NEWS

[6E] PbP Recruitment & OoC

• 187 Replies

ZeroSum

• Omae
« Reply #120 on: <11-23-19/1240:20> »
Sounds good regarding hosts. I'll assign a Rating of 4 to the Admin host, and a rating of 2 to the Greenhouse host. The Greenhouse host will be nested behind the Admin hosts, which means you have to hack the Admin host first to get to the Greenhouse host; this is new in SR6, apparently, as per page 185.

Admin: ASDF 5/4/7/6; AR 9, DR 13
Greenhouse: ASDF 2/3/5/4, AR5, DR9

0day will have his deck configured for Sleaze with an ASDF array of 8/9/8/8, giving him an AR of 19 and a DR of 18, which will give him edge in pretty much all actions taken against the hosts, plus the edge for Analytical Mind. Initiative won't make much difference since he'll be AR hacking, and his meatspace initiative is pretty low, so each action he takes will be able to gain the full 2 Edge.

Probe and Backdoor Entry doesn't count as illegal admin access, so he'll only be accruing OS through taking illegal actions boosted by hacking programs. He's using Exploit which reduced DR of target by 2 (included in the above), as well as Overclock for +1 dice and +1 Wild Die; specialization won't apply here as he's specialized in Devices, not Hosts.

EDIT:
Apparently I forgot how the Wild Die works, so I rolled two more times than I needed to. First Probe attempt would have been successful because I rolled a 6 on the wild die, which gives 3 extra hits, not 1:
Probe (Extended, 1min), Cracking + Logic + Overclock vs Firewall x2: 14d6t5 3 1d6t5 1 12d6t5 4

In other words, this would have been a successful hacking with 2 net successes, not a tie like I thought. In either case, ties also go to the attacker in 6th, a fact I just now remembered.

My intention was to reboot the deck and try again, hence the second roll:
Probe (Extended, 1min), Cracking + Logic + Overclock vs Firewall x2: 14d6t5 3 1d6t5 1 12d6t5 5
Another success on the wild die, which would have meant a single net hit instead of a failed attempt. Fortunately, since probe doesn't raise any alarms I could have just rebooted and tried again. Consider these two as practice rolls because I apparently couldn't remember some basics...

I took the liberty of assigning a matrix iconography in the form of an amerind type tribal look. Since they are The Tribe and in Seattle, I chose Salish as the theme.
« Last Edit: <11-23-19/1345:17> by ZeroSum »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #121 on: <12-02-19/0752:14> »
I feel we need to hustle this along to get to some action... want to do a force recon action in Reaper territory and see who jumps you?!? :D
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #122 on: <12-03-19/0544:31> »
Omen would be up for that, but I don't know if the others are already done with their research
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #123 on: <12-03-19/0852:09> »
Can always do research OoC or in flashback... I'm worried that if we don't jump on a bit this will die before we've even tried out the rules :P

ZeroSum

• Omae
« Reply #124 on: <12-05-19/0741:18> »
I'm OK with force recon. Not sure 0day has much to do from the compound anyway, unless I missed something obvious.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #125 on: <12-05-19/0812:24> »
At home with a sickly child but I’ll try and draft an IC to jump you ahead a bit... flashbacks are perfectly acceptable if you think of anything you wanted to do retrospectively!

Oh, and did you get my PM ZeroSum?

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #126 on: <12-05-19/1004:28> »
Sorry to have been quiet for a few days, had a trip that kept me more busy & tired than I'd expected.

I'm up for scene shifting to approaching the Reavers -- maybe a bit before rolling init, but I'm entirely good with moving fairly straight to head-busting mode.

PS: we have been checking out some of the new rules, although I grant you that the new Edge system really is built around combat.

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #127 on: <12-05-19/1623:28> »
Sorry for the silence, I have been trying to sell my house.
You are not what you think you are. you are an imitation of what your wish you were

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #128 on: <12-05-19/1649:39> »
Sorry for the silence, I have been trying to sell my house.

