NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #420 on: <02-20-16/0151:54> »
....Well, again I don't think it is so much the different OS or even systems.  After spending most of my evening attempting to troubleshoot printer and driver settings, I downloaded a fresh copy of the .zip and installed it to see if maybe my install might have been corrupted.  Opened a character clicked print and again all the zero skills were there.

I sat for a while and wondered it cannot be in the sheets themselves so it has to be somewhere else.

Well, I finally found the cause of the issue in the default.xml file in the Settings folder: 

"<printzeroratingskills>True</printzeroratingskills>"

Apparently,  when I ticked the "Print all Active Skills with a total score higher than 0", it switched the value for that variable to "True" instead of "False".
« Last Edit: <02-20-16/0233:37> by kyoto kid »
Forsaken daughter is watching you

HaikenEdge

• Chummer
« Reply #421 on: <02-24-16/0759:35> »
So, is there any word on when the next full release is? I'm kind of leery about running nightly builds, since they tend to update more than once a night.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #422 on: <02-25-16/0412:47> »
...any chance we will see Handloaded Ammunition from Hard Targets in the Ammo section as ammo with this modifier can also be purchased at a mark up of 20%?

From R&G, We also need:

Explosives:
TNT (Rating; 5, Price: 200¥, Availability: 12R)
Dynamite (Rating: 3 Price: 100¥, Availability: 8R)
Nitroglycerin (Rating: 6 Price: 350¥, Availability: 11F)

Ammunition
Gyrojet Regular Ammunition (DV: 0, AP: 0 Price 80¥/10 Availability 12R)
Gyrojet Shock Ammunition (DV: -2S(E), AP: -5, Price 160¥/10, Availability: 14R)
Gauss Ammunition (DV: 0 AP: 0 Cost: 400¥/10, Availability: 16F)
Forsaken daughter is watching you

boongeebee

• Newb
« Reply #423 on: <02-25-16/1723:24> »
Thanks for working so hard to bring us all this.

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #424 on: <06-19-16/0028:48> »
So my google fu is failing me for some reason.  It seems to be mentioned in the notes but for the life of me I can' fin out how to create an AI character.  what am I doing wrong?

Shaidar

• Omae
« Reply #425 on: <06-20-16/0934:48> »
When you see the Metatype list grab the pulldown to change it to the Metasapient list, AIs is at the top.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #426 on: <06-20-16/1504:08> »
Running in career mode, when I try to add a Knowledge skill, no field is created, although the space for the field and the +specialization/+skill rank buttons appear.

It also generates the following error message

"visible-crash-id"-"1a9fcb0a-9b06-4e6b-aa7f-4710142e7cde"
"visible-build-type"-"RELEASE"
"commandline"-""C:\Users\amarshal\Desktop\Chummer 6\Chummer5.exe" "
"visible-version"-"5.181.0"
"machine-id"-"55041-008-1656361-86921"
"machine-name"-"HL3BB182"
"current-dir"-"C:\Users\amarshal\Desktop\Chummer 6"
"application-dir"-"C:\Users\amarshal\Desktop\Chummer 6\Chummer5.exe"
"visible-error-friendly"-"Property accessor 'Rating' on object 'Chummer.Skills.KnowledgeSkill' threw the following exception:'Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value'"

« Last Edit: <06-20-16/1639:52> by Kincaid »
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #427 on: <06-20-16/1647:43> »
@shaidar I found it finally but it does show up in the sum to ten build method. Maybe it hasn't been done for that character creation method?

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #428 on: <06-20-16/2008:12> »
AI have a bunch of annoying differences for priority builds as they have a different priority table. Currently you can't build them in priority or sum-to-ten.

Kincaid, I believe this has been fixed in the nightly builds; I haven't had an opportunity to bump everything up again to a new major version as yet.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #429 on: <06-21-16/0817:21> »
AI have a bunch of annoying differences for priority builds as they have a different priority table. Currently you can't build them in priority or sum-to-ten.

Kincaid, I believe this has been fixed in the nightly builds; I haven't had an opportunity to bump everything up again to a new major version as yet.

Tried the latest nightly and the behavior was the same.  I'll see if I can dig back to an earlier version.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #430 on: <06-23-16/1755:25> »
Getting a pretty nasty error message when trying  to switch to the skills tab on one of my characters.
Character is attached.

I get a similar looking crash when trying to create a new character.

I tried to attach logs, but they're too large for the forums...

mrdred

• Newb
« Reply #431 on: <06-25-16/2149:10> »
Don't have / want a github login, so in case anyone will transcribe for me:

Drone weapon mount size error.
R5 p.124 shows sniper rifle under category: huge
Chummer 5a (as of 5.181.30) doesn't allow it until heavy (presumably as that's the vehicle weapon mount category).

Checking through other drone mount categories now. Will modify this message if I find anything else.

Edit: Ok, I'm likely premature, and this feature may still be under design / update.
It looks like micro allows everything heavy does.
     mini is about right, but doesn't have the single shot grenades, nor the reach 0 on melee
     small is correct
     standard adds grenade launchers, which I believe should be large; rather than allowing underbarrel as modifiers (note, I did not check weapon mod within categories)
     Large & Heavy are correct
     Huge only has the afore-mentioned item, lack of sniper rifle.
« Last Edit: <06-25-16/2157:45> by mrdred »

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #432 on: <06-26-16/1856:39> »
with the new build i am having trouble doing almost anything, every couple of minutes the program comes up with an error, and as far as i can tell its the same error.

Value of '1' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum
visible-crash-id"-"7097547e-0dd5-44b2-99db-8d129f9f6801

this happenes every time i try to create a new character. i have attached the dump files for reference.

Also, when using the chummer built in error reporter, my computers internet is slowed down to the point of every other thing that is trying to use the network on the computer is disconnected and has to reload pages/reconnect to videos/streaming from this computer to another times out etc. any thoughts on this?

the crashdump.dmp file is too large for me to upload here, hopefully this will clue you in on whats happening. i could upload it to my FTP if necessary. let me know

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #433 on: <06-26-16/1945:07> »
I think that's actually the same Error I'm getting (see about 3 posts above), where I attached a character file for reference.

halflingmage

• Chummer
« Reply #434 on: <06-27-16/0016:31> »
with the new build i am having trouble doing almost anything, every couple of minutes the program comes up with an error, and as far as i can tell its the same error.

Value of '1' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum
visible-crash-id"-"7097547e-0dd5-44b2-99db-8d129f9f6801

this happenes every time i try to create a new character. i have attached the dump files for reference.

Also, when using the chummer built in error reporter, my computers internet is slowed down to the point of every other thing that is trying to use the network on the computer is disconnected and has to reload pages/reconnect to videos/streaming from this computer to another times out etc. any thoughts on this?

the crashdump.dmp file is too large for me to upload here, hopefully this will clue you in on whats happening. i could upload it to my FTP if necessary. let me know

I am getting the same error, both on loading characters and trying to start a new character.  I have let the program report the error a few times.