NEWS

SRM 02-03 The Grab

• 5 Replies

CassusAevum

• Newb
« on: <05-22-12/1038:31> »
We're running SR missions season 2, but we're also rotating GMs from mission to mission.  So far, this is working out nicely, but we ran into a bit of a wall this past game.  We finished The Grab (Mission 3) and with the death of Catherine Westmore, the party wants to track down whatever went wrong and exact some revenge.  Because we're switching GMs, I don't know if this is addressed in a later mission.  So, a couple of questions that I'm hoping those who have played can answer (hopefully without too many spoilers, since I may end up on the player side of the screen):

1.  Is the death of Catherine Westmore a plot point in later missions?
2.  If so, will it throw off the flow of things to do that particular mission next?
3.  If not, are there any characters or plot points I should avoid touching if I run a session outside of missions to resolve this?

Thanks!

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <05-22-12/1340:41> »
Obviously, spoilers.

1. Yes, Chasing the Dragon.
2. No.

CassusAevum

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <05-22-12/2020:30> »
Excellent.  Many thanks.

Henzington

• Omae
  • Stun rounds+Edge=Lethal
« Reply #3 on: <05-23-12/1625:42> »
My team decided to hack the school to have the girl excused because of a death in the family and then had a teammate disguised to look like Mr Frost and pick her up.  I was surprised when after we took out the helicopter amazing what grenades and a heavy machine will do to one and our gm told us that there wasnt info for our solution to getting the girl out of the school.
Whenever I am at a loss for I should do, I ask myself what would Michael Weston do?

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <06-06-12/1853:21> »
A lot of the early missions seem to persue your just going to shoot your way in and out of everywhere.
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #5 on: <07-18-12/1054:35> »
If there isn't solution, it's up to the gm to create one. I am running the Missions 2 in this forums, so I know. Half of my games went ridiculously far away from the scripts.
If they had it so far in the past I'd suggest several improvements, but as they aren't supported it's no use.

This particular run, went still ahead of ridicolusly far from the scenario, as the group decided to go against the Johnson for hiring it to kidnap the girl.

Enough said, they didn't succeed and they didn't like it ...
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry