NEWS

my 1st chummer

• 17 Replies

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <04-05-13/1635:05> »
That's a perfect example of why you shouldn't use Set-up. You'd be better off simply hitting your opponent. For one thing, Set-up is your attack so it eats the Counterstrike bonus. Second, even if you get a bigger bonus from Set-up, it's probably not enough bigger to offset the penalty your opponent would have gotten as a Wound Modifier if you hit them instead. Third, you might just knock your opponent out anyways.

viaRailGun

• Chummer
  • yipee ki yay...
« Reply #16 on: <04-05-13/1703:45> »
ya, i didn't realize you'd be re-rolling those net hits from counterstrike. so then forget riposte/set-up.

i saw something about a "ROUNDHOUSE!", kick+multi-strike really. i know m-s gives +1 before the split, but does the reach mod of kick apply before/after split? i think after. and when splitting a DP, must they be split evenly? or can one half be bigger than the other?

any opinions on the adept power "nerve-strike"?
Onward all you crystal soldiers.
Touch tomorrow, energize.

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <04-05-13/1906:23> »
Nerve strike has some uses for very niche character types, maybe perhaps. You don't want it on a primary combatant.

Dice pool splitting is odd because it's unclear what is a modifier and thus what applies after the split or before the split. They can definitely be split unevenly, though.