NEWS

Street cred in Chicago

• 36 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #15 on: <10-25-13/0825:21> »
That's an SR4 rule. It no longer exists in SR5.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <10-25-13/0838:13> »
That's an SR4 rule. It no longer exists in SR5.

Phew--Public Awareness is the bane of my character's existence, I got nervous there.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #17 on: <10-25-13/0844:16> »
In SR4 I (house)ruled that people with good-vs-Notoriety-qualities could sacrifice Street Cred to burn their Notoriety into the negative, this would allow players in the long run to have positive Street Cred but 0 Public Awareness. Nothing in the rules forbade Notoriety going negative, all I did was put a limit on it.

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <10-25-13/1104:48> »
Sorry to see that it's gone.  Admittedly, the massive Public Awareness that resulted from the hugely inflated Street Cred numbers Missions generates was a largely ignored game mechanic so I can see why it was done away with.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #19 on: <10-25-13/1127:50> »
Public Awareness now being a separate thing also means you can work up a smooth or nasty reputation without it automatically having a consequence for police attention. So I like it myself.

Pollution

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <10-29-13/0811:33> »
In addition, the street cred table gives you an idea of how well known you are (on a scale ranging from bob the unknown to Fast Jack)

I have a player, who played in 4 of the GenCon games, and we've run 3/4 of Sprawls Wild.  With his Man of the People downtimes, he's rocking 70 Karma and has gotten 6 Street Cred from Mission rewards.He has a total Street Cred of 13.

For the record, that table means that he's a household name (and then some) as the scale goes from 1-10.

So, this Mage is apparently as well-known as Harlequin or Fast Jack, or POTUCAS.

I have a Technomancer who's rockin' a 9 at this point....  He's only played the forst 3 Sprawl Wilds games.  he'll be a 10 after the next game.

Something is askew if you ask me.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #21 on: <10-29-13/1002:57> »
I'd ignore those scales for Missions.  They're...  Umm...  Yeah.  They're a bad legacy from SR4, and only apply if you're one of those wierd gamers who never has a campaign last more than a half dozen game sessions.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <10-29-13/1241:35> »
In addition, the street cred table gives you an idea of how well known you are (on a scale ranging from bob the unknown to Fast Jack)

I have a player, who played in 4 of the GenCon games, and we've run 3/4 of Sprawls Wild.  With his Man of the People downtimes, he's rocking 70 Karma and has gotten 6 Street Cred from Mission rewards.He has a total Street Cred of 13.

For the record, that table means that he's a household name (and then some) as the scale goes from 1-10.

So, this Mage is apparently as well-known as Harlequin or Fast Jack, or POTUCAS.

I have a Technomancer who's rockin' a 9 at this point....  He's only played the forst 3 Sprawl Wilds games.  he'll be a 10 after the next game.

Something is askew if you ask me.

Are you talking about the 1-10 table on page 373?  That's Public Awareness, not Street Cred.  God willing, your Public Awareness isn't already 13  ;)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #23 on: <10-29-13/1246:44> »
And in SR5, you no longer get auto-PA from SC+N. So even if you end up at 40+ SC, it doesn't mean you have 13 PA.

Pollution

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <10-30-13/1042:04> »
Disregard my post about the table, you're right, that's for PA, not SC.

DOH!

Tacitus05

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <11-08-13/2059:31> »
So what do the levels mean? How are regarded at 5? 7? 15? 20?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #26 on: <11-09-13/0608:40> »
Speaking of Street Cred: What is the impact of Notoriety and Public Awareness in Missions? It has zero effect unless the GM makes it impact things.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <11-09-13/2003:48> »
I'm still actually curious as to what street cred does for you in Missions (bigger limit, extra dice, both, etc.)

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <11-10-13/1716:29> »
I'm still actually curious as to what street cred does for you in Missions (bigger limit, extra dice, both, etc.)

Beyond the listed benefits in the rulebook of extra Social dice and an elevated Social limit, I don't think there's anything of note that Street Cred does.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <11-10-13/1751:08> »
Right, but since it says different things in different places, I wasn't sure if both benefits were intended or if it was a copy/paste error.