NEWS

Vision/Line of Sight Questions

• 2 Replies

princeangore

• Newb
« on: <01-24-22/2341:13> »
S6 - Okay, this might be a really dumb question, but I've looked everywhere I can think of in the book, and online, but how far can a person see in Shadowrun 6th World?? My group is fairly new, but really struggling to get the distancing thing down after playing different games where that really matters. Is it something that doesn't really matter in S6? And people can just see forever? We utilize roll20 for playing remotely, so it comes up often how far you can see.
Thank you in Advance!

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-25-22/0134:37> »
The human eye can see far beyond Earth's horizon. Earth's surface curves out of sight at a distance of 3.1 miles (5 kilometers). But our visual acuity extends far beyond the horizon.

Edit;

If you are talking specifically about combat against a humanoid target, then Close and Near (up to 50 meters) is no problem at all and is typically even better without visual magnification than with.

At Medium (51-250) it start to become difficult, but is still possible. To reflect this you get an Attack Rating bonus of +2 when using some sort of visual magnification, like an imaging scope, from this distance and beyond (note that if using visual magnification you also need to spend a Minor Take Aim action to activate the bonus of the magnification).

Far (251+) is likely where you must start to use binoculars when casting spells or a scope on your weapon (but there are no fixed rules for this beyond "Spellcasters can use optical binoculars for casting spells at distant targets" - you are free to decide this yourselves).
« Last Edit: <01-25-22/0230:23> by Xenon »

princeangore

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <01-28-22/0103:10> »
Thank you Sir!! That is the information I was looking for!