NEWS

Ragnar

• 4 Replies

Bane22

• Newb
« on: <07-29-12/1357:07> »
Tokyo harbor was bright at night. Lights flickering all across the grand ancient city. Neo-Tokyo was even larger, and the lights twinkled in Ragnar’s eyes as he stepped off of the prisoner ship, walking down the boarding ramp, Mozer staying close-by. “Tokyo?” He asked, rubbing his irritated eyes with his cuffed hands and pulled the blindfold back down over them. “Where’s Big Ben? I thought we were going to England?”

“No, lad.” Mozer said, shoving his hands into his pockets. “I don’t… Do medicine in England anymore, and there’s a reason I work in a prison instead of hospital. That rig was off the shore, not too far.” He swallowed. “Welcome to Japan, Mr. Ragnar.” The prisoners were filed into transports, and taken to a prison on the opposite side of the harbor. Hours passed by, and they were given cells, a meal, and an exercise period. The troopers walked along the walls, watching their convicts do their thing. The majority of the races were human in here, and quite a few were Japanese. They looked at Ragnar with disdain. One ex-Yakuza charged him in the field, and slammed his fist into the Dwarf’s face, shouting something in Japanese. Ragnar fell back and a few troopers restrained him, carrying him away. Ragnar was sent to Mozer, who was stationed in the medical facility.

The facility was white, pristine. Like most hospitals. Ragnar walked in, and was told by Mozer to sit upon the cot. “I told that man to hit you just so you could enter here. I actually told a great number of them to hit you, but none would. I guess that guy had guts. I wonder what they’re doing to him right now…?” He walked over and pulled the blindfold off of Ragnar’s face, and began to clean and fix his new cybereyes. “Did you read their report on you?”

“No… Why?” He asked.

“They said you were 5’4″.” Holmes smirked. Ragnar let out a laugh.

“I’m a damn Dwarf. I’m 3’6″ at least, mate.” The laugh continued. “MAYBE 3’7″…”

“Yeah, they were dumb over on the rig. Anyways, this’ll take a few hours to fix your eyes completely. Go to sleep.” He placed a mask over his mouth.

Bane22

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <07-29-12/1357:25> »
“Give me a police scanner.” Ragnar breathed as he sat up. Mozer handed him some goggles to at least replace the blindfold for now.

“But… why?” He asked.

“She’s here. She knows I am here, she came to this island looking for me. Give it to me. And if I ask, give me a way out of the complex.”

“Hai-… Uhh. Alright, chap. I’ll do just that!” He smiled and nodded. The scanner was small enough for him to fit into his convict overalls, and he had it plugged into his datajack all day long. Through lunch, exercise period, showers, dinner, and bed. The next few days were the same. Car thieves, burglars, assassinations, gunfights. He had to translate them all from Japanese, something he was glad to have learned at the Renraku arcology.

“One woman, purple hair, laughing, using great firepower outside police station.” He clicked it off. She was looking for him after all. He smiled. Now, to get out.

The next day, he visited Mozer’s office while awaiting for him to finish up a human who had lost a finger to a pair of sheers, and after sending him off, Mozer turned to him. “Yes, lad?” He asked.

“I need out.”

“Right right…” He walked into the other room and came out with some khaki pants, black dress shoes, a white shirt and tie, and black trench coat. “Been raining a lot, wear this stuff, it’ll hide you.”

“No. I have a bloody mohawk.” He started taking off his overalls as Mozer went to get something else. He at least put on the khakis, and Mozer brought him a tanktop with the Evo logo. Slipping it on, Mozer handed him his black combat axe.

“Go destroy her.” He nodded. Ragnar nodded back.

“How do I get out?”

“There’s a sewage exit in the showers. It was made in secret, used a few times before. Only one guy made it. Good luck lad.”

“Saying good luck means it’ll be boring. Why wish for such a thing?” He turned, without saying goodbye. Hopefully, he did not mean goodbye.

