NEWS

Upcoming Shadowrun releases

• 1367 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #465 on: <07-12-14/1714:48> »
This is what has stopped me every time I've thought "Gee, it'd be fun to actually write up this game Idea I have and try to publish it".  I've come close to trying several times, but in the end I always went "Screw it, I'll work on Shadowrun instead and let THEM deal with the headaches".

scotthiller

• Newb
« Reply #466 on: <07-13-14/0440:09> »
The Almanac, Shadows of Series of location books are GREAT! Awakened Lands is awesome, too! Any plans for a book dedicated to Africa and the Middle East soon?

Ogrebear

• Newb
« Reply #467 on: <08-11-14/1942:27> »
Are we likely to see a SR5 Runner Companion coming out?

Is anything similar already in the works please?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #468 on: <08-11-14/2147:22> »
Running Faster is the book I think you're referring to. While we don't have a date, there have been "comments" about it being in process and we've seen the cover illustration.

Ogrebear

• Newb
« Reply #469 on: <08-14-14/0645:44> »
Running Faster is the book I think you're referring to. While we don't have a date, there have been "comments" about it being in process and we've seen the cover illustration.

Thanks for that info!

Would you know how comparable the SR4 Runners Companion is with SR5 please?

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #470 on: <08-14-14/0854:10> »

Thanks for that info!

Would you know how comparable the SR4 Runners Companion is with SR5 please?

Unfortunately, those in a position to answer that question are contractually prevented from doing so.  Solely based on the cover, it's safe to assume that metavarients will also be in this version.  I'd expect more positive/negative qualities as well.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #471 on: <08-14-14/0858:24> »
Solely based on the cover, it's safe to assume that metavarients will also be in this version
Likely sapient critters, too. It'd be a safe bet to say most of RC's character options would return; possibly even some extra with the introduction of CFD.

callmedinosaur

• Newb
« Reply #472 on: <08-15-14/0357:54> »
Solely based on the cover, it's safe to assume that metavarients will also be in this version
Likely sapient critters, too. It'd be a safe bet to say most of RC's character options would return; possibly even some extra with the introduction of CFD.

I'm not gonna lie i've been crossing my fingers for playable headcase rules in either Run Faster or the 5e augment book pretty much as soon as Stolen Souls came out

Here's to hoping!
rawr rawr

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #473 on: <09-03-14/1227:39> »

With bonus copy-and-paste, doesn't-make-sense-in-5th-ed editing errors, too?  :P

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #474 on: <09-03-14/1609:11> »
onna lie i've been crossing my fingers for playable headcase rules in either Run Faster or the 5e augment book pretty much as soon as Stolen Souls came out

In Heaven's name, why?!
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #475 on: <09-03-14/1751:26> »
With bonus copy-and-paste, doesn't-make-sense-in-5th-ed editing errors, too?  :P
::)

I've been crossing my fingers for playable headcase rules in either Run Faster or the 5e augment book pretty much as soon as Stolen Souls came out
In Heaven's name, why?!
You need ask? Pretty much anything that looks like a viable character option will have supporters for it becoming such. Stolen Souls gives info for playing a victim - not so much for being the headcase that's left when the struggle is over.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #476 on: <09-03-14/2106:17> »
onna lie i've been crossing my fingers for playable headcase rules in either Run Faster or the 5e augment book pretty much as soon as Stolen Souls came out

In Heaven's name, why?!

It'd be interesting in the black-hat sense.  Sort of like how some people enjoy playing the Corp-Sec or cyberzombies or cyborgs or something, some might want to be the Sybil virus.  Not my cup of tea, but I see the attraction. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #477 on: <09-06-14/1659:25> »
Pulled from GTM 174/175:

Alphaware Series - Magic & Gear Cards - Oct 2014
Hell on Water (adventure in Lagos) - Oct 2014
Sprawl Sites - Corporate Hideouts - Oct 2014
Run Faster - Nov 2014

Of course, these dates are not set in stone, but do give us some nominal idea as to what coming down the pipe. ;)

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #478 on: <09-06-14/1944:32> »
Ah...so Run Faster could at best come out end of this year and at worst early next year?

I'm game.
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #479 on: <09-06-14/2026:46> »
Really no idea...the dates listed in GTM aren't reliable at all...more used for trade solicitation, I think. That being said, it would be very nice to see Run Faster under the Christmas tree this year ;D