NEWS

OOC: The Jungle

• 139 Replies

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <02-26-15/0750:46> »
Have the crunch done, it and the background will be posted up here shortly.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #16 on: <02-27-15/1452:36> »
Has anyone heard back from the OP yet?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <02-27-15/1518:52> »
Has anyone heard back from the OP yet?

Nope
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <02-27-15/1640:37> »
Nope. That's a little worrying isn't it?
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <02-27-15/1706:31> »
Sorry guys, was handling the recruiting through PM's and didn't post to OOC yesterday.  So we have four characters now and if for some reason one of the current people stops posting or they want out then i'll open it up again for more.  We'll handle a few things more over PM and then we'll start the adventure at the latest by tues or wed next week. 

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <02-27-15/1711:47> »
Ok, that's no problem. I'm up if anybody leaves, just send me a PM.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #21 on: <02-27-15/1924:21> »
Assuming recruitment is still open.

I'd like to play a mundane, so I'll need to know if Sum to Ten is an option with char gen.  Really interested in the world here, and think this has the potential to be an incredible game.  I tend to back story first, and build later, so if you're not interested in the char, let me know, and I'll bow out.  The crunch is less fun for me, and I'd rather not waste the time if the char isn't going to make the cut.

Limits and Preferences: I can usually post once a day M-F, sometimes more.  I am generally unavailable on the weekends.  I live CST.  5th edition is the first edition of SR that I've played, and I absolutely love it.  Like a lot of people my age, my first exposure to SR was the Sega and SNES games, and I also GMed a lot of SR flavored homebrew games over the years, usually with very simple mechanics that my friends could grab onto easily.  I GM 2 PbP games on this forum, and am a player in another 2.  I like gritty, dark, games with a fair amount of politics, and I prefer to play conflicted characters who are still trying to figure out how exactly they can hold onto a few shreds of humanity in a world that doesn't care about them.

== Info ==
Name: Chaim Delgado
Street Name: Fleek
Ethnicity: Jewban
Metatype: Elf
Height: 187 cm
Weight: 81 kg
Movement: 16/32
Total Karma: 8
Current Karma: 6
Karma Expenditures: 2
Composure: 8
Judge Intentions: 10
Lift/Carry: 7 (60 kg/40 kg)
Memory: 7
Nuyen: 44

== Priorities ==
Metatype: C - Elf
Attributes: A - 24 Attributes
Special: D - Adept
Skills: B - 36 Skills/5 Skill Groups
Resources: E - 44¥

== Attributes ==
BOD: 3
AGI: 8
REA: 5
STR: 4
CHA: 5
INT: 5
LOG: 4
WIL: 3
EDG: 3
MAG: 3

== Qualities ==
Positive
Adept
Agile Defender (3)
Mentor Spirit (Rat) (5)
Hawk Eye (3)
School of Hard Knocks (4)
Home Ground -- On the Lam
Home Ground -- Street Politics
-14 karma total

Negative
Did You Just Call Me Dumb (3)
Signature (US pennies) (10)
Vendetta (Otis Boys) (10)
+ 23 Karma Total

== Derived Attributes ==
Essence:                   6
Initiative:                10 + 2d6
Rigger Initiative:         10 + 2d6
Astral Initiative:         10 + 2d6
Matrix AR Initiative:      10 + 2d6
Matrix Cold Initiative:    5 + DP + 3d6
Matrix Hot Initiative:     5 + DP + 4d6
Physical Damage Track:     10
Stun Damage Track:         10

== Limits ==
Physical: 6
Mental: 6
Social: 7
Astral: 7

== Active Skills ==
Animal Handling        : 1                      Pool: 6
Automatics                   : 4                      Pool: 12
Blades (Knives)           : 4                      Pool: 12 (14)
Computer:                    :2                       Pool: 6
Con (Fasttalk)             : 4                       Pool: 9 (11)
Intimidation:                 : 2                       Pool: 7
Locksmith                    :1                        Pool: 9
Palming:                       : 1                       Pool: 9
Perception (Visual)    :4                        Pool: 9 (12)
Pilot Ground Craft:     :1                        Pool: 6
Pistols (Semi-Auto)    : 4                       Pool: 12 (14)
Sneaking (Urban)       : 4                       Pool: 14 (16)
Survival (Urban)          :1                       Pool: 4
Throwing Weapons (Blades): 1         Pool: 9 (11)
Unarmed Combat (Carromeleg): 3   Pool: 11 (13)

