• Chummer
« on: <03-23-16/2047:41> »
does the bonus for Move-By-Wire is

for rating 2 : +1D6, +2 Reaction, +6 Initiative
for rating 3 : +2D6, +3 Reaction, +9 initiative

Blue Rose

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <03-23-16/2213:18> »
Funny enough, there's nothing in there saying Move-by-Wire is not subject to the augmented maximum of +4 direct bonus to initiative, so in theory, it would cap and you wouldn't get the full +6 or +9, but that's obviously not rules as intended.

However, per the book, the bonuses are as follows.

Rating 1: +1 Reaction, +3 Initiative.
Rating 2: +2 Reaction, +6 Initiative, +1d6 Initiative.
Rating 3: +3 Reaction, +9 Initiative, +1d6 Initiative.

You don't get a second die that way.

That said, the move-by-wire system is only incompatible with other augmentations that boost reaction.  You can still use spells and chems.  Jazz will give you +2d6, and if your mage can manage two hits on your essence 0.04 butt, you can get that last die for 5d6, with Reaction at your augmented maximum.  You wouldn't get above +9 direct to initiative, though, because you're already above the augmented maximum.  Cerebellum Booster, though, would let you squeak out just a little bit more by boosting Intuition.

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <03-23-16/2305:57> »
Augmented Maximum is for Mental and Physical Attributes- Initiative is neither. It's a derived stat.

So, gift your Mage a Force 1 Health sustaining Focus and enough regents to get to limit of 4 and let him cast Increase Reflexes. If he gets 4 net hit that's an additional 4+2d6 Initiative. Assuming a soft capped REA and INT, easily 23+4d6 (39 avg).

Blue Rose

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <03-23-16/2326:42> »
Ah, my bad.  I recalled Wired Reflexes stacked with Reaction Enhancers breaking a cap, and thought it was augmented initiative, but I was mistaken.

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <03-23-16/2329:15> »
Ah, my bad.  I recalled Wired Reflexes stacked with Reaction Enhancers breaking a cap, and thought it was augmented initiative, but I was mistaken.

Well- at least you didn't add 23+14 and get 39 instead of 37.