NEWS

[ooc] Working out way through - London Falling

• 131 Replies

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <02-04-15/1131:56> »
So in the interest of maintaining flavor, or as my character would put it flavour I have a couple questions:

General:  Are all of our characters native to the UK?  If not, where are you from?  I know Mick is a Brummie, and Lovelace is from London proper.  That means although they both 'speak with an English accent' their speech patterns and accents are actually somewhat distinct from each other.
Fwiw, Lovelace normally speaks Estuary English with a touch of Cockney influence.  For those not familiar, London English is split into a continuum that goes Cockney <-- Estuary English --> Received Pronunciation, with the latter half being what you normally hear from documentary narration or the BBC.  Bit of a simplification but yeah.

@Triskavanski: Is Rocking Horse a common centaur or a lesser centaur? 

@Imveros: What color colour is Ted naturally?  Inquiring minds wish to know.

Ted is from San Dimas PCC where he grew up in a nature commune. He was always picked on for being disabled so he learned to be the funny guy/ class clown to get people to laugh with him and not at him. When he hit his early teens it was obvious he was no normal ork as his face started to discolor. His human parents told him it was just acne, but acne does not turn ones entire face florescent pink in an almost perfect V shape. The jokes and jibes turned to straight bullying so Ted ran away from home and into the PCC wilderness. Having almost no survival skills and a severe physical handicap, the wilds were not kind to him. After several days of wandering he heard a racket in the distance and found Bill tinkering with an old radio. Bill was so startled by Ted's arrival he jolted and accidentally fixed the old tech and it started blaring Runnin With The Devil, and Wyld Stallions was born

We knew the PCC music scene didn't appreciate our new (old) style of music so we hit the road and ended up in *Insert Sir Hiss' home town here* where we met sir his and inducted him into the band. He understood our pain and we used those feelings to make most righteous music. We tried the music scene in *Insert Sir Hiss' home town here* and found no success. After Bill did a little research we learned that all the best, most rockin bands, were discovered in jolly old England and here we are. The London metroplex hasn't delivered us fame and fortune like we hoped though and we've turned to the shadows. After all, shadowrunners get almost as many babes as rock stars right? Why not be both?!
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <02-04-15/2002:39> »
Bill also tends to take less of wet work jobs, as they're most heinous and instead focuses on things like kidnapping for example, or otherwise transporting personages of economical importance to places they need to go. Especially if they're babes who need to be saved from some royal ugly dude.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Citrate

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <02-05-15/0918:52> »
Caleb was born and raised in London, he has a faint cockney accent.

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <02-05-15/1449:17> »
I'm at a con this week, so my posts may be somewhat spotty.  I'm here but just a heads up
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <02-05-15/1713:44> »
fair enough boss man. Thanks for letting us know!
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #20 on: <02-06-15/1341:11> »
Ok so, negotiation failed. Let's just accept the job and move onto the next scene then
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <02-06-15/1514:14> »
I'm down for that, can excise my post if need be.

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <02-06-15/2104:19> »
Ok so, negotiation failed. Let's just accept the job and move onto the next scene then

well its going to be tough to move the next scene with the GM at a con this week. We could always do a slight flashback sequence of the group of us first sitting down before Arty got there. Or we could all have a personal flash back. Anything to keep us occupied while the bossman works his trade!

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <02-09-15/1300:01> »
Modified my last IC to reflect the "let's go with it" response.  Hope it's still coherent.

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <02-09-15/2248:16> »
im back!  At the con I got dragged into running a few more games that I signed up to do.  However, now let's dance!

Also,  I just used a random dice roller online for my side of the game.  Do you guys/gals want me to post my results too?
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <02-09-15/2303:17> »
im back!  At the con I got dragged into running a few more games that I signed up to do.  However, now let's dance!

Also,  I just used a random dice roller online for my side of the game.  Do you guys/gals want me to post my results too?

nah I've always been of the school of thought that a GM rolls the dice because he likes the sound they make  ;)

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <02-10-15/0345:41> »
Welcome back biotech66. 

Lovelace is reconfiguring (or preconfiguring I suppose) her cyberdeck.  ASDF = 2355, running Browser and Toolbox so final setup is 2365 with data search times being halved.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #27 on: <02-10-15/0401:14> »
That's the GM's call. I do in my games because i like everything to be open but most like to keep dice hidden in case of stray flukes that kill characters so they can fudge it lol
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Citrate

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <02-10-15/0409:05> »

Whatever works for you

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <02-10-15/0831:35> »
At the moment, I think Bill is the van basically. So yeah, travel by centaur.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules