NEWS

How to start getting involved.

• 7 Replies

Vertigo916 "Patches"

• Newb
  • Vertigo916 "Patches"
« on: <06-18-13/0908:07> »
My wife and i played a good bit at origins and we greatly enjoyed the system to the point we skipped all the other events we had scheduled and played all but 2 currently published modules..

With that said how does one get involved with this campaign from a GM perspective. I would like to run a Welcome to the World event or 2 at my local game store and then possibly run an event every 2nd or 3rd Saturday leading up to Gencon (As i know a lot of my local group is going to gencon)

I also go to a large number of other conventions (smaller ones) up and down the east cost & Chicago area and would like to do something similar at those events.

Wolfcon, Marcon, VernCon, Mysticon, Charcon, Concentric, Conception, Fire and Ice, Jewel Con among other..

"Face Man Steve"
I trust the player, If I don't whats the point?

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #1 on: <06-18-13/0923:01> »
Take a look at the Catalyst Demo Team homepage (.. http://www.catalystdemos.com/ ..) to find out how you can sign up as a member and thus be able to gain access to the materials and adventures used to run convention games.
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <06-18-13/0927:38> »
Head over to http://www.catalystdemos.com/ and click the "Enlist!" button at the top to apply to join the Catalyst Demo Team.  Then start talking to convention organizers or gaming store owners about scheduling and start running games.

Technically, you can skip all that, go buy the modules from DriveThruRPG and just run them at local conventions, but going through CDT (and everyone's best buddy Ray Rigel) means you get to use the existing infrastructure to promote the events you're running.  It also means that you're more likely to locate other CDT agents in your area who can also show up to run stuff.  Last but not least, you also don't have to shell out your own cash to buy the modules to run.  Also, I highly recommend that you take a few slots at your next major (Gencon or Origins) and run a few games.

I've been playing Missions at Gencon for 3 or 4 years now and 2012 was the first year I signed up to GM rather than just play and I'm really glad that I did.  I didn't run enough to get comped to the con or to get my lodging covered, but that wasn't why I did it.  I just thought it was cool to get to help a bunch of random strangers have as much fun playing Missions as I always do.

All in all, it's a great program.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #3 on: <06-18-13/1009:32> »
Glad you had fun, Vertigo.  Origins was INSANE :)

But yeah, pretty much what they said above :)

Vertigo916 "Patches"

• Newb
  • Vertigo916 "Patches"
« Reply #4 on: <06-18-13/1428:21> »
I probably wont GM at Gencon or Origins as those are the 2 "Big" conventions my wife and i get to go to and game. But we have a lot of other smaller conventions i run up and down too that i wouldn't care to run games at..

Also im pretty sure that a steady run game at the local store would go over Huge..

I know there are about 4 modules + Welcome games i can run.. How often are new modules released as I know 5th is just starting out.

Also if one would chose to wright is that covered in the agent stuff once i get the application in? is there an official process for that etc?

Timothy M. Patrick

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <06-21-13/1339:04> »
You can also reach out to "Good" Ray Rigel the Lead RPGs Agent at sinthalix@yahoo.com
Co-Host of CriticalGlitch a Shadowrun podcast Criticalglitch.com

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <06-22-13/2059:54> »
Vertigo

To get to write for mission is separate from the Demo team. If you go here: http://www.shadowrun4.com/missions/ at the bottom of the page is a link for further questions. It probably is Bull's email since he is the missions coordinator. He can fill you in on what you need to do in order to start writing missions and the details about it or even if they are currently looking for new writers.

Hope this helps.
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

Vertigo916 "Patches"

• Newb
  • Vertigo916 "Patches"
« Reply #7 on: <07-08-13/1314:31> »
Cool Thank you all for the info.

I'll probably try and get a little more familiar with the setting before "writing" stuff lol.

Cant wait to see every one at gencon.

Take care till then.