NEWS

Deathwishjoe PBP game OOC/IC

• 110 Replies

Kenshinjade

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <11-04-11/0732:36> »
Aideen nodded and looked over to the wageslave and sighed.  This poor fool probably has never done this before.  She looked back at Adelaide and motioned for her to follow.  Come along if you're coming, lets see what he has to say.  She said and sauntered over to the booth, she knew her outfit was flattering to her figure and she used that.  She slid into the booth and looked the man over. Are you our contact?  If you wanted to make reservations, you should have paid a little more for the nicer restaurants.  She said as she wrapped her tail around her lap, and stroked it.  Getting comfortable. This might be interesting.

Adelaide Willard

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <11-04-11/1100:29> »
Adelaide said her thanks to the barmaid prior to following the other female that apparently had not just been looking for someone, but for the same someone as her. "Interesting..." She moved into the seat beside her with grace and arranged her hands delicately on the table. Ashitara sat on the floor beside the table, her green eyes looking over the proceedings from just over the table's edge.

"Hello, 'Mr. Johnson.'" One eyebrow tweaked and she smirked playfully as she placed a gentle emphasis on the alias. "How may we be of assistance to you?"
The difference between genius and stupidity is Genius has its limits.

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <11-04-11/2127:08> »
The Johnson looks at the two of you up and down and when sit at his booth. "Who are you supposed to be.  Your not the ones I'm supposed to hire are you? I TOLD Benny I needed some people who could who could handle some rough business and he sends me two slitches who happen to be SURGE freaks on top of it."  He looks from side to side nerviously and you can see the sweat beading up just above his white colar. In a hushed voice he asks "Are the two of you certain your up to this. Neither of you look like you can handle a security guard. and the item I need you to 'acquire' for me is deffinatly going to be guarded"

Kenshinjade

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <11-04-11/2133:36> »
Aideen bristled at the comment from this little peon.  "I assure you, We can handle what is needed." She said as her claws scratched at the finish on the table, leaving deep furrows in the polish. "What is the item you need us to procure?" She said, imagining showing this racist what she could do to just his head.

Attempt at intimidation <a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3252304/">3d6.hits(5)=1</a>
« Last Edit: <11-04-11/2141:40> by Kenshinjade »

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <11-04-11/2146:02> »
I little startled by your physical display yet still suspicious at your combat abilities the Johnson replies with "I'm sure you understand that until the particulars are handled on price that I am reluctant to reveal anything to compromising however its a small item about a quarter of a meter squared and easily lift able by one or the other of you."

Adelaide Willard

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <11-04-11/2152:40> »
Adelaide was certainly offended by this, but saw no advantage in expressing as much now. Ashitara seemed to pick up on her master's agitation and released a long, low growl, though without baring her teeth. "Hush, Ashitara. He may be an ignorant bigot, but he may well be our employer should his anus relax enough to release his head. I'm sure some fresh air would do his ability to think clearly some good." So much for not expressing her feelings...

Ashitara - Intimidate - 5d6.hits(5)=2
Adelaide - Intimidate - 13d6.hits(5)=1

She returned her gaze to the fool which sat across from her. "I'm confident in my abilities because I know what they are. You, however, do not have that luxury. So, the only recourse I can see for you is to hire us and find out whether we are capable of fulfilling your needs. All you'd stand to lose should we die in the task is our retainer fees." She said all this in a light, matter-of-fact tone, ending her statement with an upward palmed gesture of presentation.

Adelaide - Negotiate - 13d6.hits(5)=2
« Last Edit: <11-04-11/2221:30> by RoseWinde »

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <11-04-11/2229:44> »
The Johnsons face turns beat red at hearing your comment but he keeps his mouth shut.  "Alright then this is the offer.  $2000 per person with 5% up front.  No more no less."  He leans back and and waits for your reply. 

3 negotiation and 3 charisma for the johnson hiring you. (6d6.hits(5)=2)

OOC:  Make a convincing arguement as to why you need to get more then roll your social skills with a  -3 dice modifier due to his being such a racist and the two of you not doing much to convince him otherwise. 

