NEWS

Street Legends Supplemental now out--ten more characters to play with!

• 226 Replies

Claíomh

• Newb
« Reply #60 on: <01-04-12/1907:22> »
I like the idea of a "Ghetto Legends" book. That might be a good place for the likes of Kham, Ghost and Sally, which always struck me as kind of your Joe Average runner team in terms of capabilities and financial situation. Even if they are only in there as historical context.
It could show some of the everyday faces that you might meet in a work's day. It would be a nice way to spotlight a different location as well, showing some not-so-important city through the eyes of it's shadow community, including it's unique atmosphere.

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #61 on: <01-04-12/1925:12> »
As if anyone could FIND his history!  Two Matrix Crashes and a dedication to wiping out any records that are created on his own?  He probably doesn't even remember his own name any longer.
digging my way thru the thread so this may already been brought up, but there is a interesting exchange in a Batman Beyond (of the Future outside USA). When Bruce Wayne was asked why he knew he was not going insane, his reply was that the voice he heard was referring to him as Bruce. In his head, that is not the name Bruce refers to himself by. I suspect that by SR4, ol' Jack likely use Fastjack or simply Jack when talking about himself...
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #62 on: <01-04-12/1939:17> »
I also would love to see a "Fallen Heroes" supplement, with writeups on some of the runners and major personages that have died. Alice, Hatchetman, Captain Chaos, Dunkelzhan, Kham, and so on.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #63 on: <01-04-12/1943:15> »
Trust me, you guys are just echoing the freelancers.  there's a LOT we'd like to do with this line.  It all depends on sales, which seem to be decent, so...  Cross your fingers :)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #64 on: <01-04-12/1944:28> »
As if anyone could FIND his history!  Two Matrix Crashes and a dedication to wiping out any records that are created on his own?  He probably doesn't even remember his own name any longer.
digging my way thru the thread so this may already been brought up, but there is a interesting exchange in a Batman Beyond (of the Future outside USA). When Bruce Wayne was asked why he knew he was not going insane, his reply was that the voice he heard was referring to him as Bruce. In his head, that is not the name Bruce refers to himself by. I suspect that by SR4, ol' Jack likely use Fastjack or simply Jack when talking about himself...
Gotta find that episode.

And it's likely the full FastJack, as he tends to log people off if they get too familiar with him at times.  Usually when he's grumpy it appears, as he doesn't do it all the time.  Usually Slamm-0! I've noticed.  :P
Trust me, you guys are just echoing the freelancers.  there's a LOT we'd like to do with this line.  It all depends on sales, which seem to be decent, so...  Cross your fingers :)
If we buy it, they will come?  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #65 on: <01-04-12/2236:45> »
Gotta find that episode.
From what i can tell, season 1 episode 7.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #66 on: <01-05-12/0059:59> »
Oh no, Fastjack was born in the 1990s, that much is (and has been) shadowrun canon since first edition, I think. Fastjack lived through the Great Ghost Dance, both Crashes, the creation of the UCAS and CAS, and all the other drek that has hit the Sixth World, which gives him an interesting perspective on things.
He's 73.

For an example of what he lived through:  Read this.

As for Slamm-0!, he's like me.  He never really did learn when to shut his trap...  ...  Actually, we're about the same age...  Damn.

Just read it CanRay.  Its very good.  I shall be sending my friends to read it and I wonder... was there anymore to it?
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #67 on: <01-05-12/0105:45> »
Oh no, Fastjack was born in the 1990s, that much is (and has been) shadowrun canon since first edition, I think. Fastjack lived through the Great Ghost Dance, both Crashes, the creation of the UCAS and CAS, and all the other drek that has hit the Sixth World, which gives him an interesting perspective on things.
He's 73.

For an example of what he lived through:  Read this.
Just read it CanRay.  Its very good.  I shall be sending my friends to read it and I wonder... was there anymore to it?
There will be.  Just been busy recently.  I wrote that when I couldn't get into the head of the protagonist for my Fallout 3 fic.

I'm using this FanFic to show a history of the Shadowrun Universe in a way.  There'll be flashbacks from the old man's point of view at various junctions of the history of the Sixth World.  To give an example of his age, he's nine years older than FastJack, and aged poorly compared to our favorite Hacker/Decker/Hacker.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #68 on: <01-05-12/0741:21> »
Frankly I do like the Street Legend idea of giving more information about SR universe key people.
But I also think that giving them statistics was a mistake.
My profile picture is a crop of Alfredo Lopez Jr  Mickey/Wolverine.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #69 on: <01-05-12/1214:49> »
Frankly I do like the Street Legend idea of giving more information about SR universe key people.
But I also think that giving them statistics was a mistake.
"If you stat them, they can be killed?"

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #70 on: <01-05-12/1220:08> »
I hate that particular canard, but there's not much to be done about it these days....
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #71 on: <01-05-12/1222:02> »
Frankly, if some damn fool takes Lofwyr on and somehow manages to win, they deserve the accomplishment. And the accompanying wrath of other great dragons, being the SOLE focus of Saeder-Krupp Prime, and other fun things that come with taking down both one of the Great Dragons and the head of a AAA megacorp in one swoop.

Your life expectancy would be HOURS.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #72 on: <01-05-12/1241:16> »
Frankly, if some damn fool takes Lofwyr on and somehow manages to win, they deserve the accomplishment. And the accompanying wrath of other great dragons, being the SOLE focus of Saeder-Krupp Prime, and other fun things that come with taking down both one of the Great Dragons and the head of a AAA megacorp in one swoop.

*Beep-Boop*  Achievement Unlocked:  Dead runner walking - 50G

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #73 on: <01-05-12/1256:43> »

Please... the incoming Thor shot would be lined up in a matter of minutes.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #74 on: <01-05-12/1303:36> »
"What's that beeping noise?"  "The biomonitor Lofwyr had attached to him, that's connected to the Magically-Enhanced Nuclear Explosive Device.  And ten tons of conventional explosives."

#ThisTaserGoesTo11