Catalyst Game Labs > Errata

{SR6] No Future

(1/6) > >>

Robert:
While trying to integrate "No Future 2019" into Genesis, I stumbled upon several unclear items.
Can anybody comment?
Thanks!

A) All availabilities seem to be SR5 style. To convert them to SR6 I would switch R -> L (license needed) and F -> I (illegal) and halve the availability rating (e.g. 12F -> 6I)

B) Cost for internal synth link are shown as "x2" without mentioning what is duplicated. I assume it is the cost of the external synth link, thus cost is 4.000 Nuyen.

C) How many modification slots do the new weapons have (Yo-Yo, Skate Boards, Roller Skates, Torch, Pitchfork, Molotov)? I would assume 2 (exotic or close combat weapons).

D) Which skills are used for those weapons?
* Yo-Yo - Exotic, Whips?
* Skate boards - Close Combat, Clubs?
* Roller skates - Close Combat, Unarmed?
* Torch - Close Combat, Clubs?
* Pitchfork - Close Combat, Blades?
* Molotov - Athletics, Throwing?E) How can ProCams be mounted into drones? Do they need to be mounted into a weapon mount (so they can be pointing in directions different to drone travel)? If the latter, which size (standard or heavy weapon mount)?

F) Is the cost of an "internal SmartCam" really "camera x2"? This would mean for a ProCam 12 another 3.000 Nuyen for the "internal SmartCam", when an "external SmartCam" is only 200 Nuyen. Would'nt it make more sense to use "external SmartCam x2" = 400 Nuyen?

G) Which name to use for the cyberware: Autovoice or Audiotune?

H) Autovoice/Audiotune "replaces  the  user’s  own  limit  for singing performances with its rating". This concept does not exist in SR6. The matching SR6 concept would be to gice bonus dice. However 6 bonus dice would be unbalancing. Thus I would propose only 3 ratings with double cost
* Autovoice 1, essence 0.2, availability 1, cost 2.000, bonus dice 1, hacked: availability 3I, cost 8.000
* Autovoice 2, essence 0.2, availability 2, cost 4.000, bonus dice 2, hacked: availability 6I, cost 16.000
* Autovoice 3, essence 0.2, availability 3, cost 6.000, bonus dice 3, hacked: availability 9I, cost 24.000I) Vocal expansion "raises the user’s natural limit for Leadership tests using Influence and Performance (singing) tests using Con by its rating". Again, this concept does not exist in SR6. The matching SR6 concept would be to gice bonus dice. I would propose 1 dice per rating.

J) Cybereyes rating 5 already exist in Core rule book, with lower capacity than the one shown as rating 5 in No Future. I propose to simply rename the new ones 5->6 and 6->7

K) Cyberears rating 5 already exist in Core rule book, with lower capacity than the one shown as rating 5 in No Future. I propose to simply rename the new ones 5->6 and 6->7

L) In SR6 vision enhancement does not have levels. It just gives one bonus dice. Jumping to 4-6 bonus dice would be unbalancing. Thus I propose to half the ratings, to go from 2-3 only.

M) "Stolen gear" states "possible additional funds to 150,000", however table shows 1-20 Karma at 10.000 per Karma thus max. 200.000. What is correct?

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:
A) A decent idea.

B & C) I'll have to look into it to comment, but your guess sounds reasonable.

D) specializations are by their nature not firmly defined.  Believe me, as a member of the errata team I can imagine your pain trying to codify these sorts of things into a program.  IMO your assumptions are fair.  Only one I'd quibble with is calling Skate Boards Exotic instead of Close Combat.

E) this isn't going to be definitively answerable until the Rigger book is published (and vehicle/drone modding rules are implemented).  I'd suggest for Genesis' purposes: allow it to be added in a slot-less manner (like autosofts)
EDIT: Ooh, and hey, if you're a person who can make it happen, how about allowing autosofts to be loaded on vehicles while you're at it? ;D

F) Until such time prices can be errata'd, the prices are what they are. (sigh.  I still look at ultrasound sensors vs ultrasound cyberware and cry inside)

G) I'd go with Autovoice as the more correct name, since Audiotune was only mentioned once.

H) This is awaiting approval for errata. Obviously it can't modify your limit.  There are two possible mechanics submitted to replace this.  Remains to be seen which will be approved for formal errata.  My advice in your case? Just make it a purchaseable item and the exact mechanics can be left as a "see pg. 160, No Future).  That way you're future proofed for whichever way it gets ruled to work.

I) See H.

J,K,L) Ugh.  Noone caught that.  I suppose the only thing to do, assuming you want to stick to official rules, is differentiate between Cybereyes Rating 5 and Cybereyes Rating 5 (No Future).  I have some homework to do now to add these to the pile.

M) this is an ugly issue. My understanding, as the wording stands:
The quality works like 6e's In Debt, and not like 5e's In Debt.  That is: you gain X karma as a bonus for taking the negative quality, and you gain 0 resources.  Instead what happens is the CRB rate of karma conversion is altered from 1:2000 to 1:10000 (or from 1:2000 to 1:5000 in the case of In Debt).  The cap of +150,000 nuyen exists to keep you from spending, say, 70 karma on resources. (+20 for the quality, and 50 starting karma)

I shouldn't talk about behind the scenes goings on, but if I don't say this part myself it'll come out anyway ;D  There's not unanimous agreement that my reading is the way it is/should be.  A counter view is that Stolen Gear works like In Debt from 5e: you gain the karma AND the resources per karma point, without having to spend any karma on resources.

Either way, it's a broken-good quality that is awaiting errata.  Of course, if you were to code it before waiting for official errata (because who knows how long that'll be), I'd suggest "my way".  At least you have to suffer getting gear for free, rather than "paying" for gear by taking more karma to get it :P

Hobbes:

--- Quote from: Stainless Steel Devil Rat on ---
I shouldn't talk about behind the scenes goings on, but if I don't say this part myself it'll come out anyway ;D  There's not unanimous agreement that my reading is the way it is/should be.  A counter view is that Stolen Gear works like In Debt from 5e: you gain the karma AND the resources per karma point, without having to spend any karma on resources.

Either way, it's a broken-good quality that is awaiting errata.  Of course, if you were to code it before waiting for official errata (because who knows how long that'll be), I'd suggest "my way".  At least you have to suffer getting gear for free, rather than "paying" for gear by taking more karma to get it :P

--- End quote ---

If you include the buy off cost, your way of reading is far lower cost overall and way more exploitable.   :P ;D :D

But, yes as written Stolen Goods apparently contradicts itself and needs Errata.  SSDR's suggestion is as good as any until the Errata is approved and published. 

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:

--- Quote from: Hobbes on ---
--- Quote from: Stainless Steel Devil Rat on ---

--- End quote ---

If you include the buy off cost, your way of reading is far lower cost overall and way more exploitable.   :P ;D :D

But, yes as written Stolen Goods apparently contradicts itself and needs Errata.  SSDR's suggestion is as good as any until the Errata is approved and published.

--- End quote ---

Indeed.  no matter how you slice it, there are things that don't work.  Even before balance issues.

Lormyr:

--- Quote from: Stainless Steel Devil Rat on ---A counter view is that Stolen Gear works like In Debt from 5e: you gain the karma AND the resources per karma point, without having to spend any karma on resources.
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, the phrasing is poorly constructed that when combined with the flatly contradictory mechanics I can see how someone could walk away with that understanding. Using it that way would be well and truly busted though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version