NEWS

First Shot at GMing

• 18 Replies

GiraffeShaman

• Omae
  • Devourer of Salads
« Reply #15 on: <05-14-13/2033:27> »
A potential complication - some other organization with an interest in the neighborhood in question decides to act at the same time, and with considerably less concern for loss of life or property damage (possibly because they are Sending A Message). Any of the organized crime groups could fill this role pretty well, I'd think
I agree with this because it's a good way to meet your goal of causing combat. If they run smack into this new org's enforcers, there is no way to avoid it. Also the worry with using low level gangs on shadowrunner parties is always that it will be too easy for the runners.

Also, is there anything important somehow about this neighborhood? Something corps or larger gangs might want? If there is, the area might be tussled over longer and spin off more runs. If an area is of interest to a corp, it might put some major hardware into the hands of a gang, making them a larger threat.

mtfeeney = Baron

• Ace Runner
  • I love crunchy numbers
« Reply #16 on: <05-14-13/2206:28> »
That's kind of what I want to avoid, and I'm not too worried about it being too easy.  Right now, they're looking at roughly 30 people in this 4-building block, including 6 mages and an adept.  I don't want it to spin off into another run, because this is just a filler since the other 2 that normally GM are going to be absent this weekend.
Remember, you don't have to kill the vehicle to stop it, just kill the guy driving it.

GiraffeShaman

• Omae
  • Devourer of Salads
« Reply #17 on: <05-14-13/2236:21> »
That's kind of what I want to avoid, and I'm not too worried about it being too easy.  Right now, they're looking at roughly 30 people in this 4-building block, including 6 mages and an adept.  I don't want it to spin off into another run, because this is just a filler since the other 2 that normally GM are going to be absent this weekend.
Depends on if they are spread out or not and what the tactical layout is. Are these full BP mages, runner caliber? Seems a bit much if so for a low level gang. Many wizzer gangs are just idiots with a few magic points.

You could throw in a developer Johnson who wants the direct opposite of the residents: to flatten the entire area, so he can swoop in and build somethere there. He could attempt to hire the party. If they bite, then the run is them both fighting the gangers, but also destroing the buildings in the place. If they refuse, they may have to fight off the developer's thugs in order to avoid the area's buildings being decimated. (In addition to the gangers)

mtfeeney = Baron

• Ace Runner
  • I love crunchy numbers
« Reply #18 on: <05-14-13/2239:20> »
Nah, the mages aren't full bp(except either the boss or his sidekick, I haven't decided).  Most are mooks, but a horde of mooks is still scary if not handled carefully.  I love the idea of getting counter-proposals...  Not sure if I have time to write up that much extra stuff in time, though.  Cross my fingers, me!
Remember, you don't have to kill the vehicle to stop it, just kill the guy driving it.