• 632 Replies

Draca

• Newb
« Reply #105 on: <02-04-15/0505:35> »
Hi where can I find the Chummer 5

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #106 on: <02-04-15/0905:26> »
I found that to fix this you need to make the Talent category use the "real" category letters.  The other categories can apparently take whatever value you want but Talent has to be A, B, C, D, E for the skill dropdown to work.

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #107 on: <02-04-15/0933:44> »
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Draca

• Newb
« Reply #108 on: <02-05-15/0220:29> »

GDS

• Newb
« Reply #109 on: <02-06-15/1238:26> »

One bug I've found is that if you select the B) priority: magic (3) for sum to 10, and then get adept, you can't pick your free rank 4 skill.  But you can pick the regular B) priority (only difference being it doesn't have a "3" next to it) and that works just fine, so I'm not sure it's actually a problem worth fixing.
Actually some steps for magic (enabling tabs, etc.) are hard-coded in the program itself. The "extra" priority is an exact copy in the XML, but can't enable the skill choice box.
No other category is affected by this so simply use the real priority for magic.   

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #110 on: <02-06-15/1307:10> »

One bug I've found is that if you select the B) priority: magic (3) for sum to 10, and then get adept, you can't pick your free rank 4 skill.  But you can pick the regular B) priority (only difference being it doesn't have a "3" next to it) and that works just fine, so I'm not sure it's actually a problem worth fixing.
Actually some steps for magic (enabling tabs, etc.) are hard-coded in the program itself. The "extra" priority is an exact copy in the XML, but can't enable the skill choice box.
No other category is affected by this so simply use the real priority for magic.   

Cool, that's what I was doing, but thanks for the explanation on why it's that way. 

Nevyn

• Chummer
  • We are all ready to be savage in some cause
« Reply #111 on: <02-24-15/1124:25> »
Error messages in Chummer 5 when opening any subsequent character.

Loading the first character is ok... Loading any character afterwards causes an error. I cannot find an email address for sending this to the developer.

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)...

speaking out loud
matrix actions/communication
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #112 on: <02-24-15/1843:26> »
strange, i have no problem opening multiple characters... what kind of custom files do you use? have you tried turning them off one by one while trying to open multiple characters? whats your OS/computer stuff?

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #113 on: <02-24-15/2230:28> »
Nevyn, Chummer is a fan-made program. Originally created by Nebular, taken over by Adam. Lately Adam has been absent from the boards so a few other folks here stepped up to fix/update things while he's away.

Post bugs here. The people most likely to be able to fix them are here anyhow.

-k

Nevyn

• Chummer
« Reply #114 on: <02-24-15/2350:10> »
Thanks guys.

My error report was mistaken somewhat. It isn't the order but the files. One does not error and the others do.

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
   at Chummer.Gear.get_TotalCost()
   at Chummer.frmCreate.CalculateNuyen()
   at Chummer.frmCreate.UpdateCharacterInfo()
   at Chummer.frmCreate.frmCreate_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

That's the error.

System is windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit.

The characters are here:
This does not error:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7g48dydnhwcg1u/Nevyn.chum5?dl=0

This does error:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vigr7tdcm82tfiq/The%20Face.chum5?dl=0

Nevyn has no Cyberware, all other characters do.
« Last Edit: <02-24-15/2355:46> by Nevyn »
speaking out loud
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering

Nevyn

• Chummer
« Reply #115 on: <02-25-15/0016:35> »
I copied the save file and deleted all of the collections in the XML one at a time until the error message stopped occurring.

The error is in the GEARS collection.

Ok - the issue is in the gear below:

<gear>
         <guid>f996f5c0-23af-480c-a916-2c516a212e8f</guid>
         <name>Uniforms</name>
         <category>Disguises</category>
         <capacity />
         <armorcapacity />
         <minrating>0</minrating>
         <maxrating>0</maxrating>
         <rating>0</rating>
         <qty>1</qty>
         <avail>16F</avail>
         <avail3 />
         <avail6 />
         <avail10 />
         <cost>&gt;Variable(2000-15000)</cost>
         <cost3 />
         <cost6 />
         <cost10 />
         <extra />
         <bonded>False</bonded>
         <equipped>True</equipped>
         <homenode>False</homenode><bonus></bonus><source>SS</source><page>178</page><devicerating>0</devicerating><gearname /><includedinparent>False</includedinparent><children /><location /><notes /><discountedcost>False</discountedcost></gear>
speaking out loud
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #116 on: <02-25-15/1102:34> »
So, hey one of my players noticed a problem -- when you pick the "karma" character creation option, you can get to the next dialog box, but then clicking "OK" does nothing.  Anybody have any ideas for that?

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #117 on: <02-25-15/1117:07> »
So, hey one of my players noticed a problem -- when you pick the "karma" character creation option, you can get to the next dialog box, but then clicking "OK" does nothing.  Anybody have any ideas for that?

There was a karma creation option in the previous version for 4th edition but from what I can tell in the code isn't wired to do anything in this version. 

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #118 on: <02-25-15/2201:34> »
Sorry for the delay,  Typing up the positive qualities from Run Faster took longer than expected.  It's about 700 lines just for the Positive qualities.  I've tested the ones that provide direct bonuses, they work well enough.  Some things will require coding in the base program.

One particular issue is the "Tough as Nails" quality.  which is limited to a total of 4 levels with no more than three for the physical or stun CM.  I can do the no more than 3 per track but cannot limit the total to four.

Original sharing link.  Run faster files are in the Run Faster folder.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3RhPHKkUyd7NkE0WlVEYXdaR1U&usp=sharing

Now to start on the negative qualities.

Very minor bug report, Trust Fund quality needs         <quality>SINner (Corporate)</quality>     added.  You've got National and Corporate Limited, missed that one. 

Syntetesh

• Newb
« Reply #119 on: <02-27-15/0324:43> »
First, thank you for the time you spend on Chummer5

It's my first attempt to use it  (for creating a changeling)

When I pick Surge III Chummer5 apply a 25 Karma cost but the book list a 30 Karma cost. (Class I and II apply the right cost)
And may be not related to Chummer5 but my poor eyes, I can't find in the book where it stated that changeling automaticly gain the Distinctive Style negative quality.