NEWS

Working our way through SM 6-01 10-57

• 125 Replies

biotech66

• Omae
« on: <09-22-15/2250:21> »
Here is the start to our time in Chicago.  Good luck!

What frager in their right mind would be ringing you at this ungodly hour, don’t they know Shadowruners work at night in the Shadows not 10 AM on a Monday morning. Looking down at the com code shows the prefix of the Star, the day just keeps getting better and better. Answering your link you see on the other end is a grizzled looking man who’s five o’clock shadow could pass for a billow pad and eyes so blood shot red you swear you saw less blood at the last brawl match.

Sorry to disturb your beauty sleep; but I have need of your services some of you may know me, for those of you who do not I am Detective Nick Ryder. I have an off the books job that should be right up your alley. Meet me at the Red Door bar off of Damen Ave in two hours.  We're set up for a conference call here, so say hi quick, then get your hoops in gear!
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #1 on: <09-23-15/1306:33> »
"Uh, hi, I guess.  You can call me Alf -- or Alpha if you'd like, but most people just call me Alf.  I guess I'm here to provide magical support and"  the spinning visuals and 'thunk' make it clear that a commlink has been dropped on the floor.  A moment later Alf's slightly rodent-like face  re-appears, peering into the commlink from excessively short range and moving about in a slightly dizzying fashion. "Sorry about that, but yah, I'll see you at the bar."

OOC

- Alf will also cast boost intuition five and sustain it with focused concentration (11 dice, limit 5, but augmented limit is +4, drain of 2 resisted with ten dice)
- Then he'll attempt to bring up a force three fire spirit, and will leave it with instructions to guard his shoddy little apartment against any intrusions.   (9 dice vs 4 from the spirit, limit 4, drain = 2x spirit successes resisted with 10+ however much his Int is up)
- He'll wear his armored jacket, because he's classy like that.  He'll pack his pockets with 25 reagents,  two shuriken, mage goggles, and his portable first aid kit.  "The Drekmobile" -- his janky micro-compact ride-- contains his tool kit, including lubricant and adhesive.

So far with unseen servant I've only gotten it to give me the total of a die role, not the individual results.  I'll take another look at it this evening, but if anyone has a die rolling site that they know works, I'l be happy to use it.  So not providing rolls for the above actions yet.

Character sheet attached in pdf form, hopefully readable.  Because these things aren't obvious from the final sheet, 50 karma spent as follows:
- 20 to focused concentration 5
- 19 to buying skills (including one skill group)
- 10 to buying spells
- 1 to extra nuyen

Spitfire

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-23-15/2210:20> »
Jumping a bit in her bed as the comlink rang, Spitfire fumbled for it, cursing how loud she had left its ringer on. After a few more rings and a precious few seconds to clear her vision she answered, waiting for Nick and Alf to finish before speaking. "I'm Spitfire, Decker" She gave a half hearted smile and waited for the others to introduce themselves.

Red_Cap

• Newb
  • Sometimes, the dragon deals with you.
« Reply #3 on: <09-26-15/1330:14> »
Bastian was already up when the call came in; he didn't sleep much these days.  He picked up the commlink and gave his most vicious, gap-toothed smile into the video pick-up.  His bright orange-red mohawk and facial hair -- "man-scaped" into what had been called a Burnside beard in earlier times -- combined with the angry leer and a not-insignificant number of scars to present a wholly unforgettable sight.

"Well hey.  Name's Bastian.  They call me a street samurai, though my official title is 'serial corp-slave murderer for hire,'" he said, adding a ridiculous eyebrow-waggle for emphasis.
Looking for a PBP or Roll20 game, SR 4 or 5.  I'm not picky.

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <09-27-15/2109:21> »
---ooc---poke to the top.  More people coming, and the game starting tomorrow.---ooc---

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #5 on: <09-29-15/0914:44> »
Derren wiped the muck off his hands and onto his coveralls as he tightened up the rear differential on his van.
Nothing was particularly wrong with it, but it'd been ages since he'd peered into it and made sure it was all working well. He shut down the AR how-to terminal and quickly reviewed the footage before uploading the footage and slid out from underneath the van.
The message popped into a private AR terminal and he called it forth mentally, reading the offer of work happily.
Morning all, Dezzie's the name. I'll bring the wheels and drones. Anyone need a lift to the meet?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <09-30-15/1122:07> »
The fixer looks of the avatars of the team, humphs, and then says Get moving!  Time is money for all of us.  Go meet Ryder and Dr. Martin at the Red Door pronto!

You all drop out of the matrix, and hitch a ride as you can to the crappy part of Chicago, and that's saying something.  The pungent odor of cheap Tobacco and stale synthahol accost your senses, even before you open the cracked door faded to the color of rust. Adjusting your vision to the fog of smoke you can’t help but notice a patchwork bar that looks like a good sneeze could send it tumbling. Still you appraise the value of the bar only slightly better than that of the liquor stock behind it. There you see your Mr. Johnson Detective Nick Ryder and a dark skinned individual If the runners have Dr. Martin Tate as a contact they will recognize him; Nick looks up, and motions for you to follow him to the back room. The room looks like it once housed a pool table but now all that remains if a cracked and crumbling slate surface. “Look I will make this simple; we have a problem, and since that problem is in the zone the brass don’t care much. We want to hire you to investigate the rash of missing persons and report back to us on your findings. We are prepared to offer you 6,000 ¥ each for a little old fashion gum shoe detective work. Let’s face it; the street is going to be more open to you asking questions then me and the boys, what say you?