Skill Groups:
Athletics: 2
Influence: 3

== Knowledge Skills ==
Area Knowledge: Seattle (The Jungle)    : 4          Pool: 9 (11)
Philosophy (Continental)                             : 2          Pool: 6 (8)
Religion (Judaism)                                        : 1         Pool: 5 (7)
Gangs (The Cutters)                                     : 4          Pool: 9 (11)
Security Design                                             : 3          Pool: 8
Music (Reggaeton-core)                              : 3          Pool: 8 (10)
Street Drugs                                                   : 3           Pool: 8
Sprawl Life                                                      : 3          Pool: 8

Languages
English -- N
Spanish (Jungle Dialect)                             : 5         Pool: 10 (12)
Hebrew                                                           : 2         Pool: 7

== Martial Arts ==
Carromeleg
-- Riposte
-7 karma

== Adept Powers ==
Natural Immunity 2 (From Mentor Spirit)
Combat Sense (1 PP)
Improved Attribute: Agility (1 PP)
Improved Reflexes 1 (1.5 PP)

== Contacts ==
Lupe (Gang Member) 2/4
ReX-0 (Old Geezer round the way) 1/2
Liga (Street Walker) 2/2
Annette (Street Doc) 1/1

== Gear ==
Knife (X3) 15¥
Ski Mask 5¥
1 Use Gloves (3) 6¥
Cram (X3) 30¥
Novacok (X2) 20¥
24¥ left over

Background:  The middle of three boys raised by a single mother, Chaim is arguably the favorite.  His eldest brother, David, is doing time in a KE facility -- following an unfortunate altercation involving a few orks and a screwdriver at a local dive bar -- and the youngest, Ethan, well how many 13 year-old cram heads have you met that turned out ok?  Yes, Chaim is the darling child, the one Bina is certain will get a scholarship one day, and then a SIN, and then a nice steady job with at least a C rated corp doing something respectable.  No way she'll stand for him to end up like his brothers, or his dad for that matter, who's never given Chaim anything besides his last name.

Chaim, of course, has other plans.  Sure, he keeps up with his studies, and sometimes he even attends school, but growing up in the Plastic Jungle has a way of putting the concerns of today over the plans of tomorrow.  And all that reading that Chaim's done, well it's had a bit of the opposite affect on him from what his mother would like.  Nietzsche, Freud, and a little adolescent angst has made Chaim a little less concerned with success according to what the trideos would like to sell you, and then there's his friends to consider: thugs and street rats the lot of them.  So, he lies, and he cheats, and he runs some scams now and then, and he's found that besides talking real pretty, he has a knack for getting himself into places where he just shouldn't be.  A nice payday usually follows, or as nice a one that a kid of his age could really expect.  In the eyes of a 17 year-old, what world doesn't look closed off and desolate, while ripe for exploitation and malleable at the same time?  Fleek's ready.  Unfortunately, the world is all too ready for him.

Starting ¥: Starting ¥: 1d6 1
« Last Edit: <05-19-15/1127:11> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <02-28-15/0143:27> »
Updated my initial post to include the character i whipped up.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <03-01-15/1549:11> »
character sheet updated with details on contacts.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <03-03-15/0458:33> »
Any word on this?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <03-03-15/0926:52> »
Just waiting on the editing of one more character sheet.  So we're starting later today or tomorrow.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <03-03-15/1220:39> »
Here is a short list of the most well known gangs that operate inside and right around the jungle.  There are many more posse's and clicks that have various degrees of organization, but these are the gangs which have the most impact.
Top Tier:
-Cutters:  Control all entrances into the jungle and have been able to exclude most open activity of opposing gangs for the past 3 years due to their sheer size.  They merely tolerate local pick-up street gangs and view them as fertile grounds for recruiting.  The Cutters main spiel to keep people on their side is that they keep the 162's (ghoul gang) at bay.  They use the threat of these boogie men any time they push the envelope too far and they feel the populace starting to turn against them.  Kubiak tolerates the Cutters for the time being due to the pseudo-stability they create.
-Ancients(elven):  Their dream is to move into the Jungle because of the money that can be made off of all the drug/bender use, but due to an agreement involving downtown dock-space with the Cutters, the Jungle is off limits to them for the time being.