Bane22

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <07-29-12/1357:42> »
The sewers were dark, and wet. Though, disgusting was something they were not. The Japanese did have a thing for cleanliness after all, not limited to sewers. Ragnar crept along, the scanner still noisy in his ears. Apparently the madwoman was making her way to the armory. Then suddenly static. He took out the scanner and tossed to the stone ground, continuing on his merry way.

He came up in the middle of a Tokyo street, not far from the police station. Cars were crashed, and there weren’t many people around. Most were crying and screaming. A soft rain pattered down upon his shaven skull as he clambered up, bringing his axe up. The police station was a mess. Interceptors were overturned, bodies were sprawled about the lot. This woman was insane. He bent down, and smiled as he picked up an Ares Predator. Whoever wielded it before wouldn’t be needing it now.

The inside of the station was a mess. The entire far wall, desks, windows, etc, were all chewed up by whatever mad weapon she had possessed. Bodies. Everywhere. He continued, and then found a shirtless man squatting with his hands over his head in the cells. He was bald, and wore a goatee. Looking up at Ragnar, he smiled weakly. “She gone?”

“I don’t know. What’s your name?”

“Johan van Khold.”

“That sounds familiar… I think we may have worked together at one point.”

“Oy wait…” He stood up. “Yeah… The battle in Africa, right?” He asked.

“Maybe. I think. I have reason to believe that my mind was burnt not too long ago. Anyways, let’s get out of here.”

“Let’s head to the armory. I need a gun.” The Dwarf and human wandered the torn-up corridors of the station, and reached the armory. That was when they heard the thumping of her boots. “GET IN, LOCK THE DOOR.” Johan yelled as he shoved the Dwarf in. Johan turned and slammed the button with a fist, and the bulkhead closed and locked. There was a pause, more boots. “She has some sorta power armor..” He swallowed, “And a modified minigun. Got it from… I dunno. She came in, wiped everyone out, grabbed some stuff from this armory, and left. Damn…” Johan whispered, afraid. “I am not usually afraid of fighting, but damn, she’s not human, she’s not metahuman, she’s soulless.”

There was a scratching at the door, followed by a giggle. Then silence.

Bane22

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <07-31-12/0046:42> »
Hours had passed. In fact, Ragnar thought that a day had passed. His beard was growing, and that was not making him any less disgruntled. Across from him, Johan was a shivering, jittery mess. “What’s wrong with you, man?” The Dwarf asked out of curiosity.

“Drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. Why do ya think I’m in here, eh? They caught me, the Japanese Imperial police force got me in a deal. Damn em. Locked me up. Good thing, too. Maybe now I have a chance of getting the hell off the stuff.”

“I was addicted to a drug once, twenty years ago.” Ragnar snorted, rubbing the fuzz covering his chin. “Blue glass, it was called.” He leaned back against the armory wall, where hung some bulletproof vests. “Good times, not really, though. I was a tech-wiz. Brilliant. Drove all our runner’s vehicles and all that, too. Ha, never really wore a shirt, and always sported a mohawk.”

“You’ve got a mohawk now, Dwarf.”

“Yeah, that I do. I got bored in prison, really bored. Ever just wake up one day and decide you want to change something about yourself physically?” He nodded, more to himself. “Yup. Anyways, was bad. Bad addiction. Nearly killed some innocent people. Weened myself off it sometime in the early 60′s. You can do it too.” Johan nodded.

“So uh… She gone?” Johan asked, his hands shaking a lot as he tried to calm down and relax.

“I’ll check…” Ragnar pulled out his Ares pistol and opened the door, peeking out. There was but a note, on a desk blown nearly in half. It had on it an address, down the street. He looked to Johan, hiding in the shadows of the armory. “Get a gun.” He said, as the man grabbed a Savalette Penetrator, an anti-armor weapon. That’d do well…

They left the station, where the Imperial Army was gathering its forces to take down this horrid villain, and they managed to evade the military, who would have no doubt cuffed them, or even gunned them down in seconds. Several small businesses along the way were aflame, bodies filled the sidewalks. Car wrecks choked the streets. This was horrible, thought Ragnar. She was doing what she did all those damn years ago, when he was only ten. What was she? What did she want?

