NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1725 on: <08-08-13/0833:40> »
I guess I need to group with some innocent people I want to live longer. Lets try your way to contact Brick, i'll pay good doctor a visit.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1726 on: <08-10-13/2314:53> »
@Ren:
Technomancers are cool too.  If you wanna play just send me your character, and once I approve it you can just climb aboard.

@Everyone:

So i'm starting the UB 9 IC thread so you can put your conversations in there.  Since right now you're trying to figure out what's going on with the ambush that happened, we'll open up the UB format for now to look more like a regular play-by-post.
So Zach and Storm can do their discussions and their legwork and when our hacker player wants to climb aboard he can climb right in.
« Last Edit: <08-10-13/2338:53> by inca1980 »

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #1727 on: <08-11-13/0022:05> »
any room left?
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1728 on: <08-11-13/1258:58> »
@Raiden:

If you can get me a character sooner than Ren then you're in.  But it's gotta be a decker or technomancer char.

@Everyone:

Ok, so I'm gonna be going back and changing the rules and guidelines for UB to take account of the new edition as soon as I got some time.  One thing right off the bat though is that now with limits and with many things affecting limits, you'll have to include the limit when you post any die rolls.  So for example if I shoot someone, I want

Agility 6 + Pistols 6 [Accuracy 5 + Lasersight 1= 6] (12d6.hits(5)=3).

or

Agility 6 + Sneaking 5 [Physical 4] (11d6.hits(5)=4)

So put all the accuracy with modifiers inside the square brackets.  I know this is more tedious than 4e but limits are very important in the SR5 rules so we gotta keep track of them and I can't be looking at your character sheet to calculate a limit for every die roll.

We'll all work together to get more and more familiar with the 5e rules!

@Storm:
Make sure to read up on Watchers since they've changed a bit.  Now they are a Ritual and you have to choose a force. 
« Last Edit: <08-11-13/1419:45> by inca1980 »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1729 on: <08-12-13/1701:41> »
@Thermo:
Remember, with increase attribute you need the force to be higher than the augmented value.  So for example if you want to attempt to increase your willpower from 5 to 9 you need to cast at force 9 not at force 5.  SR5 pg 288 says under Increase Attribute spell: 
 "The Force of the spell must equal or exceed
the (augmented) value of the Attribute being affected.
The Attribute is increased by an amount equal to the hits
scored, up to the target’s augmented maximum (any hits
that would increase the Attribute beyond its augmented
maximum are ignored). Each Attribute can only be affected
by a single Increase Attribute spell at a time.
Note that increasing an Attribute may affect other"

So just reroll those Attribute spells taking that into consideration.  Then also remember that to summon a spirit the opposed test with the spirit is limited by your force i.e. Summoning + Magic [Force] vs. Spirit's Force.  You can change this limit by using Reagents, where the new limit becomes the number drams you use.  Drams cost 20 nuyen and have no availability so if you spend the nuyen you can just get them. 

@Everyone:
So Ren got me his Hacker and he's gonna be the new guy on board.  I'll IC something that gets him into the action.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1730 on: <08-12-13/1901:15> »
@Inca: I just reread that section and it appears to be largely the same as it was in 4th edition. The way it reads to me is that if I were casting Increase Agility on someone that had natural agility 3 plus two points of muscle toner, I'd need to cast it at force 5. Since the maximum any attribute can be increased is +4, I could only improve it to a total of 7. Basically what I'm getting from the book is that I need to cast at force equal to or greater than the augmented attribute at its pre-casting value, not its final value.

You're right on the calculation on spirits, I should have gotten three services, not four. How does the limit[Force] get applied to the opposed test? does it affect the net hits or the hits used during the test? AKA, if I summoned a F3 spirit and I got four hits and the spirit got just one, would I have three services or two?

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1731 on: <08-13-13/0117:23> »
@Thermo:

Ok, I was reading that wrong, I interpreted the "(augmented)" part to mean the attribute value after it has been augmented by the spell, so you're good.  As for the limit on the opposed test it applies to your hits only and then after you apply the limit you calculate net hits.  So say on your Summoning 7 + Magic 4  [Force 3] test you got 4 hits.  Well you can only take 3 of those hits, so the total number of hits you got is 3.  Now the spirit roles 3 dice and say it gets 1 hit.  That means you have 2 net hits.  So in your case you're right that you have 3 net hits for the summoning test. 

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1732 on: <08-13-13/2024:05> »
@Ren:
Stake is ready to IC so respond to Storm's message and then IC whatever you want.
« Last Edit: <08-13-13/2026:02> by inca1980 »

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1733 on: <08-14-13/1659:14> »
Starting money for Stake: 1150 + 3d6*60 = 1810
starting money (3d6=11)
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1734 on: <08-15-13/0825:55> »
@Thermo: what is the sender ID in your message? Did Storm use her own alias or a different one?
Bulldog
Stake

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1735 on: <08-15-13/2032:42> »
Storm sent it using a fake SIN, a fresh-out-of-the-box-still-in-the-original-packaging rating 5 SIN under the name Jerzet Ma’kolbx.

@Inca: Storm's got one additional fake SIN, a cheap-o r1 SIN that she uses to pay her shady landlord, pay for cab fare, buy soydogs at the local street vendor, etc.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1736 on: <08-16-13/0115:33> »
Storm sent it using a fake SIN, a fresh-out-of-the-box-still-in-the-original-packaging rating 5 SIN under the name Jerzet Ma’kolbx.

@Inca: Storm's got one additional fake SIN, a cheap-o r1 SIN that she uses to pay her shady landlord, pay for cab fare, buy soydogs at the local street vendor, etc.

also acessid has been changed by zach iirc

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1737 on: <08-16-13/1049:26> »
Starting tomorrow, i may not be able to post for three days. I'll try to get to a computer but i can't guarantee success.
Bulldog
Stake

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1738 on: <08-16-13/1505:41> »
@Everyone:
Remember, access IDs are a relic of the old 4e Matrix.   5e doesn't talk about access ID and doesn't really lay out clearly the process of recognizing a device or persona and trying to change that ID.  If you guys can find some 5e RAW that would help illucidate this that would be great.  As far as I can tell in the new matrix, once you see an icon you can always recognize that icon on closer inspection so you cant really "change" your identity only your appearance.  People will know with a matrix perception test if they've seen a persona before.  Same goes for marks.  If they've seen u before they will know that a mark  belongs to ur persona.  So the real goal is to not get u physical location traced.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1739 on: <08-22-13/1414:52> »
LOL

@Inca: This:
...The paranoia of the last few days has not gotten any better and your first instinct is to draw your weapons...
was Exactly what jumps up in my mind. But you continued that we keep this under controll, so IMO Zach`s cool as hell :)