NEWS

Working our way through SM 6-01 10-57

• 125 Replies

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #30 on: <10-07-15/1241:03> »
Alf lets out a low whistle and comments “Certainly NOT targets of opportunity!  Someone brought their can-opener to take people out of this militia-fort.  Who knows what damn-fool booby-traps the families might have hidden around, so please be careful where you walk—I hate pulling rusty nails out of people.  One of the women was a magician, so there could still be magical dangers as well, and I really don’t want to deal with drowning or burns or whatever.  I guess you all know your jobs, so I’ll stop nagging, and go do mine – checking for signs of life and astral sweep.  I’ll let you know what I find.

--ooc-- I assume that before heading off, the team set up a communications channel --ooc--

First off Alf will astrally project and do a check of the lot and of the two car garage (where we may want to park).  Wards, spirits, background count….?

[spoiler]
Assensing 3 + Intuitiong (currently 7, unless a background count has knocked out his sustained spell?) = 10 dice.  Get 4 successes http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4882922/ [/spoiler]

Barring dangers found in the Astral overview, or visible wards that would make the following pointless, Alf will then want to cast detect life twice:  first covering the stinking, detached, garage, and second from wherever he can best cover the house itself.  I’m going to give you the rolls now while I have time (yay for lunch break!), but ignore this whole section if the astral overview gives something remarkable, or if there is a background count (background count changes all the rolls)

[spoiler]Spell 1: force 5, 11 dice: 5 hits http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4882925/
   Drain: 12 dice vs drain of 3: 5 hits http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4882926/  (no drain)

Spell 2: force 6 (for more area), 11 dice:  6 hits http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4882928/
   Drain: 12 dice vs drain of 4: 5 hits http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4882931/ (no drain)

(I’m getting worried about all the good rolls ImaginaryCastle is throwing my way, always makes me nervous when I get good roles on the less critical stuff …. #gamerdicesuperstitions )[/spoiler]

Those successes should give a pretty detailed summary of life forms in those areas, but I don’t have the book in front of me to list the level of detail those success levels would show.  Alf will pass along what he learns to the rest of the team.

ETA:  I just rr-read detect life, and detection spells in general, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't using it right ... But I'm also pretty sure I don't really understand how it works.  It seems to be focused on Alf, and can move with him, so should only need one cast.  And it looks like anything in the area resists with willpower plus logic but exactly how that matches up with the chart on page 286 I'm not sure about (maybe the NPC all rolled the same?). It seemed like a logical spell for paramedic-ish character, but I've not seen it used before.
« Last Edit: <10-07-15/2101:56> by Beta »

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #31 on: <10-07-15/1738:33> »
Derren stares at the house for a second, admiring all the security features before gipping at the smell of the garage as he walked over to it, unclipping the microskimmer from its belt pouch. He slipped it through the gap under the garage door and powered it up on his Commlink, grabbing the AR controls and taking a look around via the Sensor feed
[spoiler]
Perception test using ewar and sensor suite on drone (limit 3) using the olfactory sensor for picking up scents 9d6.hits(5)=3
Has low light and image enhancement on camera, separate roll for visual check due to higher dicepool and limit (4): 10d6.hits(5)=4[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Spitfire

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <10-08-15/1818:37> »
Spitfire pulled out her cyberdeck and ran a sweep seeing if there were any nodes inside the house.

[spoiler]

Matrix Perception

Rolling 12d6
( 2 + 6 + 4 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 6 + 3 + 4 ) = 52    -     6 successes not bad!

[/spoiler]

Red_Cap

• Newb
  • Sometimes, the dragon deals with you.
« Reply #33 on: <10-08-15/2254:32> »
Bastian considered grabbing his Ares Alpha, but that kind of firepower in the middle of the day and in a neighborhood like this seemed. . . well, suffice to say, he didn't want to see the Star getting called.  So he left that gecko-gripped to his Scorpion and instead settled for the Ingram Smartgun nestled under his arm.  He dismounted the bike and followed Derren up to the garage, wrinkling his nose a bit but otherwise just keeping a close eye out on the house for threats, mentally cycling his cybereyes through thermographic and normal vis just in case.

[spoiler]8d6=30

Rolled on: Oct. 8, 2015, 7:53 p.m.
8d6 → [1,5,1,2,6,4,6,5] = (30)

Four hits.  Not bad out of eight.

