen Gear Table) you are going to get a series team/group to come after the player.  I would also expect a team of that level not to do it when they are fully healed, but maybe after another big fight.... or during. 

If that were the case, that 150k in gear may not be worth fighting or the team may decided the player isn't worth the extra heat.

To buy it down the player would also have to pay 2x original Karma. Assuming 5 Karma a game, that is going to take 6 games AND 3 Hunter Events.  Additionally, that Character is now 30 Karma behind other players. 

Just my thoughts,
SL

Robert:
Thank you for all the comments and explanations. I will adjust Genesis to relect them as far as possible (or ask Taranion to do those things I cannot achieve  :) )

On D) I propose Skate Boards to be Close Combat, not Exotic  ;)

On E) Are Autosofts supposed to be addable to vehicles? The rule book only talks about Autosoft in the context of drones. If they can be added to vehicles, is that possible to any vehicle (even without pilot rating like the "Berlin 2080" cars) or does it need minimum Pilot 1 or does that vehicle have to have rigger interface installed first?

And one additional question: What is the blast range of a Molotov Cocktail? 6 Meter?

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:

--- Quote from: Robert on ---...
On E) Are Autosofts supposed to be addable to vehicles? The rule book only talks about Autosoft in the context of drones. If they can be added to vehicles, is that possible to any vehicle (even without pilot rating like the "Berlin 2080" cars) or does it need minimum Pilot 1 or does that vehicle have to have rigger interface installed first?
--- End quote ---

Drones and Vehicles have all the same rules with the following exceptions:

Drones don't (can't!) have passengers
Drones always come with rigger adaptation for free.

Other than that... drones = vehicles, as far as the rules are concerned.  An unmanned vehicle remotely controlled or jumped in is just a big drone.

--- Quote ---And one additional question: What is the blast range of a Molotov Cocktail? 6 Meter?

--- End quote ---

In all probability, the absence of a Blast range is due to the writers not having access to the final/full 6WE rulebook when they made No Future.

That being said, I don't see a reason it really HAS to have a blast range. It's not a commercially made explosive afterall... in my opinion it works to say the absence of a Blast range works for these weapons. A 5 meter radius is already pretty generous for a bottle full of gasoline. If >5m distance renders you immune to a molotov cocktail, it wouldn't be a bad thing for game design...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version