Just a BIT stressful and demanding, eh?  Good luck!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #129 on: <12-06-19/0820:51> »
Location is Redmond Fire Dept Station 17… I’ve put a pin on the map.  As there’s no real surprise on anyone’s part I’ll leave you all to roll initiative etc.  Assuming you continue driving along NE 116th St they will open fire without warning… very un-ganger like!  Of course I doubt you’ll let them have it that easy :D.  Depending where you engage them range will be Near (ambush @50m) or Medium (up to 250m, about by the roundabout, although I think matrix perception will pick them up at 100m?!)

Pro Rt 2 gangers armed with smartlinked assault rifles!  Use Sons of Sauron stats p205 core (they aren’t all orcs but that’s ok…), 3 in the fire station and two in the house opposite.  Feel free to roll for them if you have time or I’ll start that off next week.  They are in good cover/sniping positions

2x FN-HAR [5(6)P, SA/BF/FA, 3/11/10/6/1, 35(c)] w. Laser Sight, Gas Vent, Smartlink, Explosive Rnds
3x Ingram Smartgun XI [3(4)P, SA/BF, 11/9/6/—/—, 32(c)] w. Gas Vent, Smartgun System, Integral Silencer, Explosive Rnds

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #130 on: <12-06-19/1713:39> »
I just took a closer look at the vehicle rules in 6th, and .... they make life a lot harder than in fifth.  If going at 40km/h (25mph), taking a Harley off road has a handling check threshold of 6.  And the handling threshold of the Bulldog at that speed while on the road would be 7!   Just mentioning before anyone goes for cool vehicular tricks without comparing to their dice pool

I'd been thinking of having Tippermen cut across the (likely now barren) ground to the firehouse and skid to a stop next to the walls where they likely can't get a bead on him, but he's only rolling 6 dice so he's not going to manage anything that needs a control test.  Braking in a controlled and normal manner would be at least two turns, which sounds like a lot of free shots for the gangers (granted that their dice pool is awful, but if they hit they'll likely do damage).

Other ideas for plans?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #131 on: <12-07-19/0351:43> »
Since Orocos still has trouble, I can only post results not roll history (by using test as campaign name)
Perception: 9d6t5: 3 [9d6t5=2, 4, 3, 2, 6, 6, 2, 6, 2] So engagement at 250m
Surprise: 15d6t5: 3 [15d6t5=3, 1, 1, 1, 3, 1, 6, 4, 5, 1, 4, 2, 2, 5, 2] No Surprise
Ini: 15+4d6: 26 [4d6=1, 4, 2, 4]

Edge Phase:
We have a street by daylight while the gangers are in cover and shadowed by their buildings, giving them 1 Edge

Omen's defense rating is 6 (Body) +3 Armor =9 - so no difference to the Attack rating of the FN Hars

Major action: Piloting test to get the van into a defensive position: 10d6t5: 4 [10d6t5=4, 6, 1, 4, 4, 2, 4, 6, 6, 6] barely made it (Driving without crashing is incredibly hard now)
Major action: Ready Weapon
Minor action: Change Device Mode.

So the gangers get to fire first: SA Mode w/smartlink wifi on
2#6d6t5: 2 # 0 [6d6t5=3, 4, 2, 3, 2, 3] 1 [6d6t5=1, 4, 1, 5, 2, 3]
Defense by Omen: 15d6t5: 4 [15d6t5=6, 1, 4, 2, 2, 1, 6, 6, 1, 6, 1, 1, 4, 1, 4]

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

ZeroSum

• Omae
« Reply #132 on: <12-09-19/0648:44> »
0day will have been in coldsim VR to provide Matrix overwatch with his default deck loadout:
A/S/D/F 8/9/8/8, Device Rating 5, Attack Rating 17, Defense Rating 16+2
Programs: Armor, Biofeedback Filter, Browse, Configurator, Exploit, Fork, Overclock, Virtual Machine (Signal Scrubber, Toolbox)

Armor adds 2 to Defense Rating, Exploit reduces opponent DR by 2, Fork lets him hit 2 targets with a single action without splitting the dice pool, and Overclock adds two dice to Matrix actions with one die being Wild.