[/spoiler]

Edit: Forgot to edit the base settings for the die roller.  It's been a while.
« Last Edit: <10-08-15/2256:10> by Red_Cap »
Looking for a PBP or Roll20 game, SR 4 or 5.  I'm not picky.

Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <10-08-15/2309:09> »
Casing the joint, a play in four acts...

matrix
[spoiler]This place has all the trappings of a usual house via the matrix.  Except, you see that the houses (plural) have only one host that looks like a house with all the devices hidden by the collective firewall.  Want to play with it?[/spoiler]

Physical and magical
[spoiler]You don't see much beyond a house.  What you do notice is a group of gangers going door to door. Down the block you spot four women all wearing green and black leather jackets the tell tail colors of the Desolation Angels. The group consists of an ork, a troll, and elf and a human there has to be the makings of a joke in there somewhere but given the situation it might be best to not search to hard. [/spoiler]

Physical
[spoiler]You see two houses the mirror each other.  Nothing strange there, except that the yards both have security cameras, good ones too.  Both houses have a monofiliment tripwire right above stones in the walks, and the roofs both have murder holes in them.  This place is not stock off the builder lot.[/spoiler]

Astral
[spoiler]Something happened in the garage.  You're magic sight shows you death of may sorts.  The house is clean.  Something big, scary, and infected with HMVV was here by the hole it's left in the either here.  You've stared at some bad juju..[/spoiler]

Spitfire

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: <10-09-15/1943:43> »
Spitfire decides going into the node would be worth it, popping into VR she takes a stab at getting some marks.

[spoiler]

Rolling 12d6
( 3 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 6 + 6 + 1 + 6 + 6 + 4 + 4 + 5 ) = 49

Six in total, if I get a mark ill log in a see what I can find, let me know what I see!

[/spoiler]

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <10-09-15/2104:19> »
Alf slams back into his body where he can gag properly, then tells the rest of the team about the desecration in the small garage.

"I don't really want to, but we'd better look inside there.  If Spitfire can sweet talk us in that is great, otherwise I can put up a silence and fire up the chainsaw.  Either way I'm thinking we might want to get inside before those gangers get down here."

Then Alf takes a careful look and what locks need to get bypassed to get into the small garage.

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <10-13-15/0546:58> »
You look over the garage, and see it's a pretty simple maglock (lvl 3) that's most likely linked to the host.  Care to play with it?

Matrix
[spoiler]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4886577/ It get's 2 successes, and you easily mark the rating 6 host.  You drift into the host and find yourself inside a medieval castle.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <10-13-15/0556:51> by biotech66 »

Spitfire

• Newb
« Reply #38 on: <10-14-15/0136:53> »
Matrix

[spoiler]

Spitfire will approach and attempt to enter the castle with modicum of stealth. And try and find out what options she has in system, mostly security, camera's, and anything on storage relating to there disappearance.

For marks/questions for the host.

Rolling 12d6
( 4 + 4 + 5 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 6 + 2 + 5 + 2 + 5 + 1 ) = 43   Four Hits, limit is 6 btw for her deck.

[/spoiler]

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #39 on: <10-14-15/1027:57> »
OOC
[spoiler]i assume there wasn't a big enough gap around the garage door for me to slot the microdrone through? (the skimmer i put in is only the size of a can lid so should fit unless its been made airtight/weathertight[/spoiler]
Seeing the gangers going door-to-door raised an eyebrow. The places round here were pretty secure and its not like gangers were renowned for their friendly customer-service.
Derren unpacked the X2 from his backpack and unfolded its wings before placing it at the doors of the garage facing back towards the street. Thankfully, it only needed a very short runway and he eased it up into the air swiftly before gunning the throttle and gaining altitude.
He directed the directional mic at the gangers and set the audio feed to record and playback through his earbuds, doing his best to hear what it was they were saying
[spoiler]
Piloting from AR; test to takeoff and get into holding pattern above street:
pilot (AR)takeoff (12d6.hits(5)=8)
lol, think that'd do it! Limit is 5 so 3 hits wasted.
Audio percpetion test:audio perception: ewar 5(sensor array) + int 4 +1 cyber (10d6.hits(5)=5) limit is 4, hits the limit.
[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <10-14-15/1155:18> »
Alf dances from foot to foot for a bit while waiting to see if Spitfire can get the garage door open.  After a few seconds of that he's had enough waiting, but notices Berren getting a drone ready.  "Right, watch our perimeter and stuff."  He quickly sits down against the wheels of Berren's ride, and pops into the Astral plane.  With a thought he flies to roof height, then does a fly-by of the gangers to scope them out.

