NEWS

[SR5] Module

• 14 Replies

Steelsteve

• Newb
« on: <08-20-13/0136:34> »
hey guys. my group and i are going to be playtesting (a.k.a. one shot) the 5th edition rules. Now i'm the only one building a character from start but that's not why i'm here

My GM hasn't played since SR3. While he's ok re-learning the system (i'm guessing it's not TOO difficult) i'm still concerned about his game mechanics. I don't want him to use incompatible rule set and use a SR3 or SR4 module that he converted without much knowledge of the system

My question: Is there are pre-built module/adventure for SR5 yet? If so, where may i find it?

Thanks in advance,

BTW, i may GM myself since i like the system so much so far, so i may be back into the lounge at some point

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #1 on: <08-20-13/0308:06> »
hey guys. my group and i are going to be playtesting (a.k.a. one shot) the 5th edition rules. Now i'm the only one building a character from start but that's not why i'm here

My GM hasn't played since SR3. While he's ok re-learning the system (i'm guessing it's not TOO difficult) i'm still concerned about his game mechanics. I don't want him to use incompatible rule set and use a SR3 or SR4 module that he converted without much knowledge of the system

My question: Is there are pre-built module/adventure for SR5 yet? If so, where may i find it?

Thanks in advance,

BTW, i may GM myself since i like the system so much so far, so i may be back into the lounge at some point

Hi!

Try the quick-start rules with the "Fast Food Fight" adventure. Nothing serious, not even a real "adventure", but helps you grasp the system. You can find it for free here.

Then you have the "Sprawl Wilds" book. It's a collection of SR4 Missions with rules for SR5. Not great for starting players, but beggars can't be choosers (not that there are lots of SR5 books out there, sadly). Nice adventures though, I assure you. You can buy the pdf here.

Nothing else out there, nothing that I know about, that is.

Have a beautiful time gaming, welcome to SR5! :-)
Speech | Matrix/Communication | Thought | Astral
“Forget hackers, I have my buddies Smith & Wesson: innovators of the point-and-click interface.”

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #2 on: <08-20-13/0731:12> »
Firing Line will be out soon, and I GM'd Ashes, it played out just fine with starting characters thanks to a bit of GM guidance. However, you'd have to convert the IC, though I posted how I did it somewhere.

Of course Humanitarian Aid and Carbon Copy are a bad idea for new players, but still, that's 2 quite doable for starting players, Firing Line out soon that hopefully will have a few more nice ones, and an intro with Fast Food Fight. And a few nice heavier ones for when you want a challenge later.

Just keep in mind Missions are mostly balanced around a party of 6 people, so if you use any with a significantly smaller party, the GM should definitely consider tuning the enemy count back a bit.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <08-20-13/0930:04> »
Be aware that there are some errors in the sample characters, there's a thread where someone has gone through and corrected them around here somewhere.

Steelsteve

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <08-20-13/2342:59> »
Be aware that there are some errors in the sample characters, there's a thread where someone has gone through and corrected them around here somewhere.

Awesome tip. I'll be sure to (since i'm the GM's monkey) re-write the character sheets for the players who are going to play with us, the game is a week from sunday so i know that i'll have time to review the sheets

Yeah, i'm building my own Decker for the game so i can master hacking the matrix (i'm having a lot of fun thinking up quircks btw, mostly to do with retro video games).

Anyways, thank you so far and i hope to run with you guys in the future (i said that right right?)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #5 on: <08-21-13/0703:56> »
You'll want this one: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=11847.0

You'll see a Missions fix there: Some qualities are not allowed in Missions-legal characters (though a GM decides whether he plays them as free homegames or as Missions-legal games, if the first the characters simply cannot play at official Missions), so any illegal qualities for that would need to be removed.

Palladion

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <08-21-13/1037:09> »
Have your GM come online directly and ask for a module from someone here? As long as the credits and accolades stay intact, I am sure people would not mind a little fame for their own hand written. Agree to have a playtesting report (some might want to get submitted and published) and I am sure a few people would be happy to lend a hand.

Otherwise, Sprawl Wilds or the Quick-Start Rules module.
P A L L A D I O N

Steelsteve

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <08-21-13/1248:26> »
Have your GM come online directly and ask for a module from someone here? As long as the credits and accolades stay intact, I am sure people would not mind a little fame for their own hand written. Agree to have a playtesting report (some might want to get submitted and published) and I am sure a few people would be happy to lend a hand.

sadly, the fact that i am here for him means that he is quite buzy.

That said, i hope that he takes time to look at this thread, it should help him alot

Palladion

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <08-21-13/1420:09> »
Sprawl Wilds
http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/products-page/adventures/sprawl-wilds/

Quick-Start Rules
http://cdn.shadowruntabletop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/E-CAT27QSR_SR5-Quick-Start-Rules.pdf

Unfortunately, none of the modules I have written so far would be comprehensible with my short hand and random notes, cannot be of much help there. Maybe ask one of the Demo Team guys if they have something?
P A L L A D I O N

SoulGambit

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <08-21-13/1452:51> »
If you're looking for plot and are okay with changing rules / tweaking things, you can completely lift missions from Shadowrun Returns and reskin them. My own players will be doing an extraction like the optional one in there, because I want to see how they handle Wageslavery. One of my players is a BTL junkie and I plan on adapting some of the BTL storyline from there and telling it sort of "from the other side."

Steelsteve

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <08-22-13/0014:31> »
My GM talked to me today and was complaining on how his wife is playing an orc face and how it fits a little TOO well into the mission he has planned for us. So i guess he has one in mind already, Well i can say that i tried at least. Thanks for the tips though, and maybe someone can write a first run and stick it into the GM toolbox!

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <08-24-13/1128:16> »
Hmm. I do have some free time on Thursday...

gfrobbin84

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <08-27-13/1533:29> »

As a new GM that is gonna finally be running my 1st session this coming Sunday, took 2 sessions for them to make characters and then had to reschedule due to life once or twice and is a biweekly group >.<, I would love something like this.  I plan on running the quick start and got some ideas to expand on it into a real mission or lead into another mini to full mission, but as I said I am new to GMing and to SR as is the rest of my group.  We are all long timer gamers all with experience in many RPGs but predominantly in D&D.  I have been gaming for about 20 years but never really done much if any GMing so having a few real missions that other people have put together would be helpful in creating my own if nothing else as a reference of what I need to have and plan for when creating a mission.

Mauricio MdS

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <08-28-13/0913:16> »
Of course Humanitarian Aid and Carbon Copy are a bad idea for new players, but still, that's 2 quite doable for starting players, Firing Line out soon that hopefully will have a few more nice ones, and an intro with Fast Food Fight. And a few nice heavier ones for when you want a challenge later.

Are you saying that one of the adventures in Firing Line will have Fast Food Fight as an intro, or that the OP should use Fast Food Fight as an intro for the campaign?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #14 on: <08-29-13/0510:37> »
The second.