NEWS

Shadowland/Jackpoint Members List (Updated 4/23/23)

• 313 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #15 on: <09-06-10/1908:40> »
Yeah. I didn't include that on the list because the Α and Ω were codes to identify the different speakers, not what they called each other or anything.

grid10

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <09-06-10/1918:33> »
Do you know how many of them have died?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #17 on: <09-06-10/1929:56> »
I've recorded deaths when it's been mentioned. Here's the list I have (so far, I'm still reviewing some stuff):

Diabolique, d. Crash 2.0
Fatima (female black ork magic-user), d. 6/8/2071
HAL9000, unknown
HeadCrash, d. 4/2063
Juggler, d. Crash 2.0
Matador (Juan Samuel Pererya, mercenary, Picador's mentor), d 2062
Matrixmaster, d 8/8/2054
Monk, unknown
The Neon Antichrist, d. 4/2063
Nighthawk, d. 4/2063
Nocturne, d. 12/28/2061
Ricochet Rita, d. 4/2063
Rikki, d. 4/2063
Roderigo, d. 3/2057
Thumper (dwarf decker), d Crash 2.0
Warthog, d. 4/2063
Wedge, d. 4/2063

Captain Chaos, "Saved" during Crash 2.0

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #18 on: <09-07-10/0527:56> »
Yeah. I didn't include that on the list because the Α and Ω were codes to identify the different speakers, not what they called each other or anything.

So do you know who those posters were supposed to be??
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #19 on: <09-07-10/0528:48> »

AHH but was he??
Joel "Casazil" Rogers

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #20 on: <09-07-10/0811:49> »
Just FYI, "The Old Man" referenced in the Germany Sourcebook and the "The Old Man" referenced in Target: Matrix are two different characters. I had nothing at all to do with the former, and everything to do with the latter. The "Old Man" referred to in T:M was murdered on 06/22/2063, the body discovered on 06/23/2063 (SOTA64, p 147).

It's not canon (haven't found any way to really work it in), but Texas 2-Step died in Crash 2.0, pretty much as he lived (fighting the Azzies). Ditto for Midnight Angel, who went down with his ship (Azziewatch got pretty messed up during Crash 2.0, but it did survive). Since these were both characters I introduced, I feel like I can be reasonably definitive on those two.

All three of these characters (Old Man, Texas 2-Step, and Midnight Angle) were humans. The Old Man was just a businessman, though he had some...interesting side businesses that he managed to keep out of the public eye. 2-Step was a sammie, for lack of a better word, though he simply thought of himself as a patriot/soldier. Angel was a decker.
« Last Edit: <09-07-10/0814:22> by Patrick Goodman »
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #21 on: <09-07-10/0927:00> »
Thanks, Patrick! Will update my notes ASAP.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #22 on: <09-07-10/0927:22> »

So do you know who those posters were supposed to be??
There's been no clues to who they might be.

Texas_Tarantula

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <09-07-10/0945:02> »

AHH but was he??

I like to think so. He was a fun character. By the by, I know this is a dumb question, but are most of the Shadowland/Jackpoint characters based on actual characters, or just created for the dialogue? I mean, does someone have an actual character named Man-Of-Many-Names, or was it just created because, hey, the SR universe needed another cryptic shaman?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #24 on: <09-07-10/0958:19> »

AHH but was he??
I can't remember where I saw it, but someone mentions that there's a rumor that Captain's been seen on the Matrix, and FastJack comments about 'checking on a friends gravesite'. So I'd like to believe he's around...

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #25 on: <09-07-10/1026:29> »
By the by, I know this is a dumb question, but are most of the Shadowland/Jackpoint characters based on actual characters, or just created for the dialogue? I mean, does someone have an actual character named Man-Of-Many-Names, or was it just created because, hey, the SR universe needed another cryptic shaman?
Mostly the latter, though a few of them are/were characters some of us played or used as NPCs. Texas 2-Step, for instance, was a character I used as my alter-ego (and who got used a time or two in other folks' works), but he was also one of my very first SR PCs from back in the day. Corona is an NPC I've used a lot (FastJack, she's a human decker, FWIW, and she's still kickin').

Most of them, though, were just created on the spot if a piece of dialog was needed. This has changed considerably over the last few years as we've tried to limit the number of shadowtalkers and develop a little more of the characters through their dialog in shadowtalk.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #26 on: <09-07-10/1047:13> »
As fun as it was to see the HK Cavaliers posting in the Hong Kong section of Shadows of Asia, I'm grateful that it's been pared down to the Jackpointers, if only for a record-keeping point-of-view. ;)

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #27 on: <09-07-10/1903:01> »

AHH but was he??
I can't remember where I saw it, but someone mentions that there's a rumor that Captain's been seen on the Matrix, and FastJack comments about 'checking on a friends gravesite'. So I'd like to believe he's around...

I read that someplace as well so we'll see I guess
Joel "Casazil" Rogers

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #28 on: <09-07-10/1905:19> »
I like to think so. He was a fun character. By the by, I know this is a dumb question, but are most of the Shadowland/Jackpoint characters based on actual characters, or just created for the dialogue? I mean, does someone have an actual character named Man-Of-Many-Names, or was it just created because, hey, the SR universe needed another cryptic shaman?

Yes CC was a good man as well as fair.

I am of the understanding a few of the shadow talkers are real PC's but I think most were just made to fill the roll needed.
Joel "Casazil" Rogers

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <09-08-10/0648:30> »
the posters I always wonder about are Dragonslayer (drove me up the fraggin' wall!), Lone Gunman (so much fun - Clockwork reminds me of him) and Buzz (seriously drek-irritating - the other half of flashbacks from Clockwork).  Oh, and Glitterfrost . . . whether or not this was Hualpa.