Catalyst Game Labs > Errata

[SR6] Double Clutch

<< < (3/7) > >>

Typhus:
I'm not sure if it's intentional, but some vehicles have a higher Accel and/or Speed Interval than their Top Speed.  I can only assume this might be purposeful because people are expected to be tinkering these various ratings (the book is all about that for sure).  If they crank the Top Speed rating up, it would mean they don't necessarily also need to adjust the other stats, since they are already good.  So if the stats reflect potential rather than possible, then all is well.  I haven't looked too deeply, so maybe there's even a clarification on that in the text. 

If it's on purpose/explained somewhere, by all means disregard this thought. 

Banshee:

--- Quote from: Typhus on ---I'm not sure if it's intentional, but some vehicles have a higher Accel and/or Speed Interval than their Top Speed.  I can only assume this might be purposeful because people are expected to be tinkering these various ratings (the book is all about that for sure).  If they crank the Top Speed rating up, it would mean they don't necessarily also need to adjust the other stats, since they are already good.  So if the stats reflect potential rather than possible, then all is well.  I haven't looked too deeply, so maybe there's even a clarification on that in the text. 

If it's on purpose/explained somewhere, by all means disregard this thought.

--- End quote ---

If you want the honest brutal truth ... it's because of different authors doing different parts. While we posted our stuff about building and modifying for others to use when statting out thier vehicle designs it wasn't necessarily used consistently and when Hjal and I did reviews of the vehicle stats we caught a lot of mistakes but obviously missed a few.

Typhus:
Oh okay.  Understandable given the situation.  Sound like scouting for those would help for a later fix.

Typhus:
Doing a look through for that issue specifically it looks like it's just the Maser Beach Ball and Evo Roller Bombs that have a higher Accel than Top Speed.  There's a couple others where the Speed Interval is higher than Top Speed, but I seem to recall seeing a Redlining rule that can boost Top Speed temporarily, so maybe that's fine/intentional for that stat.  The vehicles all look fine at a glance, it's just the slower/smaller drones that I would recommend someone do a double check on to see if they need it vs RAI. 

MercilessMing:
Pg 108, Hawker-Siddley Harrier

--- Quote ---The Harrier has a distinct visual profile that, when viewed from a distance, causes many to mistake it as a regular tilt-rotor aircraft when it’s in horizontal flight. When it switches to horizontal flight or is in hovering mode, the main wings move forward approximately sixty degrees, with the wingtip turbo-fan engines tilting to maintain lift. At the drone’s base and tail, two smaller turbo-fans also pivot to assist. When it returns to horizontal flight,
--- End quote ---

Bolded/underlined word should read "vertical" to make sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version