NEWS

Coyotes Errata

• 7 Replies

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« on: <12-26-13/0054:57> »
The Typical Very Easy Border Guard is shown as having Dodge 4 in his skills. Dodge is not a skill in 5th edition. Even considering that the table is supposed to be Dice Pools instead of Skill Ratings (which is confusing in and of itself, as it goes against the format used in the core book), his dice pool for dodging should be Reaction 3 + Intuition 4, which is 7 dice.

Problems with the Dodge pool seem systemic throughout the book, making me wonder how the number was achieved. Easy Boarder Guard has Dodge 6 (Reaction 3 + Intuition 5 should be 8), Normal Border Guard has Dodge 10 (Should be 9, R5 I4), Hard Boarder Guard has Dodge 12 (should be 11, R7 I4), Very Hard has Dodge 16 (Should be 12, R8 I4).

The Very Easy Border Host is said to be running 4 copies of Patrol IC, which isn't possible according to the matrix rules in the core rulebook. Hosts can only run one of each type of IC at a time. Another problem that appears repeatedly, as every Host is running multiple copies of IC

The Magical Protection at the Hard border is said to have a dozen Force 9 spirits, while the Very Hard border has a dozen Force 8 spirits. It seems like those should be the other way around.

Jock Bean, as a Troll with Body 7, should have a Physical Condition Monitor of 12, not 11.
His Armor is listed as 15. He has an Armor Jacket (12) and Aluminum Bone Lacing (+2), so his Armor should be 14. Nevermind, Natural Troll Armor.

Mendle the Magnificent has his Skills listed as Skill Ratings, unlike everyone else in the book, who have dice pools listed.
His Vehicle is listed as a Hyundai Hsin-Hyung. Should be Shin-Hyung
« Last Edit: <12-27-13/1629:50> by Ryo »

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #1 on: <12-26-13/0150:09> »
The Very Easy Border Host is said to be running 4 copies of Patrol IC, which isn't possible according to the matrix rules in the core rulebook. Hosts can only run one of each type of IC at a time. Another problem that appears repeatedly, as every Host is running multiple copies of IC

I've pointed this out a week ago. Sadly, nobody seems to care :-P
Speech | Matrix/Communication | Thought | Astral
“Forget hackers, I have my buddies Smith & Wesson: innovators of the point-and-click interface.”

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #2 on: <12-27-13/0700:40> »
Wouldn't Dodge be Gymnastics dicepools?
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <12-27-13/1211:49> »
Just quick note: Troll armor should be 12 jacket, +2 lacing, +1 racial troll. Seems right to me:)

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <12-27-13/1628:50> »
Just quick note: Troll armor should be 12 jacket, +2 lacing, +1 racial troll. Seems right to me:)

Of course! How silly of me.

Adrick

« Reply #5 on: <12-28-13/0941:13> »
Wondering about then multiple copies on host myself.  A host  can only run one copy and it takes a  bit to load a new copy. So maybe they are going to get rid of infinite IC relaunch when the FAQ finally comes out?  Could be a typo since most of that bar is copy pasted for each level of checkpoint  but the IC and numbers are different on each so the copies come across as deliberate.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #6 on: <01-24-14/1834:40> »
Page 15: "Note that each site typically also has a senior border guard with the same statistics as the other guards, except their Willpower is raised to 6 and they  have Leadership Skill 4. other than a Leadership Skill of 4 and Willpower Attribute of 6"

The highlighted sentence probably should not be present.

Page 16: "In addition, there is often an adept (use the Gunslinger Adept, p. 123, SR5) with a Force 1 weapon focus."

Is this supposed to be a weapon focus gun, or something else?  Guns can't be foci, can they?
« Last Edit: <01-24-14/1838:03> by Namikaze »
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #7 on: <01-27-14/1240:19> »
They can but they're useless unless you hit someone with it. I assume it just want you to use the stats and swap out the gun for something else? Not particularly clear
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor