NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #75 on: <01-07-15/2319:39> »
Ok.  I have uploaded the Metavariants file (not Non-human Sapients) and a modified priorities XML file.  I know that some of the meta variants will cause Chummer to crash, but I don't have time tonight to bug hunt.  I will work more on it in the next day or three.  There is also a backup of the original priorities file in case anyone accidently overwrites without making their own backup.
Signature file not found

Miri

• Newb
« Reply #76 on: <01-07-15/2353:57> »
Ok.  I have uploaded the Metavariants file (not Non-human Sapients) and a modified priorities XML file.  I know that some of the meta variants will cause Chummer to crash, but I don't have time tonight to bug hunt.  I will work more on it in the next day or three.  There is also a backup of the original priorities file in case anyone accidently overwrites without making their own backup.

Would you be willing to post a link to all these files?

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #77 on: <01-08-15/0039:25> »
Anyone else having issues with the Low-Light Vision and Thermographic Vision metagenetic qualities not showing up for character creation?  It's seeming quite odd as the qualities are in the file, but don't show up for selection, even when the rules and limits are removed.

What's odd is that I changed the names a little, adding (Normal) for the Low-Light vision and putting a hyphen in Thermographic Vision, and suddenly they now appear.

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #78 on: <01-08-15/0427:43> »
Anyone else having issues with the Low-Light Vision and Thermographic Vision metagenetic qualities not showing up for character creation?  It's seeming quite odd as the qualities are in the file, but don't show up for selection, even when the rules and limits are removed.

What's odd is that I changed the names a little, adding (Normal) for the Low-Light vision and putting a hyphen in Thermographic Vision, and suddenly they now appear.

I was aware of this and meant to 'fix' and upload the file for this.  If the Custom and Original data file have an item with the same name then Chummer prefers the original.  LoLite and Thermo are both in the original qualities file.  They are there to support the metatype racial traits and are 'hidden'.  Changing the name of the qualities in the custom file is the 'fix'.  I'll make the fix later this evening and re-upload the file.

As always, the sharing link is https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3RhPHKkUyd7NkE0WlVEYXdaR1U&usp=sharing
Signature file not found

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #79 on: <01-08-15/0525:36> »
Fixed the Metagenic quality file so that Low-Light and Thermographic show up.  I added '(Standard)' to the name of the qualities.  Now to begin the bug hunt for problems with the metatype variants.
Signature file not found

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #80 on: <01-08-15/1732:53> »
Finished bug hunting the Metavariant file.  I've uploaded the corrected file and to make it work I've had to update the Metagenic quality file.  I've uploaded the new version of that as well.

If you have any troubles with a Metavariant, let me know what you were doing and the error details.  It will help me pinpoint what needs to be fixed.  I am aware of the Karma cost of certain variant races in the Priority table.  I will add that later this evening, it will be a hidden 'positive' quality.

After that is done I need to focus on planning for my campaign.  Infected and Non Human Sapients will come next week or so.  I expect that the NH Sapients will be of similar difficult as the variants.  I haven't read the Infected section closely enough to gauge how difficult it will be.
Signature file not found

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #81 on: <01-08-15/1852:08> »
I wish I had looked into how it was done in Chummer sooner.  Here's an alternative that might be a little cleaner.  It works by overriding the Low-Light Vision and Thermographic Vision qualities in the main qualities file without actually altering the primary file (a feature that was in Chummer & still exists in Chummer5), working still with the metatypes that get either one automatically and for free, yet opening it up for purchase if you purchase a Changeling quality.

https://www.mediafire.com/?n3uxc5rjx81z5z0

All that needs to be done is to have a <forbidden> tag added to the Low-Light Vision (Feline) so it prevents the regular Low-Light Vision quality from being selected at the same time, and the Low-Light Vision (Standard) and Thermographic Vision (Standard) qualities can be removed from the custom file.
« Last Edit: <01-08-15/1900:07> by SpellBinder »

