« Reply #60 on: <11-29-11/1005:45> »
There's friendly border guards?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #61 on: <11-29-11/1051:19> »
There are always friendly border guards. You just have to know how much they cost.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #62 on: <11-29-11/1138:34> »
There are always friendly border guards. You just have to know how much they cost.

Took the words right out of my mouth, there.

Of course, a deft application of Mob Mind and/or Alter Memory can make check points much easier as well. Just zonk them and make them all think they've already inspected you.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #63 on: <11-29-11/1159:27> »
Sounds awesome, :D kind of wish to do that but I think i'm a little scared to be in the unknown, especially if i get to parts where i don't speak the language!!! xD I'll stick to Washington for now.
Yes it is always cool to travel. A lot of people speak english (or german in central Europe) and generally almost everywhere people are curious and like to talk to strangers - even if talking is sign language. I have discussed soccer in Turkey with a local guy and a man from Holland. Great fun. Nobody understood each other (the guy from Holland I could talk both english and german with but in the passionate discussion he switched to dutch and I don't think nobody understand that  ;)) but we communicated none the less.
Maybe expect border guards in Bulgaria. They actually carry AK-47's and they are not very friendly (at least 20 years ago). Bad combination but bribery work wonders.

Rasmus

O.o sounds like it was fun no?
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #64 on: <11-30-11/0309:03> »
Yes, it was fun. Maybe not in the moment but later it is a cool experience.

Most border guards in the civilized world are polite and nice.
The civilized world being Western Europe  8)

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #65 on: <11-30-11/1125:41> »

Rasmus

:P better not come here then.... xD Since USA isn't located in west europe.
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #66 on: <11-30-11/1139:28> »
Hey, Tir Tairngir's border guards are very friendly. They catch you, kindly relieve you of the possessions that you were burdened with, and give you a hit of Laes to help you forget your troubles for a while before they kindly drop you on the other side of the border.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #67 on: <12-01-11/0129:52> »

Rasmus

I know - I have been to the states once  :P

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #68 on: <12-01-11/1340:58> »

Rasmus

I know - I have been to the states once  :P

Rasmus

I'm sorry you found us uncivilizes. :P

Though if you came to washington with all it's god damn trees and I hadn't been somewhere like here i might think the same. (Everywhere you look there's 50 trees! xD)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #69 on: <12-01-11/1350:15> »
I was fairly happy with how relatively civilized the USA was from what I expected.  Then I walked into a bar and ordered a beer.  *Shakes Head*

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #70 on: <12-01-11/1425:44> »
I was fairly happy with how relatively civilized the USA was from what I expected.  Then I walked into a bar and ordered a beer.  *Shakes Head*

Wouldn't know what your talking about CanRay. Might be that I just turned 21 on halloween and I've still yet to go to a bar. :P

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #71 on: <12-01-11/1442:08> »
Wouldn't know what your talking about CanRay. Might be that I just turned 21 on halloween and I've still yet to go to a bar. :P
Exactly my point!  Barbarians!  Not letting a grown man drink!

Not that I'd call what they served "Drinks", mind  you.  Pour them back in the horse and make the world a better place, really.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #72 on: <12-01-11/1446:38> »
Exactly my point!  Barbarians!  Not letting a grown man drink!

Not that I'd call what they served "Drinks", mind  you.  Pour them back in the horse and make the world a better place, really.

Ah the laws being different, were you under 21 then? :P

Heard some places(other than the USA) you can drink if your taller than the bar, don't know if it's true but i've heard that.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #73 on: <12-01-11/1447:51> »
No, I was 23.  But still, the idea.

I've seen "Must be 21 or able to beat up the bouncer to drink here" signs.  :P

EDIT:  There's a long tradition, in my hometown at least, can't say about other places, that if you're old enough to be in the military (Militia counts), you're old enough to drink.  Show your military ID, and, unless the Inspectors are being dicks that week, you're in.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #74 on: <12-01-11/1630:56> »
Heh, well you can't win em all. XD