NEWS

[5e IC] Where Angels Fear to Tread

• 66 Replies

Blazrath

• Chummer
  • I've yet to see a regular sword being hacked into.
« Reply #30 on: <08-29-14/2018:02> »
"She's rated to tow 'bout 30 tons on asphalt, but that don't mean shit out there. If you hold it 'round 15 to 20, you shouldn't have too many issues. Just means you ain't gunna get the big jobs. Past that, you got the basics for anything you may need to do to retrieve the vehicles if need be." The Dwarf would say, almost brushing off the personal questions. The first thing you would notice after opening the hood, which is anchored in the front and lifts from the back, is that the safety feature of it clicking into place on the cattle grid is nice so you don't get anything chopped off. The other thing you noticed is that she has had a heart transplant, the original engine chucked for a newer American Model. It makes sense given the history, but you guys know the truck was built for that type of engine and anything more powerful causes more wear and tear. Tit for tat.

"As you can probably see, you've got a better engine under the hood. The Cattle Gaurd is there to protect the radiator from things you may wish to smash into or gunshots. The slabs on the sides are for the suicidal to put their bikes up in case of mana storm or cause they broke something. She'll fit six uncomfortable, which helps you guys little. Up here is the driver seat." Jeremiah would say, going to the right side of the vehicle to get to the driver's side to open the door. Clearly this vehicle was made for Aussies. "You've got yer manual control when you need to be fully aware and the ability to jack in if need be. Unfertunately, she's not as new as you would wish with the fact that the Jack only works on runnin' the vehicle. Tow Operation and Gun control have to be manual. With the gun control, the gunner or driver just flips this switch." He would do so and a latch would open to cover behind the gun. "And this one.." He would say, reaching out from the seat almost falling. After he hit it, the passenger seat slides back and cranks itself up so the gunner is sitting down while shooting. "We've found that shooters are happier to sit instead of standin' while shootin'. While it can be a little cozy, there are no shocks up there so you feel every bump she feels, so if you stay up there too long she will ride ya rough. As for the gun, its a light machine gun with a decent caliber, very common on this island so ammo is not that hard. The grip holds two sets of buttons. The ones that you grip with yer hands move the turret system that way with full coverage and the ones yer thumb cover are fer shootin'. Both buttons must be pressed to shoot, think of it as a safety feature. There is a manual crank for you to move the turret in case of no electricity in the system, but its purty hard. Left is right and right is left on that system. Now, in case of mana storms make sure the latch is closed and the crew can go behind the passenger seat to wait it out. You don't want to be caught out in the open. The mechanic sits behind the driver, faced the opposite way. He has two ways in, through the side or the back. Its in case he needs to shoot out the back or operate the towing system while still running. Any questions so far?"
Talking Aloud Thoughts Matrix Astral E-Mails/"Sub-Vocal"

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <09-01-14/1636:35> »
"Any questions so far?"

Wide Eyes waits a moment, seeing if any of his new teammates had any questions before speaking up himself.

"Yes. When do we start?" He asked.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #32 on: <09-01-14/2326:25> »
"Any questions so far?"

So far, everything made sense to Steven. He was more worried about whether his new team would pick on his than he was about the truck, but so far everyone had been really nice to him.
Perhaps a bit more loudly than the situation calls for, he says, "No, sir."

"Yes. When do we start?" He asked.

Steven lets out a small chuckle and turns his head to face Wide Eyes with a smile.
« Last Edit: <09-03-14/0452:50> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <09-03-14/1334:56> »
" Any questions so far?"

JD offers his hand to Jeremiah and nod, "Looks like she'll work just fine. Just want to parrot the others here and ask when we'll be starting work?"
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <09-03-14/1627:31> »
Jackie is uncharacteristically silent during the crew’s introduction to Delilah, humming softly as he bounces around that beast of a car. Good lord you are one ugly hunk of metal, I wonder which unfortunate girl you were named after.
Quote from: Jeremiah
Any questions so far?
"Who’s Delilah? And what did she do to the poor bastard that decided the name would fit this girl here?"
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Blazrath

• Chummer
« Reply #35 on: <09-04-14/0102:28> »
Jeremiah would chuckle slightly when the question came up. "She's named Delilah due to what she does. 'Round these parts there was a female ork by that name. She was purty for an ork I heard, its before my time. Anyways, she would go through all the men she could get her hands on like they were nothing. Delilah here does the same. Anyways, you leave here in about an hour so get whatever the hell your bringing cause your headin' to...." The dwarf would say, elongating the sentence to go to a clipboard. "Port Augusta, the edge of civilization. Heh, you guys'll have some fun there for sure. Anyways, standard protocol, three weeks on and a week off. What are ye waiting for, get yer stuff and get out of here 'fore the boss thinks your dawdlin' on the first day."