The PR2 Sons of Sauron have DR2 commlinks. Smartguns are not listed as having a separate DR, so I'll use their commlinks for defense. This seems weird, to be honest, but it is what it is...

Initiative (Coldsim VR): 2d6+15 20

Minor Action: Switch Interface Mode (Hotsim, +1 initiative die)
Initiative Adjustment (Hotsim): 1d6 5
This brings his initiative to 25

Minor Action: Reconfigure Matrix Attribute (using Configurator to load alternate configuration: Blackout and Lockdown programs loaded, Configurator and Browse unloaded, Attack set to 9 and Sleaze set to 8)

Major Action: Data Spike
Targeting both of the Assault Rifles using Fork. Base DV is Attack Attribute divided by 2 rounded up, for a total of 5 DV. AR is 17 vs DR of 4-2 from Exploit, 1 point of Edge gained, +1 from Analytical Mind for a total of 7.

Data Spike is Cracking 6 + Logic 7 vs Data Processing 2 + Firewall 2; with Overclock I also add 1 dice for a total of 14 and add 1 wild die.
Data Spike: 14d6t5 4 1d6t5 0
Wild Die result of 1; I'll spend 4 Edge to reroll all failures
Edge re-roll: 10d6t5 1 1d6t5 0
Still a 1. Wild Die result of 1 counts all 1s and 2s for the purposes of glitching.

Final dice roll looks like this:
5 [14d6t5=6, 5, 6, 6, 6, 4, 3, 4, 2, 2, 3, 4, 3, 1] No glitch with only 3 of 14 dice being a 1 or a 2.

Defense of 4 dice each:
Defense: 2#4d6t5 3 4

2 net hits on the first, 1 net hit on the second. Matrix Damage is resisted with Firewall, so 2 dice each; 7DV on the first, 6 on the second.
Matrix Damage Resist: 2#2d6t5 1 0

Both guns take 6 Matrix DV out of a total of 9 (8+(DR/2)), and both guns are linklocked.

Using a damaged device incurs a penalty similar to wound penalties and it is not stated that this penalty is only for Matrix actions, so presumably this applies to real world actions as well?

I'll repeat this again next turn, except I'll have enough actions to do it twice.

Oh, and Overwatch Score increases by the hits on defense tests of 3 and 4, plus 1 for the illegal action and 1 for action modified by hacking program, for a total of 7 so far.

EDIT:
@Aria
Do you want to throw in a Cutters Data Harvester decker to try to deal with 0day? Otherwise I strongly suspect he'll be able to make short work of the rest of the firearms; the number of defense hits was definitely abnormal, and 5 hits on 24 dice was definitely on the lower end. I'd be happy to run both as of the next initiative pass.

EDIT2:
Sorry, missed your comment about PM, Aria. I don't actually see a way to get to the PMs from the website, as the menu button is missing in my browser. I'll check once I get home, as I think I have that option there. Might be a work browser thing.
« Last Edit: <12-09-19/0745:28> by ZeroSum »

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #133 on: <12-09-19/0939:16> »
They should be able to turn off their smartlinks, and keep using the guns, no?  (Albeit with less dice)

ZeroSum

• Omae
« Reply #134 on: <12-09-19/1550:00> »
I don't think so, not with linklock active. It's not really clear how that works, to be honest, at least not based on how I read it.

This is in part why I suggested bringing in a rival Decker. I have good initiative, so I'd likely get to go before them next turn, which would let me brick their guns. That makes the fight less exciting for those of you with guns and or mojo; if I get occupied taking on another Decker, that's a different story.

0day isn't quite useless in physical combat, but armed with an Area Lightfire against guys with rifles and SMGs/MPs, he would definitely go for the obvious Matrix attack instead.