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #82 on: <01-08-15/2127:46> »
I wish I had looked into how it was done in Chummer sooner.  Here's an alternative that might be a little cleaner.  It works by overriding the Low-Light Vision and Thermographic Vision qualities in the main qualities file without actually altering the primary file (a feature that was in Chummer & still exists in Chummer5), working still with the metatypes that get either one automatically and for free, yet opening it up for purchase if you purchase a Changeling quality.

https://www.mediafire.com/?n3uxc5rjx81z5z0

All that needs to be done is to have a <forbidden> tag added to the Low-Light Vision (Feline) so it prevents the regular Low-Light Vision quality from being selected at the same time, and the Low-Light Vision (Standard) and Thermographic Vision (Standard) qualities can be removed from the custom file.

This will work, although I haven't tested it.  One of my goals is to keep the number of files to a reasonable level and to reduce confusion.  The only concession is making separate files for different sections of the book.  May I have your permission to upload this to my location to share it with those who wish to implement it?
Signature file not found

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #83 on: <01-08-15/2203:01> »
I kinda figured that about the different files for different books, based on how everything you have is named, so I kept the naming convention with this override file.

It should work, too.  I did a little bit of testing myself before posting to make sure there were no errors.

And I should've said so in the earlier post, but you most certainly do have permission to upload a copy to the others.  It's why I put it in my mediafire folder and linked for sharing.

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #84 on: <01-09-15/1318:56> »
So first of all, holy crap, thanks for all the work.

Do I literally just drop these files into the data folder, that's it? 

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #85 on: <01-09-15/1704:14> »
Almost.  Once you've dropped the XML files into the data folder you'll need to launch Chummer5 and go to Tools > Options and make sure that the new books for Run Faster & Shadow Spells are enabled.  If they're not, check them, hit [OK], and then close and relaunch Chummer5.  Otherwise you should be good to go.

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #86 on: <01-09-15/1706:55> »
OK, thanks.  I'll let you know how it goes!

GDS

• Newb
« Reply #87 on: <01-10-15/1024:03> »
Finished bug hunting the Metavariant file.  I've uploaded the corrected file and to make it work I've had to update the Metagenic quality file.  I've uploaded the new version of that as well.

If you have any troubles with a Metavariant, let me know what you were doing and the error details.  It will help me pinpoint what needs to be fixed.  I am aware of the Karma cost of certain variant races in the Priority table.  I will add that later this evening, it will be a hidden 'positive' quality.

Arrgh. You have beaten me posting that ...

Bug:

priorities.xml Heritage A:
          <name>Gnome (Dwarf) (Dwarf)</name>

Page 93 says that cyclops keep thgermographic vision  (missing form the table at page 104 though). 

Some suggestions:

Allergies can be specified on the line, no need to duplicate the quality.
<quality select="Sunlight">Allergy (Common, Mild)</quality>

The "Ususual Hair" quality would benefit from a <selecttext/> directive anyway, so it also could be back-linked, avoiding triplicating entries just for the metavariants

Define "Metavariant" and "Metaspaient" for  the <category> field  so they are hidden behind the dropdown box and don't clutter up the list when not needed.

The karma surcharge should be a negative quality and counts against the limit as per page 102. I have tested several possible solutions to trigger them automatically but nothing worked so the easiest is to name them so they shows up as the first item in the negative list.
https://celedyr.agr.unideb.hu/public.php?service=files&t=0ed3b63e3f2e4ec68cbbb8358805abdb

GDS

• Newb
« Reply #88 on: <01-10-15/1605:40> »
Metasapients are done.

Priorities.xml needs to be replaced (compatible with Iridios' previous work) for metatype and allowing inherent magic at heritage E.

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #89 on: <01-10-15/2016:13> »
Many thanks to SpellBinder and GDS for their help on these files.  I've uploaded copies to my shared folder for completeness.  I've added tags into the file names to identify the authors as GDS or SpellBinder (SB).  Files I have authored do not have such a tag.  I've also uploaded my latest versions of the metavariant file and the metagenic qualities file.

Now, for a bit I will need to focus on prepping for my upcoming campaign.
Signature file not found