Kenshinjade

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <11-04-11/2238:44> »
Aideen looked at her fingers and sighed. "make it 3,000 and 10% up front.  Consider it a penalty for the insult and reparation fee." She said while drumming her fingers on the table, the claws making a clicking sound. "Or perhaps we should rip you a breathing hole, what with your head's current placement." She said while sipping at her beer, and grimacing.  She was going to Murray's after this.  I am going to have a word with Murray, though I hope he has some of his home brew.

intimidation= charisma  <a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3252434/">3d6.hits(5)=2</a>
« Last Edit: <11-04-11/2246:56> by Kenshinjade »

Adelaide Willard

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <11-04-11/2253:52> »
Adelaide looked to the fox beside her and gave a small nod, then looked back to Mr. Johnson with a faint smile. "Yes. I think 3000 is a fair price. I'll consider our re-education regarding your foolish prejudice complimentary." She winked at him. "I think the price is especially fair in light of how difficult you yourself proclaimed this task would be."

Adelaide - Negotiation - 10d6.hits(5)=7

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #24 on: <11-04-11/2302:52> »
resist intimidation (5d6.hits(5)=3)

"3,000?!?  what is this some sort of extortion racket?" He leans over the table and in a low voice full of venom "I bet I could go to any one of the trogs in this bar and hire them for a 10th of what I was offering you and they'd be greatful for the oppertunity to earns some Nuyen."  He shakes his head and replies back to Adelaide " ok, Ok, Ok.  2500 with 10% up front.  thats my final offer.  Do we have a deal."  he offers his hand over the table to shake on it.

OOC: Each net success on negotiation gave each of you an extra 100 Nuyen. 
« Last Edit: <11-04-11/2304:56> by deathwishjoe »

Kenshinjade

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <11-04-11/2308:30> »
Aideen looked to Adelaide and nods, letting Adelaide take his hand.  She was tempted to take his hand and rip it off. "That sounds good to me." She then turned back to the racist pig and glares. "Now what is this job, and we'll need to see images of it."

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <11-04-11/2328:38> »
" Well, I don't have any pictures but you'll know it when you see it.  You see I used to be a mechanical engineer and fuzzy logic designer for a subsidiary of MCT.  I was contracted with them to help them design the next Bust a Move toy in the series to be on the shelves in time for Christmas.  Well rather than paying my fair share they tried to muscle me out of the project even though I did 90% of the software on that blasted thing.  The design company is about to ship the prototype to the local headquarters this coming Friday.  Right now it’s under heavy guard and It’s probably not accessible.  However while its being moved in order to keep a low profile the security will be much less then it normally would.  Should just be a pair of guards protecting the prototype at that point.  Now I think I may have tipped my hand to them prematurely.  A contact of mine in the company told me that  they are apparently sending 3 vehicles to the headquarters along different routes and only one will have the prototype in it.  I need you to find out which of the routes will be used to send the real one and get the item while in transit to t he headquarters.  Then message me once you have the item and drop it off at this location.  its a locker at the local bus station I'll have rented out for the week.  You've got three days to get this done.  Understand?"

Adelaide Willard

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <11-04-11/2341:27> »
Adelaide gave a small nod of her head in acknowledgement of his question. "Yes. I understand." She turned to Aideen. "Shall we go?

Kenshinjade

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <11-04-11/2345:34> »
Aideen nodded and stood, but leaned over the table giving him an ample view of her cleavage. "Might I suggest you get to know some of the surge victims?  They're quite nice, and can be quite handy." She said and followed Adelaide out. "You wanna go some where the drinks don't taste like they came out of an ogre's armpit?" She asked as she reclaimed her gun from the bouncer, checking to make sure it wasn't scratched.

Adelaide Willard

• Newb
« Reply #29 on: <11-05-11/0013:27> »
Adelaide chuckled at her companion's assessment of the bar's drinks while taking in the gun in the fox's hands. "I'd like that very much.That's a bit on the small side, don't you think?" The corners of her lips twitched in poorly concealed amusement. Ashitara, not to be forgotten, rubbed her head into Adelaide's hand. Adelaide scratched behind the ears of her pet idly.