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <09-04-14/0212:12> »
Wide Eyes gears up, pulling on his jacket while headed over to his bike. It was an old beater of a growler, sun bleached yellow plastic body casing around a titanium frame that may have been chrome at one point, but had lost all shine from years of abrasive sand and dirt. The tires were new, a stark contrast to the rest of the bike. Wide Eyes always made sure to take proper care of the wheels.

He grabs his crossbow and makes sure the magazine is loaded, noting the hammerheads were in the chamber, and the spares were clipped into the holder under the arms, perpendicular to the length of the weapon. He had some more bolts stashed in his saddlebags, and doublechecks to make sure the rest of his gear is in order, before slinging the crossbow over his back and straddling the seat.

"Shall we go, then?" he asks, pulling on his goggles and helmet and starting up the growler, revving the engine a few times to let the bike live up to the name.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <09-04-14/0347:10> »
PORT AUGUSTA?! NO WAY!!! YAY!!! PORT AUGUSTA! PORT AUGUSTA! WOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!

Steven was ecstatic. He hadn't even dared to hope he'd be assigned to Port Augusta, but now, here he was, an hour from riding out there for three weeks. Port Augusta is where Erica is stationed during her 2 week shifts. She was about to be home from one today, so unless she showed up soon, they wouldn't be seeing each other for two weeks. After that, she'd be back on and they'd be together for another week before he went home by himself for a week. But after THAT, they'd both have two weeks off together! Steven couldn't be happier at his assignment and no matter how hard he tries to hide it, his utter joy shines through his every word and movement.

"I know the way to Port Augusta! Want me to drive or should I ride shotgun? I've got everything I need in a suitcase over there by the door!"
Then, before getting in, he turns to the dwarf and says "Hey, who's in charge here anyway? Like, which one of these guys is my boss, I mean?"
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #38 on: <09-04-14/1229:27> »
Snap was wearing about most of what he owned, but he ducked into the locker room to grab the rest of his belongings and made his way back to the new group.  Seeing as no one had grabbed the spot by the LMG, Snap went to do his inspections.  Seems she'll do nicely, he thinks and tries out the seat. 

When Donger pipes up, Snap looks around as well, curious who he'll be answering to.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <09-04-14/1234:10> »
Jackie gets real excited when he sees Wild Eyes getting his bike ready, "Well hell Eyes, didn’t know you were gonna be an outrider too. You any good on that thing?"

Quote from: Donger
Steven couldn't be happier at his assignment and no matter how hard he tries to hide it, his utter joy shines through his every word and movement.

"I know the way to Port Augusta! Want me to drive or should I ride shotgun? I've got everything I need in a suitcase over there by the door!"
Then, before getting in, he turns to the dwarf and says "Hey, who's in charge here anyway? Like, which one of these guys is my boss, I mean?"
No one should be that excited to go to Port Augusta, poor septic must have heat stroke or something. Jackie then tilts his head slightly while waiting for the dwarfs response to Donger’s question.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <09-06-14/0503:14> »
Jackie gets real excited when he sees Wild Eyes getting his bike ready, "Well hell Eyes, didn’t know you were gonna be an outrider too. You any good on that thing?"

Wide Eyes just smiles at Jackie, revving the bike a few more times before pulling it around to a good position to get riding.

Blazrath

• Chummer
« Reply #41 on: <09-06-14/1430:34> »
"On the road you'll be answering to whoever is driving the rig cause we trust the driver to make more objective decisions. As for who is his boss and ultimately who you guys answer to, that would be the manager of the Port Augusta branch, Lockjaw. I've heard he is an alright guy, just don't stare." With that, Jeremiah would walk off to the other rig, looking like it still needs repairs done to it before it even functions. Getting more situated with the gun, Snap would notice she is currently unloaded, with three ammo boxes on a shelf that runs the circumference of the turrets firing range, each filled with a belt of one hundred normal rounds. They do care somewhat it seems. Knowing your guys assignment and where to go eventually you guys would pile into Delilah or your bikes and start to head out. Before the gates open though, Jeremiah would come running up, almost in a comically way.