[spoiler] int 5+2, Asensing 3 = 10 dice.  3 successes http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4887542/ 

Should be enough for checking if any are awakened and most cyberware
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <10-14-15/1156:59> by Beta »

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <10-14-15/2252:00> »
Matrix
[spoiler]You easily walk into the castle.  It's a simple tower with archers lazing on the towers (attack ice isn't activated).  As you walk in a Page looks you over, but decides you belong here (patrol, it's active but you blow past it).   In the castle, you find a library with a large log book set on a table, a room with several handles all clearly marked as doors in the houses, and another room with several books on the walls.  Where would you like to investigate?[/spoiler]

Astral
[spoiler]You walk through the garage wall, and enter an area akin to a slaughterhouse with out the notion of food at the end.  The background count spikes to 3 as this place is a place of death.  No humans died here, but this place feels like if a mentally disturbed teen beat kittens with a hammer for fun.  The place is full of a dozen rotting dead chickens that have had their heads ripped off, but it was done one by one so each chicken got to see what was coming next.  This is not a nice place where some very bad things were done.[/spoiler]

Physical
---ooc--- you can send your drone into the garage or into the yard.  Sorry if I didn't catch that.--ooc--
[spoiler]It's clear that the Angels are doing reconnaissance.  They are definitely looking for someone or something.  They are not the nicest group out there, but they are also not breaking any laws or any heads.  They seem to be moving generally in your direction with an intent.  They haven caused any problems and seem quite peaceable.[/spoiler]

Spitfire

• Newb
« Reply #42 on: <10-15-15/0027:24> »
Deciding cracking the locks was the best course of action first, she steeped over and took a look. After that she would check the large book at the center of the library and finally the books on the shelf.

[spoiler]

Ill just roll for each one, and if something happens ill react, using sleaze naturally, don't want to set off the ice, limit is six.

Rolling 12d6
( 6 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 5 + 1 + 5 + 1 + 5 + 1 ) = 37    -      4 Successes

Rolling 12d6
( 4 + 6 + 6 + 4 + 6 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 1 ) = 43   -      3 Successes

Rolling 12d6
( 4 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 4 + 6 + 4 + 1 + 3 + 2 ) = 37    -     1 Success

Not to terrible, hopefully I don't alert the ice!

[/spoiler]

"lets see what we can find." she said to herself and approached the first door.

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <10-15-15/1031:23> »
Matrix
[spoiler]You enter the room with several handles.  They all look like exagerated handles for a simple matrix game of Dungeoncraft.  You pull the one marked Garage and the one marked yard.  You also see a program dressed like a guard monitoring a window the looks out over the traps in the front yard.  The patrol program/guard looks you over and
[10d6s5] = 5 and [2d6s5] = 0
The guard begins to get agitated and calls for an archer. --ooc--you are spotted! roll init when you hop in---ooc---
[/spoiler]

Physical
As you're standing around outside, the garage and the gate both buzz and the lights on them both change from red to bright green indicating they are open.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #44 on: <10-15-15/1111:21> »
Derren synced the Sensor feed from the SB-Microskimmer to the team's comms channel, broadcasting it for them to see.
Guys, check your AR feed, got a drone in there, should be able to see whats in without setting off any door alarms. Those gangers are looking for something, someone. Might be after the same thing as us and we don't have much time before they'll be asking questions. Anyone got any thoughts?
He wheeled and banked the X2 back around and put it down on the driveway gracefully before packing it away in his backpack again.
[spoiler]i wanted the skimmer inside the garage to check the smell. it has an olfactory sensor and low light mod for the camera so should be able to tell what the smell is and deal with poor lighting in there. i did a perception test in the earlier post, i'll do a fresh one if needed.
Pilot check for landing the X2: 12d6.hits(5)=2 2 hits, no problems.[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor