NEWS

SR Fiction - Legends

• 135 Replies

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #60 on: <07-05-16/2017:54> »
It's a beautiful piece of art. It surprised me actually. Now what is Pegasus? Maybe I should just read the book (again) and see if it is mentioned ...
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #61 on: <07-05-16/2214:08> »
Yeah. This is the first time I.m feeling a total disconnect between the story I remember and the new artwork. I.m not saying its bedbug the tone is very different from that of the book.

This is one of the better stories of these early novels though but that need not be stated once you see the name Nyx Smith. Those will always be great reads.

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #62 on: <07-13-16/1825:37> »
No Legend this week, or have I missed something?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #63 on: <07-14-16/0046:19> »
The impression I got from the FB post was that maybe they accidentally released the same one

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #64 on: <07-14-16/0718:30> »
Not sure about any Legends releases this week...the Tumblr post that went live last night refers to the releases from last week.

TonyK

• Chummer
  • 20 year on-and-off SR fan...
« Reply #65 on: <07-19-16/1354:17> »
Not sure about any Legends releases this week...the Tumblr post that went live last night refers to the releases from last week.
Been checking BattleShop and DriveThru - last Legends fiction up is Steel Rain, and waiting for the newer novels to pop up.
My fave quote from SRR: "Damn you Mike Pondsmith"

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #66 on: <07-27-16/1033:47> »
So ...Legends dead in the water.
Is that a permanent decision or just until the cons are over?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #67 on: <07-27-16/1620:13> »
Not dead...they just dropped 3 BT novels. Releases have been delayed but still coming, AFAIK.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #68 on: <07-27-16/1849:36> »
That's what I was referring to basically. There's a steady stream coming out of the BT office but nothing in our side the past weeks. Steel Rain was the last and was three weeks ago. However, BT's been getting theirs every week

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #69 on: <08-03-16/0741:36> »
New release, Stranger Souls by Jak Koke:

DEATH OF A DRAGON

Dunkelzahn the dragon's election as President of the United Canadian American States promised the dawn of a new era. But the hopes of a nation disintegrate with the powerful explosion that assassinates him. On that same fateful evening Dunkelzahn's most trusted special agent, Ryan Mercury, is on a secret mission of great urgency involving dangerous magic. And only a miracle can save the world from total destruction...

In this first book of the Dragon Heart Saga, Dunkelzahn's murder shocks the Awakened-world. Rumors and suspicions run rampant as shadowrunners, Secret Service agents, and megacorp execs scramble for the reins of power. Open these pages to see the story behind the great dragon's death and the beginning of a new adventure...

BattleCorps

DTRPG
« Last Edit: <08-13-16/0754:49> by AJCarrington »

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <08-03-16/1833:17> »
Yeah, I'm just gonna say flat out that I love this book.

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #71 on: <08-03-16/2035:05> »
For me, with this book, Jak brought back an energy, a determination, to the series that had started to fade. This trilogy brought back that felling of 'this is required reading' that the first ~10-12 books gave me.

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #72 on: <08-03-16/2352:08> »
I don't want every book to have insane world changing metaplot events as the Dragonheart Saga, but I would like it if the new novels did have some impact on the metaplot. Anyway, I've never read this book, but there is enough talk about it here that I have a good idea of what happens.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #73 on: <08-04-16/0039:19> »
To be fair, they raid Aztechnology's Delta clinic just after it had been revealed that any existed, and there were only six, in the middle of the novel and it's not even in the top five craziest things to occur

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #74 on: <08-10-16/1050:41> »
This week, Shadowboxer, by Nicholas Pollotta:

Too Hot To Handle

For Two Bears, a dwarf mercenary accustomed to running the shadows, the job sounded like an easy way to make a huge stack of cash: track down and discover the meaning of the word "IronHell." But when the decker he approaches for help gets her brain fried on the Matrix, Two Bears konws he's up to his stout little shoulders in drek.

Too Cool To Give Up

Realizing that IronHell must be the title of something - or somebody - very powerful, Two Bears looks for some backup to make sure he gets through this job alive. He lines up a street troll called Thumbs, a slick decker named Silver, a suit-wearing samurai called Delphia, and Moonfeather, a magic-wielding disciple of the Cat totem. Together they blast their way through a stream of megacorp] operatives, giant meta-beasts, and high-tech pirates, desperate to unravel the incredible secret of IronHell - before it unravels the world ....

BattleCorps

DTRPG
« Last Edit: <08-13-16/0756:17> by AJCarrington »