"-Huff, Huff- Fraggin boss would of tanned my hide if I let you leave without knowing this. Turn on the CB radio and regular radio. He would say, pointing to the box in the middle console and the box hanging from where the passenger sun visor should be. Once someone turns on, it would show both work almost perfectly. "You'll get your number assigned in Port Augusta to which channel you guys need to be on, but the other reason why is cause of the storms. If one of those goes to static for a while, it will eventually come back. If both of those go out, you usually got 20 to 30 seconds before a mana storm is all over you and trying to kill ya. Good Luck!" He would say, the dwarf getting out of the way as the gate opens up all of the way and you see the storm gate ahead. Its a long trip ahead, might as well find a radio station you guys like as you leave.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #42 on: <09-06-14/1500:40> »
Before the drive, Steven changes out of his suit and into more suitable traveling clothes; tan cargo pants, rolled up to just below the knees, a white short sleeve shirt, brown hiking boots and white knee socks, helmet and armor vest. In these clothes, Donger looks like the impressive wall of muscle he is, rather than a confused child in dad's suit. This guy could go toe to toe with most orks you've seen and even a couple trolls. Even considering his intimidating physical presence, the sheepish grin on his face keeps him from LOOKING intimidating at all. Once the helmet goes on and you can't see that grin anymore, the giant white boy is a little creepy looking. He keeps the helmet on for the ride to keep the sun and dust out of his eyes, oblivious to who it may bother, unless someone says something. His thoughts have been on one thing since they left.

Mana storms.
Mana storms... Mana storms? Hmmmmmm. If they 'get all over you and try to kill you' as Jeremiah had said, I guess I should find out what they are. It's probably not anything too bad, if Jeremiah was so casual about it.

After about half an hour of pondering, he finally pipes up over the comm on the private group channel so the outriders can hear him too. "So hey guys! I'm not from around here. Uhhhhhh... What's a mana storm? And what do we do if one gets all over us and tries to kill us?" His tone is rather upbeat and matter-of-fact sounding.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <09-06-14/1618:02> »
Quote from: Wide Eyes
Wide Eyes just smiles at Jackie, revving the bike a few more times before pulling it around to a good position to get riding.
Jackie just grins back at Wild Eyes, Oh yeah son, I’m gonna need to show you some real moves once we get off the tarmac. He then dons his Survivalist armor with his Snake mesh socks and tricked out helmet before stowing his duffel bag in the car and getting on his bike.
Quote from: Donger
So hey guys! I'm not from around here. Uhhhhhh... What's a mana storm? And what do we do if one gets all over us and tries to kill us?
Jackie laughs out loud before answering, "It’s ugly nasty shit and what you do is grab your balls and pray to any and all gods you can bring to mind that this delightful Delilah is as well built as that dwarf thinks she is. Pissing yourself is an optional extra."

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <09-06-14/2202:24> »
Knowledge Test on Mana Storms: Intuition 4 + Magic Phenomina 2: 6d6t5 5 (Whoo!)

Wide Eyes gets a distant look as he contemplates the Mana Storms. He then turns to Donger.

"The storms are a great and powerful surge of mana that can tear through the land. Many things can make them, but their power is mysterious and terrifying, even to the spirits. They are among the most dangerous phenomena a man can encounter, in this plane or any other." He then grins.

"But that's what makes it exciting!" He laughs for a moment, almost maniacally, remembering the last time he had ridden through a storm. He had never been so terrified, or so thrilled.

"But not to worry, I know much of the storms, and I will see them more clearly on the Astral, if we do run across one. If we are drawn into a storm and cannot escape, do your best to stay within my line of sight. I can try to protect you from the storm's fury, to a degree."

And on that note, Wide Eyes guns it, driving off towards Port Augusta. He was an outrider, after all. Only made sense that he'd lead the way.
« Last Edit: <09-07-14/1752:56> by Ryo »