NEWS

Looking for T-Birds

• 8 Replies

gerzel

• Newb
« on: <05-28-11/0142:36> »
Hey. 

As I'm preparing a campaign in Denver and my players have an affinity for machinery. I am trying to find stats for various T-Birds that might use the Rocky Mountain "Autobahn."  Below is a listing of all the T-Birds I've found in the official books for 4th ed so far.

GMC Banshee (Thunderbird) - SR4A pg351
MiG-67 - Arsenal pg112
Cascade Skraacha - Aresenal pg112
GMC Thunderhawk Ground Assault T-Bird - War! pg169
Aztechnology Lobo - MilSpecTech pg11
GMC "Harpy Sout" - MilSpecTech pg12
Dassault Paynal - MilSpecTech pg32

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <05-28-11/0926:44> »
Hey. 

As I'm preparing a campaign in Denver and my players have an affinity for machinery. I am trying to find stats for various T-Birds that might use the Rocky Mountain "Autobahn."  Below is a listing of all the T-Birds I've found in the official books for 4th ed so far.

GMC Banshee (Thunderbird) - SR4A pg351
MiG-67 - Arsenal pg112
Cascade Skraacha - Aresenal pg112
GMC Thunderhawk Ground Assault T-Bird - War! pg169
Aztechnology Lobo - MilSpecTech pg11
GMC "Harpy Sout" - MilSpecTech pg12
Dassault Paynal - MilSpecTech pg32
Remember, Arsenal also lists "similar models" for vehicles (i.e. different look/name/manufacturer, but same stats):

MiG-67 (similar): Esprit Industries D'Artagnan; Dornier X
Cascade Skraacha (similar): Zhejiang Shenying Industries Raptor

gerzel

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <05-28-11/1331:18> »
Thanks

I know about the alternate names/vendors.  I always generally assume that if it made it into the books then it isn't an exclusive of the corp listed as making it.

I'm still on the look out for other models w/stats, especially lower end varieties, sub 1 mil as I'm sure the Rocky Jammers would have more than just two main workhorses.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #3 on: <05-28-11/1914:06> »
That's probably about it.  Shadowrun (sadly) isn't Hardwired, where t-birds and smuggling runs are the default focal point of the whole game, so material on them is somewhat sparse.  They're so much out of the price range and above the power/combat scale of your average "sneak into the secure facility and steal a file" kind of default Shadowrun that publishing much more about them would just tick some fans off, I think...so what we get ain't much, and it looks like you've found most of it (especially for SR4).

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #4 on: <05-29-11/1204:07> »
If you're looking for T-Birds, I suggest using mobile mil-spec radar systems in canyons, with Watcher Spirit support, and sensitive audio-pickups tuned to the specific nose of a baffled Vertical Thrust Engine...

You're talking about something else, aren't you?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wayfinder

• Newb
  • fraggin fragged frag
« Reply #5 on: <06-06-11/2323:32> »
LMAO CanRay +1

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <06-07-11/1326:34> »
Look on Google: LAVs work according to the ground wing effect and planes likes this exist already today.  Take those, change the specs a bit (a bit more modern) and voila, instant T-birds.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

gerzel

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <06-07-11/1726:06> »
T-Birds don't use true ground effect much.

Basically they are vectored thrust that just use raw power to move rather than aerodynamics.  The only thing they use the air for really is propulsive mass.

True ground effect is fairly hard to do.  You might see some true GEVs in the SR world on the black sea but otherwise they just are not feasible for use.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <06-08-11/1211:33> »
but at least you can use those models to start from, if you're just looking for an LAV.  Modernise to SR standards, add vector trust engines and there you are.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"