NEWS

[OOC] A Street Legends for VU93 Posters?

• 175 Replies

Nightmare

• Chummer
  • Freelance merc, runner, and assassin
« Reply #165 on: <03-14-14/1037:23> »
Well, if you want a profile done, in the way we were doing it, it helps to have some sort of history in the group.  Walking in on your first day (as it were) and wanting everyone who's been here a while to contribute to your brag sheet can get kind of awkward - resulting in a lot of 'I have no idea who this hoser is' kind of contributions.  No history, you know?

I was just asking if this was still being done...not wanting one, just asking...was contemplating adding myself as a possible writer.  Jeez....bit snarky.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #166 on: <03-14-14/2250:20> »
The snark is only in your perception, not in my statement.  It would be exceedingly awkward for people to have to write about Nightmare.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #167 on: <03-16-14/1803:49> »
I don't know,  Wolfgar has hung with the Ancients for a while and would have "assisted" with cleaning up the Halloweeners back then so they would have at least met.
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Nightmare

• Chummer
« Reply #168 on: <03-17-14/1010:08> »
The snark is only in your perception, not in my statement.  It would be exceedingly awkward for people to have to write about Nightmare.

Once more, I was asking for anyone to write about my character..I was thinking of offering to help write.  Course the more you misread what I say, the more I feel like not helping out at all.  READ!  I know it would be awkward for folks to write about my character seeing as she just started showing up on VU93.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #169 on: <03-18-14/0010:32> »
Is this still going on or should I just shuffle over to somewhere else?
Once more, I was asking for anyone to write about my character..I was thinking of offering to help write.  Course the more you misread what I say, the more I feel like not helping out at all.  READ!  I know it would be awkward for folks to write about my character seeing as she just started showing up on VU93.

Actually, I did read - and instead of your nonspecific 'is this still going on', I specified thusly:
Well, if you want a profile done, in the way we were doing it ...
... then reiterated my statement that it would be awkward to write about someone who just popped up.  Also, I think you meant (above) that you WEREN'T asking for anyone to write about your character - not that you were.  I read, and I like to think that I do pay close attention to what people write, and also that I write clearly and concisely in reply, using specific examples, etc.  I'm sorry you feel otherwise, but my review of our posts suggests that I haven't said anything about you not adding to the various shadowtalks.

All that said, though, I don't think any contributions you made - or even if you volunteered to put one or two together (hint hint to y'all who still haven't, which alas includes me) - would be rejected out of hand.  The project hasn't been active in lo this long time, but it could by all means be revitalized.  New blood would certainly help do it.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Jesskitten

• Newb
  • Runner, Cyber Psychic, Trix Kid
« Reply #170 on: <05-13-14/0904:59> »
you know just my 2nuyen worth here, but well Wyrm Ill be honest you do come across as a bit standoffish towards anyone who is new, or hasn't posted much. Much like our confrontation in VU93. I read what Nightmare wrote and it simply asked if it was still going on, there was no other information and thus a post more like yes it is still going on/no it isn't, what interest do you have in the project, kinda post would be more productive rather than a quite bossy and slightly arrogant stance of well you are new here so dont bother. At least that is how I read your post and I own that reading. You may disagree in intentions but that is how it came across to a bystander. Please I hope this can be taken as constructive criticism and everyone can work on making their posts and the community here an inclusive one for all runners. Remember with all the new Shadowrun material coming out, SRR, SRO, SR5, Crossfire etc there are going to be more and more people introduced to it, and thus many will find their way to these forums which correct me if I'm wrong, are the official forums. I love that there is a very pationate fan community here and do not want that changed into the same corp run bs forums of many other games, but please remember new people will come and with gentle nudging and guidance they will find their way to fit into the community.

sorry for the wall of text but punctuation kinda goes out when I get in rant mode

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #171 on: <05-13-14/2104:29> »
... did you have something to propose that was appropriate to the thread?  Or were you just taking a private issue with me, one which attacked my character's IC response to an ICly pugnacious post from your character on the grounds that I (the player and poster) should be nicer to new people, into the public eye?

Nightmare asked a question.  I responded.  He took offense at how I responded; I clarified.  He took offense again, and I clarified until the issue was resolved.  Why are you trying to resurrect it?
Pananagutan & End/Line

Jesskitten

• Newb
  • Runner, Cyber Psychic, Trix Kid
« Reply #172 on: <05-13-14/2228:34> »
I made reference to our previous encounter simply as a point of reference. My intention with that post was to provide what I hoped to be some constructive criticism in regards to a perceived issue. It is simply a response that I felt was in support of a fellow newcomer and well, I know you are very pationate on these forums, and that is a great thing, and that you are one of the quickest posters especially on VU93 areas from what I have seen. However in some areas when new people are involved the discussion becomes well I guess as it did with Nightmare, kinda standoffish. And in terms of resurrection, The post wasn't that old that I felt it was outside of a comment period and I saw no resolution to the issue within the thread. Im sorry if this detracts from the discussion, and would not disagree if a moderator removed all related posts, but I do feel the need to remind some of the old guard, that new people do come, comment and at times may not get things right, but there is profit in patience,

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #173 on: <05-14-14/0005:20> »
I have been neither standoffish nor deliberately offensive; when I am, you will certainly know, because Fastjack gets all officially red, and then spanks me pretty hard.  What I do is provide direction and instruction with patience - because I am willing to provide it again and again and again so long as the individual(s) involved are actively desiring to learn.  If you feel that my direction and instruction and, yes, patience is counterproductive to creating a group of people who post coherently, comprehend the game, and enliven it with things that are within the expanse of what is canon by statement or by implication, or what is conceivable within the stated reach of the game, then by all means, protest my patient instruction and direction.  It is my observation that, excepting your VU93 profile, as these are the only posts that have made since that time, you are using Nightmare's previous disagreement with me as an attempt to get back at me for our private conversation.

Please desist.

In regards to what Nightmare posted two months ago, and what he has posted elsewhere on the 'land (including in VU93) since, I would say that it is my opinion and observation that the issue - the misunderstanding, which I clarified - was resolved.  If Nightmare has issue with my belief of its resolution, he may answer, in public or in private.
« Last Edit: <05-14-14/0110:36> by The Wyrm Ouroboros »
Pananagutan & End/Line

Katrex

• Chummer
« Reply #174 on: <05-14-14/0352:18> »
Wow wyrm You really have a way of reading people's posts negatively, Christ.

She was going out of her way to put what she said in the politest terms and you throw it back rather self righteously. Take a step back reread the intent of her message pick up on staments like " At least that is how I read your post" and respond with a little Diplomacy . You really do alienate new players you know, even if it isn't intentional. Invest some Karma in ettiquette

Nightmare

• Chummer
« Reply #175 on: <05-19-14/1057:29> »
Wow...wander off for awhile and things burst into explosiveness...not sure what to say or what to do so I'll just sit over here and be quiet cause really I have no reason to get into any of this.  Will say I am "lurking" in VU93 to up my knowledge on the characters in hopes of finding one that interests me (and hasn't been done yet) to write a possible profile on to help return the Street Legends back.