“Johan.” He asked. Johan looked down at him as they wandered the burning streets, the army preparing to move out behind them. “Did she say anything?” He asked.

“Yep.” Ragnar looked up at him.

“Oh? What?”

“Ha ha ha ha. I am going to kill every one of you. Ha ha ha ha. The worlds are going to collide. Then more laughing.” He spat at the ground. “There’s the building.” He said, pointing with the muzzle of his weapon, at a tall skyscraper.

“Righto, the note says she’d be on the rooftop… With a few hostages. Let’s go.”

“Ha, no.” Johan nodded at him, “Nice seein’ ya again!” And without even saying another word, he jumped a shredded car, and disappeared. Ragnar sighed, checked the ammunition in his pistol, and walked into the building.

Bane22

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <07-31-12/0108:45> »
The rooftop was cold at this time of morning. It was early, the sun was not even out. The military below were readying their assault still. Tanks, jeeps, and many, many soldiers ready to storm. Ragnar walked onto the roof, and felt the chill of the height instantly. "Cold?" Lillian asked, sitting on a block of concrete, smoking. "Have one of these." She offered him one. He waved it off.

"No. I'm here to do business." He said as calmly as he could. This was the woman who had killed his parents at least 60 years ago. She was obviously street samurai, and obviously had a lot of stuff done to her surgically to make her keep her youth. "Who are you, what are you?" She laughed, and pulled a Glock Bodygun from her boot, a simple hold-out pistol, and fired it into the head of a hostage.

"That is who I am." She muttered as the others screamed and wept, trying to reason with her in their own tongue. "Shut up." She said, "Or you're next."

"Why are you doing this?" He asked. "You... Annihilated my home, my section of Renraku arcology... Way back in 2030... Why'd you do that?" Lillian smirked, dropped the Glock to the rooftop, and drew a knife from her other boot, and tossed it into the neck of another hostage, and began to pout. He could see tears in her eyes.

"Ever since I was little, I could feel it. I could feel it, see it, sense it, but nobody else could. The worlds are colliding. All of us, fighting one another at once."

"Did you mean the 2012 apocalypse? That was a bunch of crap, you know that, right? We got a uh... Whole lot else instead." She snorted, and jumped up, grabbing him by his shirt and lifting him up as if he were nothing.

"I must fight you. I have to. It was what I... We were bred to do. I need to do this!!" She smiled, tears falling down her beautiful cheeks, and she began to laugh. "It is what I MUST simply do!!" She threw him across the roof. He smashed face-first into the rooftop, and blood oozed from his mouth. He wiped some of it away, and looked for his gun, but couldn't find it, so he took the axe off of his back. Lillian jumped to the next building over. In mid-air, she pulled out a detonator and switched the trigger. The entire midsection of the skyscraper was wracked by fire and smoke.

The building began to shake and tilt. It was going down. "Damn..." He thought. He ran over to the hostages, two of which were alive. "You two." He said, they looked up at him as he untied them. "We have a chance to live. Jump off. I had taken in a number of sights on my way up, there's..." Time, Ragnar, time. The building began to tilt more, and they began to slide. "Grab a damn cable!!" He shouted as they slid off into mid-air. A number of cables from window cleaning cages hung about, and Ragnar did not hesitate to snatch one in his grip. One of the Japanese hostages fell, the other managed to grab a hold of the rope. Thankfully, the other hostage landed safe, bellowing in pain, however. But the building was still coming down. "SWING!!" Ragnar shouted, and they began to swing. They then flung themselves into the next building just as they heard the crash and explosions of the other. This was when the military jumped into action, charging the place.