Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #76 on: <05-12-15/1709:22> »
No edge refresh yet.  It'll come at least as fast as in the book i.e. 8 hours of sleep and a full meal. 

Roll Area knowledge (the Jungle) (3) to see if you have seen Kubiak before.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #77 on: <05-12-15/2353:27> »
Kubiak who?: 9d6t5 3

Alright, that'll do it. I'll get an IC up in the morning.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #78 on: <05-18-15/1740:08> »
Well, 2k means an armor vest for everyone! Who else is down?

Alternately, 500 could also buy two of the following three things; a Ballistic mask with a set of trodes in it, A low power machine pistol, and a crappy commlink.

Tough decision...
« Last Edit: <05-18-15/1821:39> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #79 on: <05-19-15/1055:52> »
We'll use the normal availability rules.  I also forgot to ask, could everyone tell me what the Karma expenditures are in OOC?

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #80 on: <05-19-15/1130:09> »
We'll use the normal availability rules.  I also forgot to ask, could everyone tell me what the Karma expenditures are in OOC?

I bought Locksmith: 1.

Thinking about upping Palming to 2, but I think I'd rather work on a Specialization next, so I'm saving up.  I have good feelings about this group sticking around, so hopefully that's not a bad call.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #81 on: <05-19-15/1319:48> »
Well, I have a good track record of PbP.  Sure, I've GM'd one or two shadowruns that petered out, but I've finished 11 Urban Brawl adventures, and 1 very in-depth adventure called Road to Redmond and we got a decent way through Road to Redmond II in my almost 5 years on this board.  I'm having a blast GM'ing The Jungle so I would say saving up Karma isn't a losing option. 

In terms of loot, you guys already came in with the expectation that this would be pretty bare-bones so I'm trying not to let nuyen-creep get away from me :)  So be creative, maybe think about what can be purchased for the team instead of an even split.....but that might be hard given the personalities of the characters.  At the same time, shadowrunners, aside from gear, edge and mojo, usually count their team as their biggest asset of all because it's what gets the job done best.
« Last Edit: <05-19-15/1325:47> by inca1980 »

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #82 on: <05-19-15/1408:14> »
In terms of loot, you guys already came in with the expectation that this would be pretty bare-bones so I'm trying not to let nuyen-creep get away from me :)  So be creative, maybe think about what can be purchased for the team instead of an even split.....but that might be hard given the personalities of the characters.  At the same time, shadowrunners, aside from gear, edge and mojo, usually count their team as their biggest asset of all because it's what gets the job done best.

As a player, this is what I expect, and I'm totally on board with it.  I like the low-level feel.  But Chaim is 17 and wants the world now, so I figured it was in character for him to look a gift horse in the mouth.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #83 on: <05-19-15/1611:10> »
If anyone on the team had even a basic level of equipment, I'd be ALL OVER buying something BIG for the team, but as of now, most of us have fewer than 5 soak dice and are unarmed. We are at the level where any one of us can be one shotted by a ganger with a bat and low dice pools. We need basic gear first before we start buying big shit, y'know?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #84 on: <05-19-15/1702:20> »
I think 4 armored bests is the way to go. It'll spend all our cash, but it's 9 extra soak dice apiece.

Maybe someone would want to go with armored clothing, and try to get a better weapon, but I want that armor
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #85 on: <05-19-15/1938:46> »
I think 4 armored bests is the way to go. It'll spend all our cash, but it's 9 extra soak dice apiece.

Maybe someone would want to go with armored clothing, and try to get a better weapon, but I want that armor

I was thinking a Ballistic mask and a crappy gun. 2 more soak dice is better than nothing, y'know?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #86 on: <05-22-15/1634:00> »
So I"m feeling that on a vote it's pretty much Xem against and the rest for or are we discussing it still?  By all means keep IC'ing the discussion.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #87 on: <05-22-15/1741:13> »
So I"m feeling that on a vote it's pretty much Xem against and the rest for or are we discussing it still?  By all means keep IC'ing the discussion.

Xem isn't against, exactly. He just dun feel good about it.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #88 on: <05-22-15/2055:52> »
Rat's dream is to run in the shadows, and that's what this feels to him, so he's 110% in this and will push others in that direction.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #89 on: <05-24-15/0440:41> »
Rat's dream is to run in the shadows, and that's what this feels to him, so he's 110% in this and will push others in that direction.
yup-Rat seems like the gung-ho type :)
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral