NEWS

Warning Page...

• 6 Replies

Cryonic

• Newb
« on: <02-21-11/1135:16> »
Not sure why this page keeps coming up for me lately on this site, but it is really annoying to be in the middle of reading a forum and have it pop me out to a "verification" page. To make it more annoying I have to answer the idiotic math question twice before it brings me back to the forums. Not sure what it is doing to "detect" that I might be a spam bot, but it is really frustrating at times...

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <02-21-11/1621:28> »
We have a bit of code in place that prompts new users for CAPTCHA responses until you get to about 10 posts or so to keep the spam-bots from sneaking in. Once you post more, the verification process will go away.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-21-11/2112:33> »
Yeah, I'm getting it too. Though I assume it's because I'm accessing the forums through my phone.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <02-21-11/2211:32> »
I was running into the problem myself about a week or so ago, but it was chalked up to my logging in from different computers. Hasn't happened since... If it's still happening in a day or so, let me know and we'll see if there's something new going on.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #4 on: <02-22-11/0730:21> »
Doesn't stop spambots though...
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <02-22-11/0948:00> »
Doesn't stop spambots though...
Not sure how that one got through, but you can be sure he's squashed flatter than a coyote shaman chasing a roadrunner spirit.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #6 on: <02-22-11/1022:18> »
I know. Oh, and there's a time limit on reporting topics. Could you remove it, some of us find reporting spambots refreshing. And it would spare you some work too...
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."