NEWS

Alea Iacta Est (OOC)

• 377 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #30 on: <03-17-17/1755:32> »
Alright, since no one posted their RACE on their character sheet (except the elves, because of course elves want to be sure you know that they are elves), I was trying to decipher from context.  I'll edit in a moment.

+1 Karma for Jayde. That's awesome.

I may be able t get in an IC this weekend, but if not I'll roll my jump into the next IC on Monday.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <03-17-17/1814:26> »
Modified my sheet to include metatype, tribal affiliation, sex, ht, wt

considering KE = 1/2mv^2 (even  mitigated by it being a sideswipe vs head on), it's a lucky human indeed not to be seriously wounded or outright killed by a falling troll going around 40m/sec.  :)

Of course, I saw that sky diver who's chute failed in the 80s and the ground, bounced- not once, not twice but three times- and lived.
So anything is possible.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <03-17-17/1836:42> »
Human (+1 Skill, +1 Edge)

Jayde does not get +1 karma. Jayde gets a +1 "Reading is Hard" Glitch die.

But the Captain is a Logic 3, Charisma 6 elf, so who's surprised.

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #33 on: <03-17-17/1849:17> »
Wow. Now that's rolling. If those 6s could explode,  Dan Dan would have gone in through the window, landed in the one comfy chair and set the coffee to warm up in passing. As it is I suppose he'll look around and set up a field camp and triage point, stealthily.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <03-17-17/1908:51> »
@Pap, give us your Athletics and Survival rolls.

Alright, let's mix it up a bit. In the farmhouse your run into the free spirits of Ma and Pa. They were Injun-hating Anglos who believed in God, guns, and Old Glory, roughly in that order. They are now Lesser Spirits of Man, so -4 to all Attributes in the book. Everything else in the same. They also have with them their trusty dog Fido, a regular Spirit of Beasts (-2 to Attributes in the book).

Ma and Pa will use their Accident powers on you until you leave, which means that you are regularly falling through rotten floorboards, tripping on debris that wasn't there a moment ago, and other foibles that probably won't go on your permanent record but will make for embarrassing stories in the future, should you live. Fido will growl  but won't strike unless someone acts aggressively toward Ma and Pa.

Whether you want to leave them be or whether you want to dispatch them so that they don't go tattling on you to the military folks is up to you.

Here's their Initiative scores if anyone gets frisky:
Ma: Initiative: 2#4d6t5 0 hits
Pa: Initiative: 2#4d6t5 1 hit
Fido: Initiative: 6d6t5 2 hits

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <03-18-17/0040:29> »
Athletics 2 + AGI 5
AthleticsTest: 7d6t5 2

Survival 2 + WIL 5
SurvivalTest: 7d6t5 3

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <03-18-17/0049:25> »
You're golden.

I'm writing an IC post for the farmhouse now. Feel free to post as much as you like over the weekend but we won't advance again until early next week.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <03-18-17/0058:58> »
The IC is up. It focuses on Dan-Dan because he landed closest to the farmhouse and therefore got there first. Everyone else lands within 500 meters of the target and can be on the scene within a couple minutes. You're all free to act and participate.

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #38 on: <03-20-17/1358:55> »
Not his skillset but hey, let's roll the dice

Con 2 + cha 3

Fast talking, con + cha: 5d6t5 2

2 hits. Interesting. Let me know if this doesn't work. I'll roll initiative anyway, not sure how many dice.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <03-20-17/1432:07> »
@MDMann, what are you trying to accomplish with the Con roll? Again, you are free to roll the spirit's defense/resistance test as well. If you're not comfortable doing so, just let me know and I'll address it.

For initiative (this applies to everyone): as Prime Runners, your base dice pool is 8. From there you add +1 if you have a shadow amp or quality that provides additional plot points. Some of you have amps that provide additional attacks but not plot points, so per the book those don't count.

Here's what I calculate; let me know if you figure differently:

rednblack: 9 dice
GloriousRuse: 9 dice
Jayde Moon: 8 dice
MDMann: 8 dice
Pap Ranvela: 8 dice

@Everyone, You're all free to IC post in the farmhouse. There won't be any fighting unless you initiate it. Everyone should also RP the Accidents they suffer from the spirits, as there is no real way to resist them; they are inevitable, given enough time. (These Accidents are for Narrative purposes only, not for damage.) Jayde's IC post includes several excellent examples. Ité should almost certainly fall through the floor at some point. Other ideas include dropping weapons or equipment, tripping on untied boot laces, slipping on ice, etc.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #40 on: <03-20-17/1520:11> »
Note: I didn't have Chante suffer an accident, she still has her own spirit and using the guard power.  My next post will touch on this.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <03-20-17/1535:56> »
Sounds good.

I'm back at the office today and things are quieter than expected. I'm going to try to use this opportunity to finalize gear, weapons, and contacts. I haven't decided whether to post that here or to PM people individually. Stay tuned.

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #42 on: <03-20-17/1617:37> »
Initiative 3 hits

Initiative: 8d6t5 3

Ma and Pa resist con, 1 hit, 2 hits (defender wins dammit)
Ma resist: 4d6t5 1
Pa resist: 4d6t5 2

GloriousRuse

• Chummer
« Reply #43 on: <03-20-17/1623:46> »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <03-20-17/1651:00> »
(defender wins dammit)

Actually, this is an extremely important difference between SR5 and Anarchy. Thank you for the teachable moment.

Per p. 37: "If your hits equal or exceed the hits scored by the opposing dice, then your action was successful." (emphasis added)

Ties now go to the attacker, not the defender. I presume this is to encourage action and to propel the game forward, rather than into tie-induced stand-offs, but there are no more "glancing blows" either physically, socially, or otherwise.

As such, the con works: Swoopy starts it off and Dan-Dan chimes in with some details about the new base that these fine folks have surely noticed is being built in the middle of their cornfields. Ma and Pa stand down and become quite personable, going to far as to offer blessings, milk, and cookies.

Another important OOC aside: rednblack's post mentions Shiriki being deferential to the Captain. The "rank" structure, such as it is, wasn't intended to put Jayde Moon in the driver's seat for every decision. In the spirit of Anarchy, I very much want every player to feel enabled to move things forward without incurring the wrath of their CO. I asked for someone to be the CO because my past GMing experience has found that having someone "in charge" helps to break ties when players can't come to an OOC consensus. I'm certainly not a member of any special forces unit and I don't know how hierarchical they are, but for our purposes I'd like to assume that, as Wildcats, you are all recognized as professionals who are capable of taking the lead in any given situation so that Jayde doesn't have to continually chime in with a "yay" or "nay" on every proposed course of action.

Let me know if that makes sense. I'm trying to take the best components of shadowrunner egalitarianism but also have the military's "because I said so" clause to move things forward if we need it.
« Last Edit: <03-20-17/1653:35> by Tecumseh »