NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

RuleLawyer

• Newb
« Reply #615 on: <05-12-18/2037:28> »
First off, I love Chummer. Thanks. Keep up the good work.

I'm trying to get my character sheet to reflect the benefits of Quickened Increase Attribute and Quickened Increase Reflexes spells. I don't know the "proper" way, But here is what I tried and I like the result. (If you know a better way, let me know.)

I used the Directions for Custom Data Files (https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/wiki/Custom-Data-Files) and created fake Cyberware with 0 essence loss that gave the same benefits as the Quickened spells. I can choose a Rating when I "purchase" the fake cyberware to reflect the number of hits when the increase spell was cast. The Racial Maximum Attribute Limits appear to be properly applied, Dice Pools for skills show the appropriate adjustment, and my character gets the right number of additional boxes on his condition monitor.  I'm real happy.

Here's the custom_quickenedspells_cyberware.xml data file I used for Increase Body and Increase Reflexes. The other Increase [Attribute] spells are just like Increase Body but with a different ID for each one.
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<chummer>
  <cyberwares>
    <cyberware>
      <id>edfd91df-5b5e-41f4-806a-cf919ffce220</id>
      <name>Quicken Increase Body</name>
      <category>Bodyware</category>
      <ess>0</ess>
      <capacity>0</capacity>
      <avail>2</avail>
      <cost>0</cost>
      <source>SR5</source>
      <page>288</page>
      <bonus>
        <specificattribute>
          <name precedence="0">BOD</name>
          <val>Rating</val>
        </specificattribute>
      </bonus>
      <minrating>1</minrating>
      <rating>9</rating>
    </cyberware>
    <cyberware>
      <id>f55c363b-699c-48cf-8077-73c51166c54a</id>
      <name>Quicken Increase Reflexes</name>
      <category>Bodyware</category>
      <ess>0</ess>
      <capacity>0</capacity>
      <avail>2</avail>
      <cost>0</cost>
      <source>SR5</source>
      <page>288</page>
      <bonus>
        <initiative precedence="0">Rating</initiative>
        <initiativepass precedence="0">FixedValues(0,1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4)</initiativepass>
      </bonus>
      <minrating>1</minrating>
      <rating>9</rating>
    </cyberware>
  </cyberwares>
</chummer>

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #616 on: <05-14-18/1702:35> »
...interesting situation.  Using ver .198, when I attempted to buy off a negative quality in Career Mode it credited the character with double the Karma value instead of deducting the proper amount from the good Karma total.

Not sure how to fix this one on my own.

OK messed around a bit and found changing the value to a positive number worked (without messing anything else up). This still needs a fix so it uses the "absolute value" of the quality.
« Last Edit: <05-15-18/1652:34> by kyoto kid »
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #617 on: <05-15-18/2259:14> »
That issue was resolved in 5.199, kyoto kid. To resolve it on your own, best bet would be to just deduct the appropriate amount of karma through the karma&nuyen tab.

@Rulelawyer: Pretty much the best way you could have done it with existing code functionality, yes. You'd run into issues with degrading the rating if it came to it, but it's not a huge issue in and of itself.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #618 on: <05-16-18/2214:29> »
...mentioned I found another way around that.  Staying with .198 as I keep running into difficulties opening older characters in newer versions. 

On another matter, when I tired to set up an Injector Pen on a Medusa Extension Drone (as mentioned in "Cutting Aces" P. 147) with a light weapon mount (as it wouldn't add a weapon without one) the Injector Pen doesn't show up in the available selection of weapons.  Is this something I need to do through Custom Gear?
« Last Edit: <05-16-18/2216:42> by kyoto kid »

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #619 on: <05-16-18/2242:35> »
Exotic melee weapon, not included as a viable weapon type in any of the mount categories.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #620 on: <05-16-18/2253:59> »
...OK so mounts are only for weapons that "shoot".

The Medusa Extensions are a bit different than most drones  as they can slither and writhe to attack so then I'll just add it via "Custom Gear"

So that also means if I want to add say a couple Monofilament chain saws to the front of a vehicle to mow through ghouls, the "custom gear" selection would be the way to do so.well.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #621 on: <05-18-18/0205:17> »
It looks like something broke with gear locations in the 13 build.
When I load my char all my gear is outside of the locations and the locations are there, but they display as blanks.
Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #622 on: <05-18-18/0209:09> »
Oh boo, I thought I fixed that. can you send me a copy of the file? chummer5isalive@gmail.com

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #623 on: <05-18-18/0248:54> »
Plus I can't seem to delete locations either

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #624 on: <05-19-18/0146:27> »
There is an issue with Fake IDs.
When you add one it automatically adds it under the piece of gear you currently have selected. Shouldn't it need to be added as a plugin?
Also, if you then try to delete it, Chummer crashes.

cotilla

• Newb
« Reply #625 on: <05-19-18/1524:30> »
I was looking at the traditions in Version 5.200.7 and I saw that there's not a Druid version that uses charisma.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #626 on: <05-20-18/0214:55> »
Just downloaded version 14 and noticed the bug is back that when you reload a mage they have no Magic Stat.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #627 on: <05-20-18/1104:10> »
Can't replicate the issue with the MAG attribute going missing.
Location deletion should have been fixed in the latest build along with the previous issue with locations not being stored properly.
As for the druid tradition, I'm honestly acting on the assumption that they screwed it up again, but it's more likely that I just overlooked it originally. Since there's no actual different name for it I'm a bit stymied about what to do.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #628 on: <05-20-18/1430:15> »
That's so crazy. I tried it multiple times last night and it happened.
And now I retried it today and it is fine on all chars. Odd. Very odd.

However.. you may need to check increasing MAG attribute with Karma. It is charging me 1 point to raise my char from 4 to 5 and 5 points for another to go from 5 to 6. These characters both have cyberware reducing their MAG attribute and then are Initiated.
EDIT: This appears to be from the House Rule option to treat metatype minimums as 1 for purposes of determining Karma cost.

Also, there seems to be an issue adding Metamagics under Initiation.
Most of them can't be added, and if you uncheck "Show only Metamagic I can take" and try to add something like "Masking" it will say "You do not meet the requirements for this Metamagic" and the reason is it says you need "Masking (Art)".
It says something like this for Metamagic you try to take.
« Last Edit: <05-20-18/1639:14> by Overbyte »

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #629 on: <05-21-18/1332:32> »
Also, the bug remains that if you try to delete a piece of gear that is a plugin, Chummer crashes.