Ryder's "friend" enters the conversation “While you ponder that let me sweeten the deal my college here in his zeal to get to the bottom of this issue lost his manners. For those of you who do not know me; I am Dr. Martin Tate, I run several clinics in the zone backed by Truman Technologies. One of my post op recovery houses was recently the target of these random acts, about 8 hours ago to be precise. If you can recover my patient, I can arrange for some of my stock to become available at a drastically discounted price. What say you to a little nip tuck in the form of one item Delta grade ware at standard ware prices installed by me of course?

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <09-30-15/2237:02> »
Ash is pretty happy with the cash on offer, being that he is pretty much broke.  He'd like to get an advance but is shy about challenging the offer.  And finally, he doesn't want to appear too much the amateur.  So he settles for "Hmmm, could be interesting -- what do you guys think?"

Then, after squirming for a couple of seconds he can't resist adding "Look, I'm a mage, I'm not big on the cyberwear.  But I have some experience in health care myself -- perhaps I could arrange something else instead, like medkit supplies or training?"

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <10-01-15/0927:12> »
The good doctor look at Ryder who shrugs.  Dr. Tate then says, "Tell you what, I'll trade your surgery for a good Crash Cart medical kit? Is that fair?"  --ooc--That will be a rating four med kit---ooc---

Ryder looks at the rest of you and says, "Now that that's done, how about the rest of you.  You taking this or what?"

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #9 on: <10-01-15/1147:43> »
sounds decent to me. Depends of course on what questions we're asking and who we have to ask? 6k a head means they're either awkward questions or nasty folk. Or both. Which is it?
« Last Edit: <10-02-15/1437:33> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <10-01-15/1813:05> »
The good doctor look at Ryder who shrugs.  Dr. Tate then says, "Tell you what, I'll trade your surgery for a good Crash Cart medical kit? Is that fair?"  --ooc--That will be a rating four med kit---ooc---

Ash bobs his head in acceptance

--ooc-- he already has a rating 3 and rating 6 kit, but more medi-kits never seem to be a bad thing!  Unrelated to this, I did just read the updated missions FAQ and if it is OK I'll do a minor character update to make use of one of the existing contact names (the Talismonger).  Also I think I bought the wrong adhesive (meant to take the one from the main book think I got the one from Run&Gun)--ooc--

Spitfire

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <10-01-15/2015:25> »
Looking to her cyberarm and thinking an upgrade would do nicely she returns her attention to Ryder and Tate. I could use some more chrome as always, I would love to get my hands on some delta grade. Count me in, but Ryder you know were going into the zone right? six thousand a piece just covers hazard pay there has got to be more you can spare for expenses.

[spoiler]
Rolling 7d6
( 6 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 6 + 2 + 6 ) = 27   Charisma 5 Negotion 2      3 hits not terrible not great, maybe we can get more cash :P
[/spoiler]

Red_Cap

• Newb
  • Sometimes, the dragon deals with you.
« Reply #12 on: <10-02-15/0038:32> »
Well.  Now that is tempting. . . the chrome that is.  Though I have to agree with my compatriot here that six grand is a little low. . .
Looking for a PBP or Roll20 game, SR 4 or 5.  I'm not picky.

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <10-03-15/1448:02> »
Ryder thinks about your offer for a moment, pounds down his drink, and say How about this, I'll throw 1000Y at the problem.  That seems fair.
[spoiler][8d6s5] = 2[/spoiler]

Now that it is settled the most recent disappearance came from a multi-family unit located at corner of West Diversey Ave & N. Milwaukee Ave. The two families that reside there have not been seen for over 24 hours. The Baretsons and the Stanishs where scheduled to attend a community block watch Sunday morning, they never showed up. We do not have a lot of information on them what we do have is here. “  Ryder then throws you an ARO full of data for you to look over at your convenience. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/odhpzlqsmknc1n6/AAB5QFst4HtmLYkjZhDcLZI6a?dl=0

Dr. Tate chimes in The patient you are looking for his name is Tom Cosek he just recently came on staff and as such had not settled in yet. You can access my clinic facilities with this pass key located at the corner of North Kimball Ave & W Fullerton Ave.  Dr. Tate invites you to make a host so you can assess the location via AR.

Ryder then looks at you all and says Ok, anything else or are you read to roll?

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <10-03-15/1757:10> »

Ryder then looks at you all and says Ok, anything else or are you read to roll?

"Ready to roll si .... chummer." Alf doesn't even care if anyone noticed he was about to say 'sir,' he is too excited to have a job to do.

To his new team mates he adds "Let's get close, then I can check the places out astrally -- just in case it was magic, and anyone was sloppy and left evidence."  Turning back to Dr. Tate he adds "errr, that is, if me checking your clinic out is allowable?  If it is, anything I need to watch out for?"

-- ooc --

Did anyone ever find a good dice rolling solution online, that shows individual die rolls? If not, Biotech, could you just roll for the things Alf did before coming to the meeting and let me know how they come out?  They were:
- Alf will also cast boost intuition five and sustain it with focused concentration (11 dice, limit 5, but augmented limit is +4, drain of 2 resisted with ten dice)
- Then he'll attempt to bring up a force three fire spirit, and will leave it with instructions to guard his shoddy little apartment against any intrusions.   (9 dice vs 4 from the spirit, limit 4, drain = 2x spirit successes resisted with 10+ however much his Int is up)

A quick note that Alf is willing to put boost initiative on others when the opportunity is good (like when we are looking for clues) when it makes sense.  Feel free to ask.

And finally, Biotech, did you have any particular spot you want character sheets?  I did post a link to Alf, but can mail it, put it elsewhere, etc.