Lower Tiers:
-The 162's(ghoul):  They are the most dangerous gang right outside the Jungle.  They tend to stay more towards the Rat's Nest due to the easy pickings there but when they get hungry enough or need a big score they raid the jungle for body parts.
-Royal Riders:  Local gang of kids who ride around on piecemeal bicycles.  Very low tier.  Mainly serve as bag-kids for Cutters.
-K-9 Hounds (K9H):  Local gang of kids who always walk around with vicious dogs, even the occasional pet hell-hound and barghest.  Have a little more autonomy from the Cutters due to their impressive guard dogs, but they never let their activity get beyond a level that would threaten Cutter pockets.
-Good Medicine (Meds):  A group of kids that use deepweed as a means of getting in the right state of mind and trying to see the positive side of living in the Jungle. 
-Freaky-Deeky: Gang of changling kids which came together to protect each other.  Most of them were abandoned at birth or thrown out at puberty when their mutations manifested.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #27 on: <03-03-15/1243:24> »
Chaim's sheet is updated.  Will flesh out contacts more once I get a better understanding of The Jungle if that's kosher. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <03-03-15/1456:57> »
Posting Hydroraven's char sheet here to have a temporary link to it.

Name: Mickey Featherstone
Alias: Rat
Race: Ork
Sex: Male
Nationality: UCAS
Lifestyle: Street
Karma Spent: 0
Nuyen:
Priorities
Metatype   Attributes   Magic/Resonance   Skills   Resources
C   B   D   A   E

Overflow Boxes: 5
Inherent Limits
Mental   Physical   Social
5   7   5

Physical Description: 6’1”, 110 kg, short, brown hair and black eyes. Has many scars on his back and on his chest and his left tusk is broken.
Personality/background Mickey grew up an orphan in the Barrens. Abandoned by his parents probably because they were too young to take care of a baby, he was taken in by a local orphanage. As is too common with these things, Mickey had a hard time fitting in and had no respect for authority. He soon found his way out of the orphanage and into the cold, harsh streets. He survived by making a few friends and stealing for a living.

Nothing was too low for Mickey, as he pickpocketed, begged, kidnapped and stole to get any cred he could get his hands on. One day, with two other buddies of his, he made the mistake of trying to lift a shipment. He never bothered to ask himself why Aztechnology was out in the Barrens, just jumping on the chance to make it big both with a large paycheck and the recognition of having knocked one of the Big Ten. Unfortunately, this mistake was a lesson Mickey would never forget: they got caught and everyone was tortured, but Mickey was chosen to be the one to deliver the message that one should never mess with Aztechnology. His buddies were eventually killed and Mickey returned, scarred, to his bottom-feeding life in the Barrens.

Attributes

Body   Agility   Reaction   Strength
5   5   5   5
Willpower   Intuition   Logic   Charisma
3   5   3   2
Edge   Magic/Resonance   Essence   Initiative
1   NA   6   10+1D6

Positive Qualities
Hawk eye
High Pain Tolerance 1
Home Ground – On the Lam
Home Ground – Street Politics
Perceptive
Toughness
Negative Qualities
Hobo with a Shotgun
Records on File - Aztechnology

Active Skills
Athletics (Group)    3
Close Combat (Group)   4
Stealth (Group)   3
Perception (Visual +2)    4 (6)
Locksmith    3
Forgery   3
Pistols   4
Longarms (Shotguns +2)    4 (6)
Throwing Weapons   4
Automatics    4
Escape Artist   4
Disguise    4
Tracking    4
Navigation    3
Free-Fall    3

Knowledge Skills
Hangouts (Criminal) (Street)   3
Hangouts (Safehouses) (Street)   2
Street Gangs (Seattle) (Street)   3
Security Design (Professional)   3
Politics (Underworld) (Street)   3
Language Skills
English   N
Or’zet   2

Cyber/Bioware

Gear
Survival Knife   100¥

Contacts
Contact      C/L
Charley (Fixer)      3/5
Doc (Street Doc)      1/3
Zhang Yi (Street Walker)      2/4
« Last Edit: <03-04-15/0927:55> by inca1980 »

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <03-04-15/0329:59> »
I did all of this by hand, so if anyone spots anything strange (besides the priorities having 2 Es), please feel free to let me know and I will gladly rectify :)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix