NEWS

Rigger 5 Errata

• 357 Replies

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #255 on: <05-10-16/1212:04> »
Pretty true. (Well, minus the Pixie.)

I should see if I can find the (really bad) sketch I did for the Juan. I'm pretty sure I stuck my stab at a cover up. Which was super-bad. :)

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #256 on: <05-10-16/2019:14> »

As a side-note, remember that while you get a point for lowering *A* stat, if you lower more stats, you don't get more points! You can only get +1 no matter how much worse you make the drone. That was very much by design.

I read that, knew it, and then promptly forgot it as soon as I went out into the weeds.  Sheesh.

Coyote

• Chummer
« Reply #257 on: <05-10-16/2033:53> »
Pretty true. (Well, minus the Pixie.)

I should see if I can find the (really bad) sketch I did for the Juan. I'm pretty sure I stuck my stab at a cover up. Which was super-bad. :)

What about the Ares Duelist? Also a Medium? The picture at the back of the Rigger 5.0 book shows them as about the size of the elf leading them, though they'd certainly be heavier. Although, most Medium drones have a Body of 3 and the Duelist has a 4.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #258 on: <05-10-16/2042:43> »

Yes a BOD of 0 would mean 0 MOD points, but I was just looking things over and unless I missed something (And please point out if I did) Realistic features does not have a MOD point cost, at least, I see no such cost is listed.

I gotta quit drinking at lunch.  Thanks!  Spider Drones Away! 

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #259 on: <05-12-16/1711:57> »
I got into a discussion with Mathias from Herolab and we noticed that all the drones have their drone mod slots appropriately reduced for any modifications that come standard 'stock' equipped.

Except anthroforms. Do those really get full Body in mod slots on top of getting arms and legs and other mods that would normally cost slots?

Also, if a drone comes standard with mods listed in the optional Drone Mod rules, does that mean those drones can't use the regular Vehicle Mods rules (and therefore can't be modded) if your GM doesn't want to use the optional Drone Mod rules?

Honestly, I think we both came to the conclusion that it was a mistake to create a whole seperate set of construction rules for drones ON TOP of the regular vehicle mod rules. It would have been better if the drone mods were just folded into the regular mods and simply a note added "Unlike other vehicles, drones only get one pool of mod slots equal to their body."

-k
« Last Edit: <05-12-16/1717:53> by KarmaInferno »

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #260 on: <07-02-16/0049:16> »
Question I asked in another thread but asking here in the hopes of getting a official response . under the optional drone modding rules does upgrading a drones pilot rating use up mod points? The German edition has a table that suggests that pilot upgrades are free but I'm wondering if that was the original intention.

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24394.msg454569#msg454569

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #261 on: <07-02-16/2237:38> »
As with any drone, first one's free, but you start coting slots after that. (1 point is essentially just better software, but more than that, you have to start adding bigger parts for processing, more onboard memory, etc etc etc.) It's the Golden Rule of DroneStats. :)

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #262 on: <07-02-16/2341:15> »
OK  thats what I though,I just wanted conformation. on another note when using the drone mod rules should the extra three weapon slots for the roto-drone  be count as the drone having a body of 7 for modding?

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #263 on: <07-02-16/2347:16> »
No, they count as "You have three extra points that can only be spent on weapons" ... it's a special power for just that drone. :)

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #264 on: <07-03-16/0005:56> »
. It would have been better if the drone mods were just folded into the regular mods and simply a note added "Unlike other vehicles, drones only get one pool of mod slots equal to their body."

-k

that would be horrible in my opinion. it would make it impossible to give all but the largest of drone any decent mods. a simple +1 speed boost cost 5 mod points under the standard rules. And good luck giving drone any decent extra armor which some already feel are to fragile ,just giving a roto-drone 1 extra point of additional armor will cost 2 of its 4  body points.  under the optional drone modding rule I can add 9 extra points of armor for the same price . if you count the 3 extra points intended for weapon slots you'll even have enough room for a large drone weapon mount and you'll still be able to up all its other stats by 1  point for free. I know what rules I 'll be using for drone modification

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #265 on: <07-03-16/0013:15> »
No, they count as "You have three extra points that can only be spent on weapons" ... it's a special power for just that drone. :)

that really gimps the roto-drone, I think the points should carry over I mean  the core rule book gives it three plus to its body for modding only so I think that  should apply when using the optional  rules.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #266 on: <07-03-16/0842:13> »
It has the usual Body level for modding, then gets three points that can only be spent on weapon mounts on top of that. That's kind of the opposite of gimped. :) It's the smallest thing that can mount a heavy weapon mount, for instance, or a couple of smaller ones. Alternatively, you can amp up some other features and still have three points left over for a weapon, where other drones can't. It's still a crazy-good buy. You just can't stick *everything* in there at once.

Checks and balances.

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #267 on: <07-03-16/1036:42> »
So under the the standard modding rules a roto-drone gets 7 weapon modding slots but when using the drone modding rules it gets 3 extra points that can  only be spent on weapon mounts?

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #268 on: <07-03-16/1131:28> »
So under the the standard modding rules a roto-drone gets 7 weapon modding slots but when using the drone modding rules it gets 3 extra points that can  only be spent on weapon mounts?

Not quite sure I follow, so let me replace that with a statement.

Drones get a number of mod points equal to their Body. In the case of the MCT Rotor Drone, it gets an additional 3 points that may only be spent on weapon mounts.

Hopefully, that clears it up for you as the wording of your question throws me a bit off.

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #269 on: <07-03-16/1158:35> »
Yeah I think we're on the same page so to speak

Page  155 core vehicle modification side bar reads   "MCT-roto drone: Three extra weapon modification slots " since the drone has a body of 4 that gives it a total 7 slots  for any of the weapon mods  found in the chapter building the perfect beast.

When using the optional drone only modification rules starting on page 122 the extra three points can  only be used on drone weapons mounts. .

« Last Edit: <07-03-16/1218:03> by Fabe »